• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lancaster: School of Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Ruroen stopped. Sure, his music was loud, and sure, his hair was currently flying around as a result of his headbanging, but he wasn't being horribly disruptive. He pressed pause on his iPod and looked in Alarune's direction with a very large frown. "You better watch it, little Freshman!" he shouted at her, brow furrowed. He suddenly stopped as her facial expression changed. "Err... Sorry!" he shouted again. "I didn't mean it!"

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
    Years
  • "Oh, I'm so sorry Rune did that. She gets angry very easily... I always tell her she should have a better grip on her anger, but she just gets angrier..." Aura said, her hands clasped in front of her face, and looking off at the ground.

Luna nuzzled Aura's cheek, trying to cheer her up, while Sol chattered something that only Aura could recognize as speech. "Sol said I should tell you why Rune was angry. She was put in Basic Defense and Basic Close Combat, and she has a bit of an ego," Aura relayed, now looking up at the person who Rune had hit. Sol chattered something else. "Also, my name is Aura Sephalis... What is yours? If you don't mind my asking..." she asked, as an attempt at friendship.

Last edited:

Brad

The Paper Fastener
    Years
  • Brad continued to sit in the stadium, and took out Apocalypse. He was strong enough to wield his sword one hand, but its size was impressive. 3/4 his size, Apocalypse was extremely sharp, and made of enchanted metal. It was pitch black, but also engraved with gold in a flame pattern that took up various small parts of the sword. The handle was also bejewled. He put it next to him, and various others started to pour into the stadium. He saw a female Mage, a Rune Knight, and various others. Some of the faculty started pouring in as well, and it was announced that as soon as everyone had gotten through the Forest and to the Colosseum, that the ceremnoy would start. Brad continued to sit, listening to music, Apocalypse next to him. He hoped the ceremonies would start soon- he was getting bored. As his white hair blew in the breeze, he dwelled upon his status so far.
    "I'm doing fine, I guess. As an albino, I should have some form of medical weakness, like most albinos, but I've stayed good so far. I have trained myself to be in the top caliber. But I can't shake the suspicion that I'm not as well prepared as I think.

Last edited:

ThatInsaneKid

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    "Ruroen J. Perrin," the young Rune Knight replied, beaming at Aura. "I see why she wouldn't like having to take Basic Defense... I've heard it sucks. Majorly," he said. "I'm in that class too. Although it's fitting... I'm more of an offense person, and I wear absolutely no armor in battle." Ruroen took the earbuds out of his ears and wrapped them around his iPod, which he stuck in his jacket pocket.

"And now, I'm going to guess that you have a split personality," Ruroen said. "And you're Aura while the other one is Rune?"

Shadow_Yue

SO I HERD U LIEK NARUTO?
    Years
  • 'Oh man....' Hikaru thought as she stopped running for a few moments to realize she had no clue where she was going. She cursed herself and then sat down on the soft grass trying to think where the right direction would be. It's not that she didn't have a good sense of direction, no, that wasn't it. Hikaru's laziness had made her take many breaks throughout her 3 day journey and she often started walking after 3 minutes of running. Plus that iPod. Oh that iPod. She had gotten so carried away in the music that she forgot where she was going and started walking in random directions. The way HIkaru figured, she was fast enough to travel a good distance before she had to stop. And that wasn't exactly false either, she was very fast, but going in the wrong direction probably took her majorly off course. Sitting back up Hikaru jumped to her feet, finally realizing where she was supposed to go and was extremely elated at the fact that it wasn't very far away.

"Finally!" She exclaimed giving up walking and started jumping through the trees. The bow and arrows on her back were getting heavy and she hated all this running she had to do. Hikaru knew the sun would be out that day so she chose to bring sunglasses so it wouldn't irritate her as much as it normally did. Past the treetops of the 'Head burning, itchy, insect infested death trap' as Hikaru called it, was a tall building that she couldn't quite make out but knew that if it was a building then she must've been at her destination. As she flew out of the forest at top speed she noticed how many other people had been flying out of the forest and nearly hit one of them! She winced as her foot hit the ground in an awkward position but shook it off once she felt the relief of actually getting to where she was going. It had taken longer than she had expected. Walking towards the giant colleseum, she decided to inspect closer but stopped when she heard a mechanical voice call out some very familier information.

" Hikaru Takashi, Crossbow Sniper, First Year Student."

HIkaru turned her head towards the machine and cocked an eye brow at it receiving only a piece of paper in response.

"Huh, I guess it's my schedule." she said shoving the paper in her pocket and continuing onwards.

'Advanced Close Combat
    Elemental Control 101
    Marksmanship 121.'

She made a mental note to remember that as she went on her way to the stadium plugging her iPod back in her ears.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen entered the Colosseum casually, when he had entered, not many people had arrived yet. He picked a free seat at his leisure near the front, over-seeing the battle arena. He walked calmly to a seat and placed his large bow in the seat next to him.

"This freakin thing... why do you have to be so big, Angel's Song? What if a cute girl wanted this seat... i have to tell her no, my gigantic Bow needs space" Fen said to his weapon as if it would talk back. He sat back in his seat and propped his feet up on the railing in front of him. The clouds gently floated by over head, temporarily blocking the sun then letting it show itself again. Fen heard footsteps in the seats above him, he glanced over his shoulder to see a gigantic beast of a kid, with pale skin, and a fierce looking sword. He immediately returned his gaze to the sky, trying not to stare at the obviously noticeable massive kid behind him.

"What the heck did his parents feed him? Spinach soaked in steroids? Jesus Christ...." Fen thought to himself. He looked down at his bow which was shining in the sunlight and intruding into the space of the seat behind him.

"I guess i better just hold you myself..." Fen said to his bow. He lifted it and held it straight up, showing its true size, easily reaching about 6 feet tall. The angel wing design seemed to parade itself as Fen ran his hand gently across the thick frame. He pulled a rag from one of his pants pockets and began to shine the bow so it glistened in the sun. As usual, Fen was quite proud of his bow and all it stood for, he fished in his pocket once more and pulled out a case of resin and began rubbing the thick cord that fired his massive arrows. He wanted his bow to look its best and work its best, at all times. No amount of care would be too great for a bow his father risked his life to make for him. The body of the bow... made from the feathers of a Grand Dragon, fought long ago in the Himalayas, and the bow itself strung with the whiskers of the very same dragon. Absolute power and beauty. Fen placed the rag and resin back inside his pocket, now satisfied at the newly polished, clean bow which now almost reflected sunlight off its beauty. A loud speaker, audible throughout the whole campus, cut into Fen's thoughts of admiration on his bow.

"The opening ceremonies will begin in 15 minutes. Would all students please promptly report to the Colosseum and be seated. I repeat, Would all the students please report to the Colosseum within 15 minutes. Thank You"

The loudspeaker cut off and the sound still echoed a bit through the Colosseum. This seemed to be a cue, as students began flocking in by the masses. Fen continued to hold his bow straight up by his side. Maybe no one would want to sit next to him since his bow was so massive and attention grabbing. Then he would have a seat to set it in. He could only hope and pray this would be the case. More and more students piled into the Colosseum, the ceremonies were about to begin.

Brad

The Paper Fastener
    Years
  • Brad was oblivious to the gazes of others at him: he looked like a giant, and he looked fearsome. After 3 years of constant training his body and mind, he had incredible muscles for his size- they bulged at his abdomen, but the length of his limbs made them look more graceful than his exposed abdomen. His blood red eyes also helped- they looked demonic- a sinister slit shape, and a red color. His hair blew in the breeze. It was snow white, and blew peacefully in the wind. His attire was also a bit fearsome. He had a jacket made of red dragon leather from his native Hawaii, with the fangs lining the collar, the pentagram on the dragons forehead upon his back, and his sword- Apocalypse. Brad admired it. It was made of an unknown black metal, with a flame pattern of gold and diamonds. it had helped him kill the dragon for the jacket just a few months before. It was infinitely sharp- it could cut through diamonds effortlessly, and it had an ancient look. It was a mix of Western and Eastern design- Eastern designs, but the same wide shape of the Western style. Brad knew it was from before AD- it was that old. He loved his chosen weapon- it made him look intimidating, which made people ignore him, which kept him alone. He resheathed it, and closed his eyes. "I Am A Rock" was playing on his iPhone. He relaxed, and slowly bided by the time, the 15 minutes until the ceremony started.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • I hope it is still okay to enter this RP, which I found very interesting (interesting enough for me to return to RPs after a short break o_O). I'd also like to say that I loved your plot (hmm, seems unnecessary to say it, for I'm already here, hooked by it). I also noticed that there's still a chance for one to be accepted to have two teams of four people... but me being accepted is not up to me, so I post my sign-up form:

Name: Max Hunter

Class: Knight
    Primary Weapon: His trustworthy sword of blue handle and silver blade. Still not named, it has proven to be a bit sharper than an average katana, but he currently put a protective layer of plastic over it, so not to damage anything when sparring (but the layer can be put away). It is a bit longer than a normal sword, for it cannot be a longsword since then it would be really hard to unsheath it if it is on his back. The blade is not flat; actually, if you see the sword with the "V" tip aiming at you, you can see that it looks a bit like a flat rhombus; therefore, if an enemy gets hit with the "flat" side, there are still chances the opponent will get cut. The handle has a pair of modern-looking wings at the sides of the blade, and it goes down until a silver pyramid aims downwards (if the sword is held so the tip points to the sky/ceiling). The sword is in a blue sheath with silver, decorating lines.

He also carries a shield, made of the finest steel. It looks like a triangle, with one of the vertexes pointing to the ground. With the top two vertexes, they go a bit upward, then fall, creating somewhat the picture of a round arrowhead. In the middle of the top line joining the top two vertexes, there is a small pointy shape aiming upwards. The edge of the shield is actually two pieces of a model made of steel that hold the "inner shield" tight. The inner shield is colored an electric blue, and shows some perfectly painted silver lines that harmonize with a zig-zag line in the middle, apparently going down (which represents a lightning) with a pair of wings. The shield has two semi-circle bars so one holds the arm in place, and the other is grabbed by the hand. It also has a small hole, and a strap with a little ball at the end that secures the shield in place when is on the back.
    He is still thinking of the names he will give to both his sword and shield that he carries on his back.

Elemental Affinity: Lightning

Description: A weird black hair apparently coming from an anime covers his forehead and may get on his electric blue eyes from time to time; it's all kinda messy and a bit spiky, and he preferred length over volume. His face is quite handsome but has never been praised. He is around 5'8 tall and weighs about 137 pounds. He wears black running shoes with dark grey jeans above them, covering half of them. Wears a long-sleeved blue shirt under a thin, black vest. He also loves his black (also thin) long coat that he wears over the vest and shirt. A pair of blue, fingerless gloves with silver decorative lines cover his hands, and are used mainly for protection since he got bad injuries in his childhood and left a few scars. He holds his sword and shield on his back thanks to a large, black strap tied to the sword's shield. Since Max uses his sword and shield like being right-handed, the sword is positioned to be drawn by the right hand. Max also has a cellphone in an inner pocket of his long coat; the cellphone can also play music and Max listens to music from time to time. One of the not-so-seen objects Max has, is a pair of blue-hued goggles, which are not so big, but protect perfectly his eyes; dark grey plastic holds the lens of the goggles, which look a darker blue in the shade, and a brighter blue if lit; and a worn-out clothe, which once belonged to person dear to Max. The last items are in the inner pockets of his long coat.

Personality: Max is quite a weird guy. He is mainly a romantic, lonely, person, but is a living contradiction for he also is an ENTP (Extroverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving), meaning he takes almost everything form his environment, and makes adequate decisions for a desired objective in mind in a second; most decisions are not based on feeling, but in efficiency. He is shy with strangers at first, but is friendly once you get to know him. He tries to please his friends and will do whatever he can to protect them. He also is a bit of a philosopher, and sometimes can be found alone in many places staring at space, but he's actually thinking deeply about a topic. He also fears the strongest side of his abilities, having committed a terrible thing in his past using the most powerful of his techniques. He doesn't like to talk about it, and may have a mood swing if the topic comes out.

Techniques: His affinity to lightning and electricity makes a very interesting arrange of powers for now, important to him, and in combat (downfalls are below techniques) :

Body Enhancement - Is much of an automatic defense system that kicks in when he focuses and wishes to use it, or is in a critical situation. It mainly consists of taking advantage of the biologic effects the electricity in his body causes. It speeds up cell processes and stimulates almost all kinds of cells in his body (which allows him to heal wounds in a fast way and having a bit more of strength, agility, reflexes, etc). He can also focus to attract metal objects at him, or making them go away by acting like a somewhat humanoid magnet.

Electric Beam - This technique is a simple act of delivering a strong current of electricity at a target. It can be charged to deliver a more powerful attack and increase its range and accuracy, or if Max tries hard enough, concentrate energy in a ball of electricity to make a big powerful sphere of electric energy, or also fire many small spheres (though, last methods are rarely used). A lesser form of this technique is creating a small sphere of electricity in a hand, and only use it to light a dark path.

Lightning Sword - This is the second most powerful technique. It is basically creating a sword-like shape of electricity growing from the wrist, and its length varies depending on the amount of electricity Max desires to use (the longest Lightning Sword was about 3 feet, but remember it starts on the wrist). It works letting an electric current out of the body on a side of the wrist (the left if it used in the right hand, and the right side of the wrist if used in the left hand), create the sword shape, and letting the electricity into the body through the other side of the wrist; thus, creating "a sword of electricity". This makes electricity go wild around the arm, so touching the arm of the hand using the technique can be dangerous to anyone else. A lesser form is using his real sword; just letting electricity shock the sword so it is electrified. Is kinda rare to see Max use a Lightning Sword, and if he ever uses the technique, he will surely use a small amount of electricity, but enough to shock the target a bit, and make it think it was cut by a knife.

The problem with all the techniques is that they need the electricity that is in the body of Max. His body works like a battery, containing large amounts of electricity, releasing it each time he uses a technique. In some cases (like in the Lightning Sword or Body Enhancement) the electricity will go back into the body, but as all systems in this world, a part of the energy used for something is lost in the process (meaning that some energy in a Lightning Sword for example, will be lost in the form of sound, light, etc.).

Max does not control his abilities perfectly, so he will use less amount of the electricity he holds (like maybe at 40% left of the electricity he holds, he may think he needs a "refill"), and won't use correctly the electricity he needs to do a technique (as in releasing more electricity that only will create more light, or sound louder, etc). When Max feels he doesn't have much electricity left, he will have to recharge (yes, like a rechargeable battery) by "stealing" the electricity used in a house, or cables, etc. Or maybe getting shocked in a lightning storm.

Additional Information: Max was born in Mexico, and is half-Mexican and half-British (his father being mexican and his mother being british). He had to move to England due to his father's business. Since he had troubles with his abilities, he is now trying to enter Lancaster: School for Battle. His sword and shield are a family heirloom, representing the prowess of the lightning and the persons that bear the affinity to electricity. Since a child, Max has practiced swordsmanship, and does very well with a sword. He is also very athletic and started training his body after deciding to be as "cool" as the people in a circus. He is quite muscular and agile. He got his affinity to lightning due to his father, who was a Samurai. His mother was a sniper with affinity to ice, and she could use techniques to control water too. Max thinks he can discover techniques with water (increasing his chances of winning in a battle, since water conducts electricity), since he believes he also has some affinity to ice thanks to his mother, but finding it will be hard since he has focused in his lightning abilities. He is also ambidextrous, but has preferred using his right hand for his sword, but he can also wield it with his left hand.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Max_Hunter - Flattery will get you everywhere haha. I liked your app, you might want to save one of your techniques to learn during the school year but thats up to you. All you need to do is write your introduction and make your way to the Colosseum and pick up your schedule as you'll see everyone else has done. Needless to say you're Accepted

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • OOC: Yeah, I feel the need to comment here on the fact that everyone seems to be writing extremely short posts. If you're barely striking the four-line minimum, it makes it really hard for those of us who go for longer posts to catch up and interact with your characters, especially when we can't always be engaged in the RP. So just as a favor, please make your posts a bit longer than four lines? Pretty please? With that said, I can now make my opening post. :3 Oh, and Ed has already received his class schedule and will reach the colloseum just as the ceremony begins, for information of other RPers.

"You are calm and assertive," the soothing female voice stated.

"I am calm and assertive," the ninja repeated as he gripped the branch he was hanging from with one hand while holding his earphones to his head with the other.

"You are a go-getter."

"I am a go-getter," he repeated, as the motivational tape continued to play.

"You are a skilled metalworker."

"I am a skilled-" The ninja stopped short before realizing that someone had switched his motivational tape with a re-recorded version. The ninja released his grip on the branch and somersaulted to the ground before immediately jabbing his finger into the button marked "stop" on the tiny portable tape player he held. He wasn't fool enough to make a complete display of his frustration, he would leave that to the others who hadn't completely mastered their emotions. He would be an island of calm, an assertive, powerful member of society! He would not allow this minor setback to unhinge his calm! No, Edgar knew he was better than that. He could overcome these momentary doubts and frustrations to rise above his classmate, despite the world set against him. He would triumph first as a ninja, then as an engineer, and bring back the prestige lost to the class of his grandfather. He gripped the tape player tightly as his knuckles slowly turned white. He was not about to let anyone else know of his dissapointment, no. He could not show any sign of weakness. Only one who ruled himself and proved himself independent of all others was strong! He would show his strength! He would not be offended! He would-

Edgar groaned. Who was he kidding? He was frustrated and his feeble attempts at bottling up his emotions were increasingly becoming less effective. He wanted to be as assertive and calm as his self-help tapes told him that he was, but this did not change the sad fact that he was still just a kid playacting as he tried to convince the outside world that he wasn't someone you could mess with. He was weak, and that was the sad truth. Already he felt the pangs of loneliness and homesickness, and he hadn't even been at Lancaster for long. He couldn't even take solace in his ability to outperform his classmates in combat due to his chosen class's inability to win a battle with direct confrontation. If he were a Rune Knight or a Wizard, perhaps, he could have made up for his dependence on human companionship with strength that easily overcame all opponents. As a ninja, however, he would have to fight from the shadows, completely incapable of unleashing the devastating techniques used by others. Angry, he kicked the dirt below his feet. Not only was his life going downhill rapidly, but this place didn't even have a decent Hurling team, which precluded his enjoying the one sport he was drawn to.

"The opening ceremonies will begin in 15 minutes. Would all students please promptly report to the Colosseum and be seated. I repeat, Would all the students please report to the Colosseum within 15 minutes. Thank You"

Ed straightened up abruptly, realizing the voice's implications. He had to race for the stadium, and fast! Dropping any trace of his former emotions, the ninja leaped into the trees above his head and raced to the colloseum, hoping he'd arrive in time...

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    OOC: Thanks for pointing that out, ACC-M, i meant to say something about that earlier. on a side note, i'll be posting full Faculty profiles in the opening thread as they are introduced for reference.

Fen sat with one leg crossed over the other, tapping his foot up and down restlessly. The Colosseum was nearly full now and his earlier suspicions remained true. Due to the sheer awkward size of his bow, no one had wanted to sit next to him. This was the ideal situation. He placed the bow back in its original seat next to him, assured that no one needed the chair. Although he was happy no one appeared to want the seats next to him, this did not side the fact that he had been waiting roughly 25 minutes in the stadium now and was growing impatient. He pulled out his slider phone and slid it open quickly, checking the time.

"Hm... I guess this thing should get rolling pretty soon then..." Fen said out loud to himself then was suddenly cut off by a great deal of commotion in the center of the Colosseum. There were lightning strikes, fire balls, waves of water, icicles, and small whirlwinds all over the the center of the Colosseum's battle arena.

"An attack? who would dare...." Fen said to himself.

The whole first year section was tense, watching the chaos in the arena in front of them. Fen wasted no time in reaching for Angel's Song and stylishly pulling out an arrow and keeping it at ready. Fen was going to be ready for anything that came his way. His eyes narrowed, watching for any movement among the flurry of spells. It seemed the other first year students around him had followed suit and were all prepared to battle the threat so suddenly placed before them. Fen loaded his bow and pulled the string back. The bow made a small creaking noise as it pulled taut. Fen shut his left eye and shut off all senses except he sight and hearing. Pure concentration.

The dust and madness of the Colosseum battle arena cleared, showing massive creatures, easily standing 20 feet tall. Fen wasted no time. A monster intruding campus? what nerve.

"Sing. Angel's Song" Fen said calmly. He released the arrow which was accompanied by a massive *boom* from the bow. The thunderous echo from the bow seemed to be a cue for the other first years to unleash an onslaught of techniques. The attacks all stop in their tracks and disperse. Confusion among the first years was apparent, but instantly cleared when laughter could be heard among the rest of the colosseum. A booming voice echoed over the rest of the voices.

"HAHAHAHA that trick works with every new group of students!" The voice bellowed over everything. The monsters instantly vanished like a mirage to reveal no more than a group of people in the center of the arena.

"Illusionary magic...And all our attacks... were so easily negated..." Fen said to himself, embarrassed as he returned to his seat.

"Welcome! Welcome! First years! To Lancaster. We hope to make this a great year for you all. Please excuse our sense of humor but that is a wondrous gag that seems to be a hit every year. I am the Dean of this fine school. My name is not important, you will all just address me as 'Dean'. If you have a problem with that... well too bad." The Dean said loudly, finally exposing himself to be a slim older man, appearing to be around age 70. His hair had grayed and he wore a simple black tuxedo with bow tie, and leaned most of his weight on a thin black cane in front of him. He did not look very powerful, yet his presence seemed to demand respect.

"Behind me, is your faculty. Each of these teachers is highly skilled at their arts and will not take any lip from any of you. Their teaching methods are their own business and I will not interfere. If at any moment you feel they are too hard on you... too bad. This is a school for battle. Your opponents will not go easy on you, so neither will your teachers. If you are questioning their strength, the attacks that were just deflected were all stopped by one woman. The faculty will introduce themselves on a personal level tomorrow during your classes. That being said, have fun this year! Make our school proud and become as strong as you can be. You will all be dismissed in sections. Please go to your respective dormitories to receive your room assignments. You all have your schedules; Class begins promptly tomorrow! You are all dismissed." The Dean finished his speech, then he and the faculty instantly vanished from the center of the arena without a trace.

Fen sat at a loss for words for a few minutes after the speech was over. "Such power...so the joke isn't only for laughs... its to demonstrate their strength... they're good. The ability to camouflage themselves like that with no signs of imperfection. And have one woman negate attacks and spells from all 6 elements AND physical attacks all at once... thats just frightening..." He thought to himself as he watched the other students file out of the Colosseum

ThatInsaneKid

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Ruroen clutched his side, roaring with laughter. "Haha. Wee gullible kiddies, aren't they?" he said to himself, standing up. The young man subsequently joined a group of his friends as they headed to the dormitories, all laughing at the new students' reaction, despite the fact that they had done just about the same thing when they were in the first year section just last year.

---

Ruroen leapt onto his bed, yawning as he rolled on to his back. He didn't feel tired, but his body sure was. He started staring at the ceiling, randomly picking out his rather random thoughts. This bed is definitely softer than the one I had last year, he thought absentmindedly. Same goes for the pillows. I like soft pillows. He yawned again, closing his eyes. "Time for nap," he mumbled. A few minutes later, abnormally loud snoring filled the room.

Brad

The Paper Fastener
    Years
  • Brad woke up as the ceremony was starting. No one was even near him- he was glad about that. Apocalypse sat unsheathed next to him, its black metal gleaming in the sun. However, there was soon a commotion in the center of the Colosseum- fire, ice, wind, water, and lightning swirled and erupted about the center stage. Brad was for a minute alarmed, as the kid with the bow shot an arrow, and everyone else followed suit. Monsters appeared to be in the center- was the faculty really subdued? He then realized, from the calm action of the upperclassmen, that it was a trick, an illusion, and he waited for the commotion to subside. Then, a man bellowed, and there appeared a group of adults- the man being the center. Due to his gray hair, he was obviously an octogenarian. He looked about 70 years old, and wore a black tuxedo, a bowtie, and carried a cane that most of his weight leaned on. He explained that it was an illusion. He welcomed the 1st years. He also explained that the teachers were skilled, and were not to be talked back to. He aslo explained that if they thought a teacher was too hard, that it was just too bad. Brad laughed- he thought the frank expression of this quite humorous. The Dean also explained that the attacks were stopped by one woman. Brad though this to be even funnier- all of that attacks, and nothing happened. He was somewhat humored- he hadn't attacked, so he found it hilarious that the confusion and fear of his peers turned out for naught. The Dean talked a tiny bit more- stuff about making Lancaster proud, having fun, etc. Afterwards, they whole Colosseum filed out- Brad quickly and stealthily went to his dormitory- the one closest to the center, Front East Side. When he got there, he recieved his room assignment- the top suite- room 1993. He went up the spiraling stairs, went into the large room, and gazed at the large windows in the front, and the furniture around him. It was getting dark, and Brad undressed into his underwear, turned the fan up to "FREEZING YOUR ASS OFF", made the fan silent, got into bed, pulled the silken covers over him- and went to sleep. His sleep, however, was filled with odd dreams- some good, some bad. One really struck him, however- it was somewhere in between the two ends of the spectrum.

Brad was in a campus field- he did not know which one- his white hair blowing in a violent wind. There was an opponent, completely darkened by shadows. This opponent wielded a sword, and told Brad in an archaic language to prepare to battle. Brad somehow understood, and suddenly was wearing Chaos, and wielding Apocalypse in his left hand- although he is ambidextrous. His opponent ran at him, and although Brad hacked and slashed and stabbed, his opponent pinned him to the ground, and revealed his face. It was a golden-skinned man, 6'5", with bulging muscles, red hair, and white eyes. He wore a Roman uniform, and his sword was... was... Apocalypse. In his pack, he had Chaos. He cursed at Brad in English- saying Brad wasn't prepared for his skill yet. He did admit that Brad was much younger, less experienced, and hadn't used his blade as long. He then said that Brad wasn't ready, and as Brad wondered about what he wasn't ready for, in his dream, that is, the man decapitated him in cold blood. Brad woke up, sweating. He reached for Apocalypse, put the saword down, and drifted back to sleep. Brad did not know what the man in the dream meant, but he had done a great job of freaking out Brad.

Last edited:

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • Max was rushing through the forest that day, early in the morning. Running through the dense woods was not exhausting, but rather boring, and annoying. He knew that even it was early, the school would begin any welcoming ceremonies soon. He decided to hurry up, dodging the big trees but cutting any small obstacle in his way. And so it looked he kept doing this for 15 min, half an hour, an hour. But he was wrong, and even ran out of the forest exactly 27 min with 34 seconds since he woke up that day. He stopped when the morning sun's rays smote his face, and he smiled. He bent a little to catch his breath, but quickly stood erect again. He wasn't done catching his breath because a voice that boomed everywhere around him said

He sighed, and started to run again. He didn't sheath his sword, nor noticed that the colosseum in the middle of the school was not so far as it looked. Finally, after being near he kiosks that were around the colosseum, he slowed down. He started walking normally, swung his sword a few times, and sheathed it. He passed a few persons. Some girls looked at him and turned away, others kept looking at him, and a few ones smiled. He didn't see the girls very well, his attention was drawn to a boy to his left praising his sword. Max didn't know how to react. He nodded and kept walking forward.

As he was walking by a kiosk, a red light scanned his face and disappeared as quick as it came. Then a mechanical female voice said

"Max Hunter. Knight. Age 17. First Year Student"

Max sighed as the voice stopped and his schedule was brought to him. "I don't need you to say that information, I already know who I am..." he thought reading his schedule. It read

Advanced Close Combat
    Elemental Control 101
    Advanced Defense

"Interesting" he simply said. He folded the paper and put it in a pocket, then walked in the colosseum. He found a nearby seat and sat down. Two boys caught his attention when he took a look around. One had a gigantic boy with him, and the other was a very tall and muscular albino. He returned his sight to the center of the arena and waited for the ceremonies to begin. It was all quite interesting to him. All kind of spells appeared in the arena, then monsters, and all the first year students started attacking the monsters. "All the first year students... not the rest..." Max said looking at other places, seeing older students not doing anything, but smiling and laughing at the freshmen.

A while later, after all attacks were repelled, an old man talked to the first year students. His weight was supported by a cane, and he was wearing fancy clothes. He was the Dean of Lancaster. He talked to them, explaining things as classes, how hard the teachers would be. Max laughed when the old man said that it was too bad if they didn't like things about the teachers. Max found pretty honest comments very amusing. After everything finished, he was one of the last people to walk out. He passed many persons around the colosseum and in the grounds, talking and laughing. He was alone then. Max walked slowly until he reached his dorm, somewhere high among the dorms and went straight to the bed. He didn't care how his dorm looked, he just put his sword and shield on the floor next to his bed, untied his shoes and slept on his new, comfortable bed, falling asleep in less than a minute.

Shadow_Yue

SO I HERD U LIEK NARUTO?
    Years
  • Finally making her way to the colleseum, taking way longer than she needed to, Hikaru was met with a fury of attacks throughout the stadium. She only raised her eyebrow at the giant mess before trying to find an empty seat in the collesuem. She figured she would just duck out of the way if one was sent towards her. All the unecessary movement was too much for her. Especially after a 3 days walk just to get there. Ducking another fire ball attack and behind a row of chairs, Hikaru just nearly missed a large arrow to her head. There seemed to be some laughter going on too, from all the attacks or from her nearly getting hit in the head, she did not know.

'Jeez, must be some kind of big party for all this ruckus. What the heck is going on?'

Her question was answered by the voice of an old man who had just appeared in the center of the stadium along with a few other people. Hikaru furrowed her eyebrows and frowned as they seemed to be laughing too.

"HAHAHAHA that trick works with every new group of students!"

Hikaru's frowned deepened at the mention of hundreds of attacks sent through out the stadium being taken as a joke. It was so annoying. She was sure that half of them were tired and that doing that could've hurt someone. She sat down in an empty seat and laid back in the chair in a very unlady like manner. But it's not like she cared. Hikaru was pretty much half listening to everything the man was saying. The only part she heard was "dormitries" , "class" , and "tomorrow". She assumed that he wanted them to go to their dormitries and that class would be tomorrow, thank god. She was way too tired to actually have class that day. After the short speech evryone started to leave and Hikaru took that signal to leave as well.

Walking through the hallways, she had to admit, there were some pretty interesting students here. Some wizards, witches, a lot of knights she noted, there were ninjas and it was all too much. What had especially caught her eye,though, was a guy walking around with a giant bow. It was 'ginormous' as Hikaru called it and walked past without saying anything but knew she was staring. Arriving at her room, Hikaru flung open the door and then slammed it shut when she got in the room. Not even bothering to take of her clothes or anything she flopped on her bed and then turned on her back. She stared at the ceiling before smiling and turning on her side.

'This is gonna be great.'

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    OOC: I've added a faculty section to the first page. The teachers most of you will have are written in there. For those chars who are taking.... stranger courses. I left you the liberty of creating your own teacher if you wish to involve them in the RP. If not, you just don't have to mention them.

Fen left the Colosseum, the last student after every one had departed. He stood over the arena for a moment, looking at the now vacant area where the strongest fighters he had ever seen since his parents, once stood. The image of the barrier played through his mind. It was so powerful. His mother had taught him about barriers... there were very specific barriers that could block each type of attack better than the others. But this one single spell, blocked over 200 attacks at once. unreal. Fen finally shrugged it off and took his leave of the colosseum.

upon exiting into the sidewalks once again, he could help but notice the multiple stares he was once again getting. This time, it was undeniable that his bow was catching the attention. It was newly polished and nearly reflected the sun. He noticed a few students turning and pointing secretly at him as he walked through the crowd of people.

"Ugh... they're staring at my bow again....*sigh* I don't think this is ever going to stop... especially after the scene I made at the opening ceremonies..." Fen said quietly to himself. "Looks like they all heard you sing, Angel's Song. Now we need to impress them with our real skill." He said to his bow, once again seeming to expect the weapon to talk back to him. One girl in particular seemed quite interested in the bow. A thin girl about his own height... brown hair in a ponytail, and a hoodie. Quite the strange girl...she appeared to be quite nimble, but Fen couldn't see her weapon.

"Hm... just another girl staring at my bow... *Sigh* whatever... I swear this inanimate object could get a girlfriend quicker than i could... " Fen said to himself, frustrated.

Fen walked slowly to the fork in the sidewalk that split into separate directions leading to the boy's dorm and the girl's dorm. Instead of branching off towards the dormitories, he walked straight off the path into the grass. The day was still rather young, although he could see the sun beginning to set. He laid his bow and arrow quiver in the grass next to a tree and sat down, leaning against it. He flipped his phone open, checking the time, then returned it to his pocket. The steady flow of students walked towards him and separated into opposite directions. People watching was ideal for Fen, lots of time to think and reflect on his day. He continued to watch the students walking happily and talking of the events that transpired during the opening ceremonies. Fen finally settled into a comfortable position against the tree and continued watching the students flock by. The steady flow of students combined with the low murmur of conversation seemed almost soothing. Fen watched them pass as he steadily grew more lost in thought. A calm swept his body this quickly pushed the embarrassing thoughts of firing the first shot during the ceremony out of his mind. He looked down to his bow and smiled, then looked to the cloudy sky dreamily.

"So classes start tomorrow...this should be a blast... I wonder if i have a dorm roomate..."

Last edited:

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
    Years
  • OoC: Terribly sorry about the short posts. I've got (almost*) everything that was taking up time out of the way done. *I still have to work on DMing a game of D&D, but that shouldn't detract from my creative focus a bit. :D (Also, if the bottom part of the post won't work, please tell me and it shall be changed. Eth. )

Aura was a bit shocked by both the loud announcement and Ruroen's accurate guess. Before she could tell Ruroen that he was correct, he walked off towards the colosseum.

"Yes, yes, I know, Sol. I'll find him later and tell him then. But now we need to go to the colosseum," Aura softly said in response to more of Sol's chattering, scratching his snout as she spoke.

Finding the 1st year's section, she noticed all kinds of unique people, but two that certainly stood out were a green-haired sniper with an enourmous bow, and a hulking beast of a person with an equally intimidating sword. Noticing the pigmentation (or lack thereof) is his skin and hair, she came to the conclusion that he was afflicted by the same condition as she was. Aura, always the one to more outgoing, was trying to find a seat next to the other albino when all manner of chaos erupted from the center of the stadium, startling Aura to the point she nearly fell over. Too dazed to find a seat near the albino, she stayed where she was, and noticed many of the other students ready themselves for battle. Looking around, she saw the upperclassmen stay calm; some even seemed to be laughing. Aura just sat still as well, but when she saw massive beasts rise from the commotion in the center, she was ready to let Rune take over to summon up something fierce. Yet another shock for Aura came when the green-haired person fired his bow, resulting in a loud boom. As other student launched their attacks, the monsters vanished, and the all of the freshmen's attacks (and some from oddball upperclassmen) were negated with a single barrier spell.

At this point, Rune took over, and was awed by the sheer power of the mage who cast the spell. Not being able to see well from so far up, all she could tell was that the mage was female. "Haha! If she can be that powerful, so can I! And after I learn from her, I'll be even better! Ha!" Rune mused under her breath, her thin brows furrowed, her mouth in a grin, and fists clenched and held up near her face. She then resumed sitting normally, her elbows on her legs and her head held up by her hands.

"HAHAHAHA that trick works with every new group of students!" she heard a loud voice shout. The owner of the voice intoduced himself as the Dean, and blah blah blah. Rune was never one to listen to the dronings of old men (or anyone for that matter), however well they may be dressed. Picking out bits and pieces of his speech, she figured out the teachers were powerful and shouldn't be messed with, and that classes started tomorrow. Then he said something about dorms and blah blah blah.

"Mmmm, sleep. But I don't want to have to walk over to the dorms..." Rune whined as she got up and stretched. Luna and Sol climbed back into Rune's pack, waiting for Aura's personallity to surface again. Fortunately, as soon as they climbed into the pack, Aura took control of the body, knowing that Alarune wasn't going anywhere Rune's laziness.

After a while of looking around, Aura found the dorm she'd been assigned. She checked her pack for her key, found it, and after fidling around with the lock, she got the door to open. The first thing Aura noticed was that there was another person in the room lying on their side, who appeared to already be asleep. Terribly embarassed, she quickly checked the room number, key, and just about everything to make sure she was in the right room. Assured that she was in the right room, Aura quitely shut the door, put down her pack, put on her PJs, and climbed into her bed, where Sol and Luna curled up next to Aura, who fell asleep very quickly.

Brad

The Paper Fastener
    Years
  • The sun rose upon the sleeping earth... and the light woke Brad up. He yawned slightly, and got up and made himself a peppermint/eggnog mocha- one of his favorites. He slowly drank it, and read the news on the Internet on his iPhone. Nothing of importance that he saw.
    "Oh well. Guess its just a normal day." Brad thought to himself. He then took off his clothes, and got into the shower. As he turned on the water, he wondered about how his classes would be. However, within a minute, the water was at a hot temperature, and Brad got in. About 10 minutes later, he got out of the shower, got dressed, and realized: it was 3 hours beofre his first class began. He decided to go out and train- it was allowed after all. He went to the forest, and began by training his muscles.

He picked up a huge rock, lay on his back, and proceeded to lift it up continuously. He made extra careful not to drop it- he had nothing protecting his torso, and a boulder of that size, approximately 300 lbs, might crack all of the bones in his upper body. He continued, for about 20 minutes, to lift the boulder, up and down, with one hand- his right. He then switched to his left, and 20 minutes after that, he switched to his legs. After an hour, he cooled off, and began sword training. He unsheathed Apocalypse, and proceeded to wield it with his left hand. he jumped, hacked, and slashed, proceeding to practice all techniques with his sword. Although he already knew the art of the sword to an advanced degree, the Paladin arts required much greater skill, precision, and deadliness. Therefore, he continued to train, and smiled as his brawny form swung the sword, decapitating many a tree. His white hair was soaked in sweat, but it still blew slightly in the occasional wind. By the end of the second hour, many trees had been cut into or decapitated, and he was panting with fatigue. yet he smiled- he was training, and he knew, no matter how long it took him, he would get better. He then started on dark magic, and after an half an hour of using dark magic, he went to his room, cooled off, ate a few donuts for breakfast- he burned way more than he consumed- and went to his classes.

From his dorm, Room 222 was just one building over. It you look at the center of the campus from Brad's dorm, a bit away from the center, the building with rooms 222-240 were right in front of Brad's dorm, and on the east center side. He went into the building, and the first room of the Victorian building was none other than Room 222, or Advanced Paladin Arts- Basic Paladin Arts 3rd period. He had his read jacket on, revealing his abdomen. His sword was at his side, and he had a prepared look in his blood red eyes. His white hair stood stationary. He was first in, and he sat down in the front of the class. It was in the shape of a semicircle, with the fighting arena/stage with a blackboard at the center, and a curving bunch of at least 20 rows surrounding it. Brad observed that on the board, in white chalk, and in neat print handwriting, was his teachers name: Ms. Evangeline McDowell. She, according to the handbook every student got, was the teacher for just the Basic and Advanced Paladin Arts. She then proceeded to walk into the room. She was in her 20's, about 27, Brad assumed. She was about 7', and had flowing golden hair down to her medium sized breasts. She had graceful arms, like a dancer, and a slim, hourglass build. She, at her hips, carried a sheath. On it, the word "Zephyr" was written, and the sheath had a pattern of blue tornados in ornate geometry- she was obviously a Wind Paladin. Although Paladin swords conduct any and all magic, they had a preferred magic that they conducted better than the rest. She wore a black dress, with silver stripes, that covered her torso, her arms up to her elbows, and her legs halfway to the knee, so a quarter length. She sat in her chair, big and made of white leather, behind her ornate, cherry red wooden desk. As the 7 minutes allotted to get to class went by, more people filed in- but not a lot. Brad saw 2 Earth Paladins, 2 Lightning Paladins, 2 Fire Paladins, 2 Ice Paladins, and two water Paladins. Among the class, he was the only Dark Paladin, and there were no Wind Paladins. After the bell rang 3 times, she began to speak in a lyrical, calm voice that comforted the tense students. She spoke Australian English.
    "Hello, dear class. I am Ms. Evangeline McDowell. You are to refer to me as "ma'am" or "Ms. McDowell". I am here to teach you the rare arts of our Paladin class. Our class is small- our paths are hard. I shall teach you the ways of your blades, and how to use magic force in your sword techniques. You all have some form of magic class, so spells will not be used here. This class is no cakewalk- you will be worked to the bone. Our powers are incredible, but our path is the hardest- we master magic and swordfighting. If you want to be a Paladin, you must not crack under the pressure! Train outside of class if you can- for all of your classes. I know that only one of you is a first year, so most of you should have already taken Basic Paladin Arts. Today, class, I shall examine your swords, and we shall share our chosen magic type. Then, each one of you shall exhibit your preexisting sword techniques- most of you should have only one or two. Welcome to Advanced Paladin Arts, class."
    Ms. McDowell started with the second years by alphabetical order. Of the 5 elements represented by his peers, there was one boy and one girl for Earth, Fire, Ice, Lightning and Water. She examined their swords- she did not say anything. Then, she got to Brad.
    "Brad, tell the class what type you are." said Ms. McDowell calmly.
    "I am a 1st Year Dark Paladin, ma'am." said Brad in a monotone, obedient voice.
    "Wow... a Dark Paladin? And at 1st year! Thats rare in my Advanced Class- last year I had two second year Dark Paladins. Let me see your weapon- is it a sword, or a spear???" asked Ms. McDowell in a curious tone. She really seemed interested. Brad unsheathed his black sword, and gave it to Ms. McDowell.
    "This is Apocalypse, my blade. It comes from before AD, and has been in my family for many, many, many generations. It is a dark blade. I don't know what the main metal is, but the flames are made of gold and diamonds." said Brad in a calm tone. Ms. McDowell, after examining Apocalypse and giving it back., remained silent, and went to the front of the class.
    "Time to show off your techniques, class. Come on down!!!" said Ms. McDowell in a charismatic voice. Brad barely paid any attention, and none of the etechniques caught his eye. He went down, and showed off Judgement on the steel dummy. The black metal of his blade glowed a blinding white, and after he slashed at the steel dummy in furious speed, it fell into pieces, and the pieces rusted and decayed. Then, the bell rang. After Brad walked out the door, Ms. McDowell wrote: "By jove, this first year is incredible! He will do well for our Paladin class. I am honored to help bring our class of fighters to higher levels through this exemplary young man.

After Brad left, he had Advanced Dark Magic. His teacher there was a cloaked man, who wielded a scythe. Due to his cloak, not much was revealed of him, but he appeared to be a hard-driving, merciless teacher. The class was even smaller thatn Paladin Arts- only 6 other people in his class, and none of them were paladins. His teacher was to be called Mr. Malentus. He learned better control of dark magic in his class, and Brad went to Tactics. there, he studoied the whole period. the class was led by the amiable and kind Ms. Kyugashi. She was a small woman, but was kind. Her clas had 16 students including Brad- it was obvious that he was far apart from most of the campus. Brad then went back to his dorm, ate the cafeteria pizza, which was actually quite good, and went back to study all of his subjects- he was in for quite a school year.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Ed was embarassed, but managed to retain his calm... to think that he had been fooled into actually wasting explosives on a practical joke, and one that in retrospect had been glaringly obvious! A twenty-foot-tall monster was not going to just barge onto campus without a few teachers taking care of it. Frustrated, the ninja glanced about quickly to ensure that nobody could see him and proceeded to hammer his fist into the wall, where the three golden claws that crowned his left arm left a deep imprint. He had to admit that the golden claw was probably the best use of the alchemic gold his grandfather had left him, seeing as it was useless for the formation of firearms. At least with the claw he could deal a hit with more power than expected from a ninja by a human opponent, and surprise was always an advantage in combat. It was then that Ed's thoughts were drawn to the barrier set up by the woman who had negated the attacks. No one person could have set up a barrier of that magnitude so quickly, it would require a power that transcended human boundaries to summon that much energy instantly.

Ed's mind was whizzing furiously as he attempted to unravel that attack's mystery while he walked towards his dorm room. Not only was the barrier more powerful than any Ed had ever even heard of a human being using in an instant, but the barrier negated elemental attacks of all varieties. That meant that it couldn't possibly be of one element, it somehow had to incorporate elements of all varieties at once, as well as setting up a physical barrier of some sort to reflect physical attacks. Or did it? Ed didn't know how dark magic was performed, but from the name it was definitely non-elemental in the traditional sense. If a magic were able to call on the abilities of something that was not formed from one of the other elements in the form of fire, water, wind, earth, ice, or lightning, it must then be calling upon the abilities of something that didn't have physical form. Everything was, Ed had learned, connected in some way to one of the six major elements. The human body was represented by all six, which explained the human ability to summon other elements through life force manipulation. If Dark Magic flowed through a human and did not call on the other elements in order to operate, then it must be calling on another element present in the human. Since all of a human being's physical characteristics were linked to elemental control in one way or another, dark magic could not draw on them for power. Therefore, its power had to be drawn from the one aspect of the human body left untouched by other elements: the empty space within atoms. If it could be assumed that Dark Magic channeled the power of empty space to manipulate matter and energy, then one with enough power could conceivably manipulate his or her life energy to create a barrier with it that forced attacks based on other elements to fold in upon themselves and even negated phsyical abilities. Satisfied with his explanation, Ed permitted himself a momentary self-congrulatory smirk beneath the fabric of his face mask.

Speaking of manipulation... Ed raised a finger into the air and pulled a current of wind around himself before projecting an image onto it. The wind rippled, before creating an illusionary image resembling a much taller red-headed man around Ed's body, shielding him from sight and, more importantly, concealing the weapon on his left arm. It wouldn't do to have the teachers make a connection between him and the newly-created dents in the marble wall of the stadium, after all. Picking up his pace, Ed raced towards his dormitory, only to stop short as an agressive hand was clapped on his shoulder. "Just where do you think you're going, young man?" a silver-bearded teacher clad in a loose-fitting robe asked, not unkindly.

Ed replied quickly, allowing his native Irish brogue to represent itself in his voice, which he quickly lowered in tone by switching the flow of the currents across his vocal cords, "Just lookin' for my dorm, sir." He showed the ID card with the dorm's name upon it to the teacher, careful to cover up his name and other information using the fingers of his hand.

The teacher studied it carefully before breaking into a hearty laugh and clapping his hands together. A large gust of wind swept by Ed and before the ninja had fully realized it, his disguise had been shattered, the illusion had vanished as if it were never there in the first place. He only just managed to keep himself from gawking at this teacher, who had immediately analyzed and removed his technique in a matter of moments. "Who are you, and how did you manage to analyze my move so quickly?" he asked, careful to allow his voice not to register any emotion.

The kindly 'old man' smiled before clapping his hands again and allowing his own technique to disperse, revealing a tall, red-haired man whose attire was now markedly similar to Edward's with the addition of a large, sweeping straw hat and a curious-looking weapon on his right arm that Ed recognized as a wrist-mounted crossbow. "The name is Albert Edwards," he stated jovially, "But you can call me Mr. Ed. I will be your teacher for all classes pertaining to your chosen Class of warrior. Do you understand?"

Ed nodded. "Yes, teacher."

'Mr. Ed' peered at him suspiciously. "What is your name, boy?" he asked, his thick welsh accent showing itself conspicuously.

"My name is Ed..." the mechanic replied, before leaping backward and tossing a smoke bomb at his surprised teacher. The cloud of smog quickly enveloped the foe as Ed quickly pulled down his facemask and exhaled violently, creating a blast of wind that caused the smoke to clear away. "And you're a horrible liar," he finished.

The older student, who had been revealed at last to be a red-headed boy about Ed's size, blinked in surprise. "You knew I wasn't the teacher, eh?"

Ed shook his head. "No Welshman would teach ninjutsu. That style of fighting originates in the far east, not here in the Isles, so a master would be most likely to be an immigrant to the country. In addition, giving yourself a diminuitive nickname also gave the game away, since no teacher of ninjutsu would give their student familiarity with them so easily. Your side-arm could conceivably be used by a ninja, but a wrist-mounted bow is more of a sniper's weapon. Taken separately those things wouldn't have been a problem and they were only circumstantial evidence when placed together, I'll admit, but the big problem with your disguise was that you used the same technique as mine. Usually when a ninja using that move releases his disguise it creates a slight puff of air, but there was no puff when you 'turned off' your disguise." He bowed his head quickly as he finished reciting his deductive process as if he had been repeating a lesson in nursery school. It was his turn now for some interrogation, "Now, who are you?"

The boy laughed as he adjusted the sleeves of his pressed white shirt and pointed to a badge on his brown vest. "Jack-the-Ranger, visiting from America as a foreign exchange student in order to study the arts of the ninja. I'm sorry about earlier, my Ranger's Gaze allowed me to penetrate your illusion and I had just learned how to disguise myself from the teacher, so I couldn't resist a little bit of fun with you. You don't mind, do you?" he asked, his eyes sparking merrily.

Ed shook his head. "Don't try it again. Is this my dorm? If so, I'm going to sleep." After launching that parting remark, he quickly leapt into the air and dashed towards class.

The ranger scratched his head thoughtfully. "Huh, and I'd always heard that Irish folks were friendly," he said.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen's eyes squinted open slowly. The sun light was peering over the trees and struggling to shine through the early morning mist that had settled over the campus. The visibility around the school was almost nothing as Fen looked around. It didn't seem that anyone else was awake at this hour. He leaned forward and finally realized that he had fallen asleep outside after the opening ceremonies.

"I guess the trip to campus left more of an impact on my body than i thought..." Fen said while he slid open his cell phone to check the time. "Hm... 6:30... i guess i have time to check out campus again before my first class. Speaking of which... what time is my first class..."

Fen pulled his schedule from his pocket and scanned the list. He nodded slowly as he read then folded the list, returning it to his pocket.

"Ah... so Advanced Marksmanship 121 at 7am... i see..." He spaced out for a while before realizing what he just said. "7AM?! I CAN'T WAKE UP THIS EARLY EVERY OTHER DAY! THIS WAS A ONE TIME THING!" he exclaimed at the schedule while secretly cursing at himself for choosing to be a Sniper which inevitably resulted in his current early awakening schedule. He leaned over, picking up Angel's Song off the ground and spun it in a wide circle, flinging the dew off of it's frame and returning it to its position on his back.

"So i guess the class is in this direction..." He said quietly, then hurried across campus.

------

The marksmanship classes are located on the North end of campus. Though, not surprising to Fen, the class was outside. Fen found the group of students sitting in the grass on the outskirts, talking to themselves quietly, each with a large bow of their own. Fen was finally with his own kind...or so he thought.

"Oh there he is, thats our last student, please have a seat and I suppose we can get started then." A female voice said from the middle of the group. Fen grabbed his seat and sat a little ways away from the group. A beautiful woman stood up, and walked out a ways from the group and began speaking to them. "Let me officially welcome you all to Advanced Marksmanship 121. I am Professor Heidi Star, and you all know why you are here. All of you have proven your aiming capabilities in last year's Battle Exams or under special conditions ---" She was cut off by Fen's hand shooting into the air.

"Um... Professor Star...what are the Battle Exams?" Fen said curiously but was once again greeted with being laughed at by other classmates.

"Hey isn't that the freshy that fired the first shot in the ceremonies yesterday?" He heard a voice say through the laughter.

"Now now, everyone settle down... The battle exams are the one on one fights at the end of semester we use to judge the growth you've accomplished during the school year and help us decide your classes for next year. But you wouldn't know that would you? Class, Let me introduce you all to Fenra Kurai. He's the only freshman to make it into Advanced Marksmanship 121 in over 20 years. I wouldn't make fun of him... Fenra dear, why don't you tell us your Sniping distance right now?" Professor Star asked cheerfully.

"um...312 meters with a 2mm error ratio..." He replied quietly. Professor Star wasn't helping him make any friends with this area of discussion.

The laughter stopped.

"312 METERS?! NO WAY! i'm a junior and my distance is only 245!" another student piped up. "Proove it freshy!"

"The data collected on his skills matches the information he just gave us almost word for word. Why don't we have a demonstration of how to Snipe, Fenra?" Professor Star asked happily.

Fen sighed quietly to himself. He REALLY wasn't going to have friends after he did this. But he must respect the teacher's wishes...

"Yes ma'am..." He said as he stood up and unbuckled Angel's Song from his back and swung it around in front of him. A small breeze blew over the group as he swung the beautiful weapon.

"Now dear, go out about 300 meters...This here is my breakfast." She held a small a orange in front of her. "I'm going to hold my palm out, and i want you to hit this orange." She said cheerfully.

"Yes ma'am..." He said unhappily as he turned and sprinted out the proper distance. He turned and looked towards the group who were now barely distinguishable to a normal eye. He could see the professor waving to him, signaling that she was ready and she held out the fruit to her side. "Welp... there it is... I suppose at this distance a short arrow is out of the question...An armor piercer will definitely have the distance but my be a bit too much...considering the size of the target, I don't want a heavy arrow, so all that leaves me is the 1/2inch width and the 3/4inch width... the 3/4in. would ignore outside wind velocity better...ya thats what i'll use." He reached to his side and pulled out the proper arrow, a long silver arrow with stream lined feathers on its sides and a sharp diamond pointed tip. Fen set up and held his bow straight an dloaded the arrow. He pulled the string taut once more, hearing the creak of the powerful bow as it bent into firing shape. He narrowed his eyes and looked straight into the distance.

"The wind is blowing to the North... i better fix that...'jetstream...'" Fen closed his eyes and the breeze outside could be felt change slightly "Sing, Angel's Song" He said calmly, and finally let the go of the arrow.

*BOOM*

The bow let off its monstrous sound causing some of the classmates to jump from being startled. The arrow flew straight and hit its mark. Fen could see Professor Star calling him back. Upon arrival to the class, he was greeted with dropped jaws and applause. The orange was a ways away, still attached to the arrow which was stuck in a far off tree.

"Well class, any more jokes for our little freshman?" Professor Star said, smiling happily. "Well, thats all the time we really have for this morning. The day after tomorrow we will begin our drills and I will show you the Sniper's secret technique which is essential to aiming and finding correct targets, the Falcon's Eye, which will increase all of your Sniping ranges by a minimum of 50meters. So i'll see you all then!"

Fen began walking away and was called aside again by Professor Star. "Fenra, you shouldn't be embarrassed by your skills, I didn't tell the other students cause i know what you're going through." She said looking off at the arrow still in the tree. "You're too modest. You were the talk of the faculty for a while. With the Falcon's Eye you may even out do MY range, though your set up time is a bit lengthy. But thats what class is for! See you next class!" She said lightly then she quietly whispered "Mr. 387 meters..." and walked off to go pull her orange off the tree.

Fen's eyes widened at the sound of his actual sniping distance. He didn't really know why he was surprised about his archery teacher knowing his real distance but he was still shocked. That being said he had his next class to go to. The rest of the class was downhill in terms of Fen's skill in the area... finally ending with Basic Combat 095.... but first Elemental Control 101.

"Elemental Control 101... this is going to be awful. At least i know i'll be with other Freshman this time..." He thought to himself as he re-strapped Angel's Song to his back and walked towards campus.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back