• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Lack of Pokeballs?

What did you think about the fact only one pokeball was added for Gen V?

• I'm disappointed

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • I think it's cool

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Numbers

Say my name
Years
  • Can't say I'm too bothered about the lack of new Pokeballs as I very rarely used the gimmicky types anyway. I mostly stuck to Ultra and Pokeballs.
    It would have been cool if they had kept seals though and maybe just upgraded them so that you could deposit the Pokemon with seals attached.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I don't mind, because I think the pokeballs we have right now are good enough tbh, do we really need a pokeball for every single situation? :(

(Though I do like that Dream Balls are 100% catch rate in entralink lol). :3

Also Fenyx, I don't think they're uninspired, I think the Dream Balls are creative. It was unexpected after all!

Well, the flavor text of the Dream Balls does say:

A special Poké Ball that appears out of nowhere in a bag
    at the Entree Forest. It can catch any Pokémon.

..so I guess you're right about the unexpected part, Forever. XD

Um. What? The first time I went to the Entralink, I didn't even notice that the Dream Ball was in the front of my bag. I used a Poke Ball. Every ball has a 100% catch rate in there...or at least, the dozens of Pokemon I've caught in there have only taken one Poke Ball to catch. I've never once used the Dream Ball, you're absolutely not forced to unless you don't have any other types to use. I think that's just because once you decide to add it to your team, they want to make sure that you have a ball to catch it with, so they give you a Dream Ball so even if you're entirely out of any other type you can still catch it.

0_0 Really? Well, that's what I get for making quick assumptions without actually owning either game. I was under the understanding that you were provided only with Dream Balls to catch the Pokemon in, in an event similar to the Pal Park giving you Park Balls, and that all other Poke Balls were unusable. But if you can catch Dream World Pokemon with any Poke Ball, that's awesome news! ^_^

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I don't really mind.

We have enough balls IMO

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • I think that kurt's apricorn balls could've stood a reintroduction, they actually show up in the inventory through use of the ar, they just don't do anything I wasn't too big on seals though, they were cool for a while but were a pain when you wanted to put the pokemon anywhere but your party

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • I think there's enough pokéballs as there is, so I wasn't disappointed they only added one new ball. Sometimes I think there's too much pokéballs and some of the mare kinda unnecessary.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years
  • I dont want to argue, but I think there is already enough pokeballs in the game. :/

If they add 1 or 2 per gen I'm fine with that. Cx But in pokemon HG-SS the new pokeballs were pathetic. Like the love ball. Eww?

They didn't work well anyways. :/ But I'm happy they didn't add 5 new pokeballs to B/W.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I dont want to argue, but I think there is already enough pokeballs in the game. :/

If they add 1 or 2 per gen I'm fine with that. Cx But in pokemon HG-SS the new pokeballs were pathetic. Like the love ball. Eww?

They didn't work well anyways. :/ But I'm happy they didn't add 5 new pokeballs to B/W.

Basically my thoughts exactly. It's not really a big deal to me if they decide not to add a couple more Pokéballs for each generation, as we have quite a lot already. Even if it's just one or two new Pokéballs that come out in a new generation, I'm fine with that. At least they added some kind of new Pokéball for the gen, with that being the Dream World ball.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Although I do agree, It would have been better if we got a few more new neat PokéBalls. Though then again, Generation five isn't even over yet - so I'm pretty sure we should at least get some new ones added in the R/S/E remakes (if we get them) and maybe even in the third game. (if we get that xD)

Back