• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] Large Strength Boulders

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    I'm trying to make some larger Strength boulders that can be walked over, like the Machamp Shove ones in Sun and Moon.
    Can anyone help me? I dunno where to start.
    Large Strength Boulders
    The events at the bottom are because I was thinking when the boulder moved over them, it would move down one tile.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    I can't script. And I don't want this to be tied to a ride.
    Is it not possible to do this through events? It doesn't seem that complicated, I just dunno much about events other than the most baseline stuff.

Years
    • Online now
    you're actually making it way more complicated, than it needs to be, just have a larger sprite (being 4 tiles in side over 1) for the boulder, and make a second alteration of the strength tm code, i know you dont script but you will have to atleast copy and edit one. basically want to make the move route not be one tile when pushed but two, and then would have to have another invisible event (or more) to block the player walking around, that are removed when the strength rock is pushed in. i've not looked into strength myself, but it will be hard to do this without atleasting looking at the base strenght script, or how base strength rocks work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    What does "being 4 tiles in side over 1" mean?
    And it doesn't have to be tied to TM Strength, that was just an example of how the mechanic would work in practice. Also if I were to script it, I'd need to make custom scripts for the boulder falling down into the hole, I wouldn't just have to edit the distance.

Years
    • Online now
    well youre not being specific on HOW you want it to trigger, is it like strength? can the player do it at any point? is it done during an cutscene automatically?

if you dont want it tied to strength then literally use a move route simple.

Back