• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Latias or Latios?

Latias or Latios?

• Total voters

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
Years
  • Which do you prefer, or think is better?

I like Latios better, for the pure fact that he was the first legendary I caught without a Master Ball.
    But I'm sure there are better reasons to like either of them.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Latias, mainly because the first time I saw it I was like: OHMYFREAKINGGOD!ITLOOKSSOFLIPPINGCOOL! But the funny thing is, is that I still haven't caught it to this day xD

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Personally I like Latios over Latias for the colours and the design, but otherwise I like them both equally. They're probably one of my favourite legendaries anyway.

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Latias, simply because you can catch her in Sapphire :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like them equally because they both scare the crap out of me when I'm in the grass and their weird silhouette appears. It's exciting. lol Hunting them down in RSE is a pain though, ngl.

Zeroblivion

Brotherhood
    Years
  • Latios, because I love him. His attacks are perfect and the design of his body. I use him as a long time legendary friend until HG/SS.
    Eventually, I love them both.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • Because I played Sapphire much more heavily than Ruby, I'm going to give my very heavily biased opinion and say that I prefer Latias. Also, Latias is so much cuter than Latios. :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I always preferred Latias because of her cute appearance and coloring, though I'll admit to not really using either one all that much. I'm also a Sapphire over Ruby person, so Latias naturally falls into that category.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • I like Latias, because she's the one i'm familiar with the most, but i always pick Latios as a roamer in Emerald, plus i only played Ruby, so my vote goes to him. Besides, gameplayer56 will be more of a Latias fan than any of us, haha.

EDIT: Both Latis have the same votes now!

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I voted Latios. It's coloring looks cooler, and I prefer blue over red. Latios was more useful to me in battle too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    Most definitely Latios, he's the model older brother. Kind. :)

Back