• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Laptop or Computer?

Laptop or Computer?

• Laptop

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Computer

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
    I prefer desktops as the screens are bigger, you dont have to charge them and the laptop i had was rubbish XD and then my sis spilt milk over it so it didnt work. And also you can add stuff in a desktop you cant with a laptop (i like adding more things ^_^)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I like laptops better then desktops. With a laptop you can move around with it, nothing to tie you down to one place, you can watch DVDs going down the road and so on. Stuff like that you can't do with a desktop.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Lets clarify some ideas and thoughts from people. Well... for one, you don't have to charge a laptop, like a desktop, theoretically you can leave your laptop plugged in 24/7 just like a desktop just that you have the option of mobility if needed. Another thing is this hardware thingy... Laptops are not slower than desktops.... just that laptop hardware costs alot more than what desktop hardware can be bought for because of weight and size, unlike the desktop, you have very limited space, do you want a 20lb laptop sitting on your lap..., thats why a laptop equivalent to your home pc is alot more in cost... I also see someone noted that the screens are less in quality than your average CRT, thats true in some cases. Theres XGA, SXGA, and UXGA or something to that affect. Yes, your cheaper laptops do seem to have less quality screens, but trust me, I have a 17" UXGA screen and it will kill any 17" CRT...

how cool is it to watch Advanced Generation or Pokemon on your laptop in your car? ...i even use my pda at times with wifi, lol, this msg was posted by pda..., took roughly 40 mins to type in... now thats super mobility... :P

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Im with Andy Notebooks are so much better than Desktops!!! I would rather sit on the couch with a Notebook rather than sit at in a chair at a desk.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    Depends on the laptop, because a lot of laptops easily get messed up. I vote for computers.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    =P You wouldn't really want to keep a laptop plugged in 24/7 like a desktop might, though. The fans for laptops are a lot smaller so you'd have to be more careful about it overheating and whatnot. We're talking in general, though, so... I guess it's also just easier to upgrade and add on to a desktop than it is for a laptop since, like you said, you have to watch the size and weight of it whereas that's not really an issue for desktops. =o

x_X Laptops don't get that easily messed up, I'd assume. Sure, they're more prone to breaking because of their smaller, lighter parts and the inevitable added danger of falling and stuff since they're not always secured but... the software and stuff on the laptop should work fine. o_O;

*wonders why she's in here since she knows so little* ;-;'

Lady of the Shadows

The Lost One
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2007
    Well i like laptops over computers.
    It is true that they can break more easy and can over heat easyer but they are great for wireless and can take them any where.
    I find laptops better for me boeuce just over all it is better for my life style.
    Every one find one or the other better for them just becouse how they live.
    As for the over heating and breaking just get a three or more year warrenty and realy getting it fixed is no biggy.
    Each laptops and destops have there down points it is just to witch one had the less annoying down points for you.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    omg this has been done before ... well cuz ive posted in it before ... computers .... doin the same thing again ....

Back