• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Lack of water pokemon!

Shiny Sheimi

Pokémon Perfectionist
    Years
    I don't think it's a bad idea for there to be so few Pokémon to be found in Water. As someone's already said, there are already enough Water-type Pokémon as it is, and adding more for the sake of following a pattern isn't really necessary. I think that if you look at how many Pokémon were available to catch in the original Red/Blue (7 chains, I believe), the number in Unova doesn't look so bad. After all, Black/White are supposed to be a "fresh start" on the series, and the non-Unova Pokémon that they included after N's Castle are probably only there to please fans. People would have broken down if they'd been stuck with Unova Pokémon only for the entire game!

I can see that there could probably have been more for the better, but I don't think it had a massive impact on the gameplay.

Years
    Well, I am not a huge fan of Water-types and Surf is not needed to proceed in the game. So, I have no problem with the lack of Water-types. I use ground-types mainly for fire. Or EQ.

Back