• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lamest rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
    What was the lamest rumor you've ever heard(in a pokemon game)?The worst one I've ever heard was that if you breed a female lugia and a male lugia you'll get an egg that hatches into a lugia named silver.The thing is you can't breed with Lugia.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    How about this one for pokemon gold/silver...?

Trade a male Mewtwo and Mew to your gold/silver game and put them in the daycare. Wait two weeks and they'll have an egg. The egg will hatch into a green Alakazam. Breed the Alakazam with your Mewtwo and you'll get an egg containing Celebi o.O

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I remember on a certain cheat website there were all these rumors about a Pokemon in GSC called "Death Dragon". It was something about doing something so another Whirl Island would appear, and Death Dragon was in it. If you went in the cave, he would start talking to you and demand a battle. If you lost he would kill you and you'd have to start your game over from the beginning.

There were also several weird rumors about ways to kill Professor Oak/your mom/your rival/Bill/etc.

And the best one... "Catch Digimon on Pokemon!" I don't remember how that one went though, something about a 'digital house'.

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Make a Metang hold a Metalcoat, then trade it over to evolve it to a Metalord...
    It was such a strange rumor. Anyway, Metalord is a lame name.

[Edit] Fake stats screen someone made.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Three staple rumors of RBY:

1.) On Yellow, beat the Elite Four 1000 times and get a free Togepi/Pikablu (NOT Marill)

2.) After you've beaten the game, surf to Cerulean Cave and walk past it until you come to the female trainer who had a Parasect (you must have battled her once.) Talk to her, then make sure you have Mewtwo sixth in your party. If you have met these conditions, you will be able to teach Mewtwo Fly. Teach it to him, then use it to fly to Viridian City. It will appear to have done nothing. Instead, walk a few steps south until you jump over the hedge, and you will be floating instead of walking. This way, you will float over the mountains if you head further south and end up in a secret place called Brick Town.

3.) Have Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in your party (in that order.) Talk to Bill, and he will give you a key that opens an invisible door in the back of his house. You will enter a special cave where you can catch the pokemon Chromo Mew (there are many variations of the Chromo Mew cheat, but this is the one I've heard most commonly.)

Fell for number two many times as a n00b.

Sikono

Sikono Knows All
    Years
    I feel sorry for all the people who fall for fake cheats and rumors. But some cheats are true, such as the mew cheat. But instead, I made my own version of the mew cheat to get some pokemon you can't get or pokemon you need to trade for. Just use the mew cheat with different person other than the guy in cerulean. :P THe mew cheat is for I think RBY only. I don't remember the exact details of the mew cheat though.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    The lamest rumour I heard was that if you beat the Pokemon and talk to the surfing guy with the Pikachu you get a Surfing Pikachu, Yeah Right!

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    I woz told a rumour that if u skip certain events in G/S/C and then go to Ilex forest and use Cut on the shrine that a wild Celebi would appear and attack u. When I told my cousin this she fell 4 it sooooo bad.

Bocky

<-- the best
    Years
    gaaaaaaaa said:
    I heard a rumour that you can get Yoshi on Ruby

XD i heard that too!!

i also heard that if you leave a magikarp in the daycare{on any game} that it will evolve into a gyarados and then evolve into an aqua looking dragonite[like a mix between gyarados and dragonite.] i actually fell for it cuz i wanted a cool looking dragonite REALLY bad.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    That if you go to goldenrod pokemon center, when you cut at the trade center,
    another door will open. And that if you are playing on GBA, that you can trade to R/S...
    I fell for it, because the one who said that, had a (possibly hacked) Steelix.
    -tole

mew_rocks

Sell the kids for food
    Years
    Ive heard many rumours the 2 worst ones were:
    1.On RBY at vermillion town where that guy is using a machoke to stomp in a construction site or something, use dig and you will fall into a cave full of mews and mewtwos.
    2.Get 150 pokemon but never enter the Cerulean cave, (obviously get mewtwo traded) then buy loads of repels and enter Cerulean cave and make it all the way to mewtwo without getting any battles. Mewtwo will not be standing where he should be but if you press A where he usualy is a lvl.110 Yoshi appears that can only be caught with a masterball.

Years
    I've heard my fair share of lies.

Somebody told me that if you played Ruby on a DS and pressed A, A, B, B, Y, R, and pressed up that you'd encounter Kirby. I told him to prove it, and he said he was afraid it'd glitch up his game. XD

Honestly, Kirby? In a Pokemon game? I don't think so.

KageSora

Rukario Fan
    Years
    Hah, these are great.

Here's a nice one for RBY:

Use a gameshark and do some code that will let you walk through walls. Go to Mt. Moon and near the end go to the place where you find the Moonstone that is invisible (right before the guy with the fossils) and walk through that wall. In the room you enter, you'll be able to find something called a 'Miststone.' Use it on a Charizard and it will evolve into a black Charizard called 'Charcoal.'

XD There were so many people that I saw trying this one, it was soooo funny. I was a summer camp. XD

Here:
    Get Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Tododile in Emerald- When you complete the 200 Pokemon of Hoenn. Professor Birch will call you on your Pokenav.

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    KageSora said:
    Here:
    Get Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Tododile in Emerald- When you complete the 200 Pokemon of Hoenn. Professor Birch will call you on your Pokenav.
    Btw, this isn't a rumor -_-
    You do get the Jhoto starters if you get all Hoenn Pokemon on Emerald (excluding Jira and Deo).

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    What I heard about Taming your Pokemon to make it happy is that it would be happy if you walked around with it.
    Actually... when you walk a certain amount of steps (I can't remember how many though -_-) with your Pok?mon it will become happier =O
    Here:
    Like Kohei said, it isn't a rumor -_-

I remember one for RBY:

Surf around in the room in Cerulean cave where Mewtwo is and press A after every step. It might take minutes or months, but sooner or later you will find a Mist stone, use it on Charizard and you'll get a Pok?mon called 'Venuzard' -_-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back