• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Latias is Uber?

Years
    yay. I always hated that thing anyway.

Now they are trying to ban salamence. If you ban too many pokemon, then you may have to ban more because the counters for some pokemon were banned, and they get overpowered.

Salamence should not be banned, because it can be outran without too much trouble, and it's base 80 in defenses is decent, but it is not fantastic. Salamence is hard to predict, but if you can predict it, you can counter it.

`MorningSun

Blahblahblah...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    I don't really care as i'm not a competitive battler. But I reckon since Latias is gone and maybe Mence,
    Flygon and Dragonite will have a HUGE increase in OU. Don't even know what i'm even going on about
    myself since I never battled competitively.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    odd. when training up both latis i always though latios was the more powerful one... if my lvl 60 latios can take down a lvl 100 groudon, but my latias can't, them i seem to be a bad trainer lol
    Thats because Latios has base 130 Sp.Atk, Latias has base 110 Sp.Atk, but Latias could take Ice Beams better which made it a pain.

My thoughts?

Thank god I don't care what competitive battlers think. =3
    Changing the rules = Wasting every competitive battlers time

So we should allow Mewtwo in OU? Also if you don't care, why post?

You're all saying that a pokemon is uber cuz of the base stats and maybe its strength. So what if the pokemon is strong? Is in the tactics that counts. Like I defeated a Garchomp using a Gabite. Yeah both level 100 but I managed to defeat it (remaining hp: 150) XD
    It has nothing to do with Base Stats. Regigigigigigigigas has like a Base Stat Total of 670, but its not Uber. Wynaut has a BST of like, 300 or something and it is Uber. Its a lot more than base stats. Abilities, movesets, and other stuff are huge factors.

Salamence should not be banned, because it can be outran without too much trouble, and it's base 80 in defenses is decent, but it is not fantastic. Salamence is hard to predict, but if you can predict it, you can counter it.
    Its actually ridiculously fast after 1 DD and you have to use stuff with Ice Shard or Bullet Punch or Hidden Power [Ice] Scarf Gengar (lol) to kill it. There are other things as well. It doesn't really have a 100% counter, except like Cresselia, but Cress sucks. Also, its more Physically bulky than Dragonite thanks to Intimidate.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    My main problem with Latias that the horrible choice scarf users. AND that she walled so much special attackers and just CMed as they were setup fodder. She was also a high speed tier of 110. That's all, otherwise I wouldn't mind seeing more Latias.

Back