• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Kuma Miko

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

• Kuma Miko: Girl meets Bear
    Machi is a middle school student who serves as a shrine maiden (miko) at a Shinto shrine enshrining a bear (kuma) in the recesses of a certain mountain in Japan's northern Tōhoku region. Machi's guardian is a talking bear named Natsu, and one day Machi says to Natsu, "I want to go to a school in the city." The worrywart Natsu then gives Machi — who is ignorant in the ways of the world — a set of trials that she must pass in order to be able to survive in the city.

Type: TV
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Apr 3, 2016 to ?
    Premiered: Spring 2016
    Broadcast: Sundays at 23:30 (JST)
    Licensors: FUNimation Entertainment
    Studios: Kinema Citrus, EMT²
    Source: Manga
    Genres: Comedy, Seinen
    Duration: 24 min. per ep.
    Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Spoiler: Cast and Crew

Natsumi Hiyoka as Machi Amayadori
    Hiroki Yasumoto as Natsu Kumai

Kazuyuki Okitsu as Yoshio Amayadori
    Eri Kitamura as Hibiki Sakata

Staff:

Director: Kiyoshi Matsuda
    Animation Director: Hiroyuki Saiya
    Music: Akiyuki Tateyama
    Character Design: Hiroyuki Saita
    Theme Song: Bonjour Suzuki (OP)
    Theme Song Performance: Maki Hanatani (OP), Natsumi Hioka (ED), Hiroki Yasumoto (ED

TRAILERS
    Spoiler:

Currently my favorite show this season, the first episode was gold. Anyone else following this?

Last edited:

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Adaptations of laid-back series such as these are much, much, much safer for emotional investment, since one need not worry about overcompression of plot to fit a tight broadcast schedule-- there's not enough plot for it to matter!
    Incidentally, this is yet another manga that I've been following to get adapted recently. Hooray!

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Did I mention this is the best show of the season!?

Spoiler:

Back