• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lab, Battle Message/Command, Black Screen

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2014
    Hey there! I am having a couple of issues. First of all, the most important issue, When i run debug mode, regular game, and the editor, nothing happens, just a black screen. It was working fine 2 days ago but now it doesn't. I was thinking maybe it was because i had downloaded the new version that came out yesterday or maybe because there was a virus in the folders and when i ran CCleaner today it deleted it but turned out to be an important file.

The Second problem is with the lab event. After the first time through the lab and getting a starter you are moved to in front of the lab and talk to the helper. after that you can go back in but when i do it does the event after you select a pokemon. The only thing i add to the page was Control Switches: [0002: Got Pokémon]=ON above the self switch A. I also added some text into each conditional branch. Again this is on the Page 3 after the Conditional Branch End.

Third Question. I was wondering how to change the Battle Command Box to differ from the text border.

Thank You VERY Much!

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey there! I am having a couple of issues. First of all, the most important issue, When i run debug mode, regular game, and the editor, nothing happens, just a black screen. It was working fine 2 days ago but now it doesn't. I was thinking maybe it was because i had downloaded the new version that came out yesterday or maybe because there was a virus in the folders and when i ran CCleaner today it deleted it but turned out to be an important file.

Hmm, does this issue persist on other programs as well?

Er... what CCleaner does is 1. Removing unneeded internet files which may slows the system down a bit and other databases, like Windows Media Player's Media Library saved on your computer, Internet Explorer's History list etc can be cleaned with CCleaner easiely.

2. What CCleaner also does is removing unneeded and unused Register Keys and Values which has nothing related to Pokémon Essentials nor RPG MAKER XP/VX.

Conclusion
    Option 1:
    Have you tried checking the system for possible virusses during an Virusscanner you have installed, perhaps there was something downloaded through the internet browser or other download sources such as Newsgroups and/or Torrents?
    (Maybe MalwareBytes could be a useful program to have? ^^)

Option 2:
    Check the Taskmanager(CTRL + ALT + DEL or Right click on the Taskbar en choose 'Taskmanager')

1. In the manager, Check it, just be sure that you have enough RAM(Physical) Memory left for the other tasks.

2. Check in the 'Processes' tab if something may overload the CPU. This is easy notice when you look on the bottom of the Taskmanager window.
    If you don't know what I mean by that, It's the Statusbar that has the following text in it: Processes: xx | CPU Usage: xx% | Physical RAM: xx%.

If there is something overloading the CPU, try to spot the program through Processes and sort it in list 'Processor' and close it, after try again. (Makes it easier to find which program causes the issue of the CPU overloading)

3. If these 2 options doesn't help, try a system reboot.

Can't come with any other options :P
    Hopefully you can find what is causing the issue with the black screen, if it do is Essentials related, I suggest to ask Maruno for assistance since he's the Lead Developer of Pokémon Essentials :)

Good Luck! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2014
    T_T i feel like an idiot. all i had to do was restart my laptop....

So thank you very much.

Now all i need to know is how to fix the lab and battle message/command

Years
    There's no need to feel like that, we all make mistakes and learn from them :)

The Second problem is with the lab event. After the first time through the lab and getting a starter you are moved to in front of the lab and talk to the helper. after that you can go back in but when i do it does the event after you select a pokemon. The only thing i add to the page was Control Switches: [0002: Got Pokémon]=ON above the self switch A. I also added some text into each conditional branch. Again this is on the Page 3 after the Conditional Branch End.

Be sure that the Global Variable [0002: Got Pokémon] is indeed set ON.

Double-check this in the Test Run, Escape and choose Debug > Switches > and make sure [0002: Got Pokémon] is set ON instead of OFF.

Hopefully that will fix it ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2014
    ok went to new game and did the event and Got Pokemon was indeed on. but I reenter and it was still going back to the events after choosing a starter

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Print Screen some screenshots of your event... It may help us, help you. X

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Are you sure your auto-running event has a page 4, which is blank and depends on Self Switch A being on?

Back