• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Original] Lavender Academy

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
(Comments are greatly appreciated. By the way, there may be some mature themes, like violence.)

Muca Peony was just a simple girl. She lived a simple life with her single mother, had simple friends, simple meals, a simple home… Her life was just simple, and she was happy about it.

Until that one morning.

Muca yawned as she woke up, ready for school.

She had long, lavender colored hair with red tips, leaning to the left of her head, which could reach all the way to her chest, quite unusual for someone with a simple life. As for her complexion, it was quite pale, as if she never really went outside. She also had cheeks that stood out from the rest of her body, as they were pinkish. As for her in general, she was a fifteen-year-old girl of slightly below average height.

Muca did what anyone would do before school: eat breakfast, take a shower, put on a sailor uniform for school, and ready her backpack. She then exclaimed, "I'm ready!"

She ran downstairs, calling her mother, Cynthia Peony. Cynthia was a tall, buxom woman with a maroon girdle and glasses, and loved her daughter unconditionally.

"Let's go to school, mom," Muca said, energetic.

"I never realized you would be so enthusiastic," Cynthia replied. She started up the car and drove to school.

The school in question was Lavender Academy, a prestigious high school whose walls were adorned with cobble, and had metal fences that looked so fancy, one could already guess Lavender would be a good school. It was also surrounded by fascinating greenery planted in pots. "I'm going to love Lavender Academy," Muca whispered to herself.

"Why not you give your mother a kiss?" Cynthia suggested. Muca was embarrassed at first, but soon gave in reluctantly and smooched her on the cheek. She then walked to school.

As soon as she made it to the beautifully adorned hall, a man with a goatee and glasses eyed her. "You must be Muca Peony," the man guessed, in a strange, nasal voice. "I-I am," Muca said, stuttering.

"Enrolling late in the school year, huh?" he asked. Muca nodded. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Maxwell E, but call me Mr. E," he said. Muca shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, Mr. E."

"Your classroom is up there, on the fourth floor," Mr. E informed Muca. They walked up, with Muca being slightly tired, but not tired enough to stop her enthusiasm.

She entered, and inside were students who patiently waited for Mr. E. They wore plain school uniforms, and observed proper decorum.

"Class, this is your new classmate," Mr. E informed them. "Go introduce yourself."

Muca shyly walked in front of the class. "Hi, everyone," Muca spoke. "I'm Muca Peony, and I used to study at Horton High." She was sweating, though no one really noticed her nervousness.

"Apparently, she was transferred here due to being 'unable' to cope with her previous school's condition," Mr. E added. "Right?"

"Th-that's right," Muca answered, trembling. She breathed out. "You'll be sitting at the very back, at my left, next to Casey Holmes," Mr. E told her. The armchair she was to sit in was clean and presentable. She sat down.

Then, Casey reached her ear, whispering, "Hi. I'm Casey Holmes."

"You obviously don't have many friends," Muca guessed, judging by Casey's nerdy appearance and awkwardness in speaking. Casey sighed.

The bell rang after a period of time, and the students headed to the cafeteria. Muca thought it looked presentable and clean.

Muca looked inside a paper bag she brought there. A sandwich. "Typical mom," she remarked, eating the sandwich. Then, Casey sat next her. Muca groaned at the sight of him.

"Hey, Muca! Wanna be my new best friend?" Casey asked hesitantly. Muca simply rolled her eyes and replied, "Sure." Casey then placed his left arm on Muca's shoulders. Muca blushed, taking his arm off. "Don't do that!" Muca yelled.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not good at making friends," Casey apologized, looking down and pouting. Muca then, awkardly, held his left hand. They both blushed.

"I forgive you. But we're just friends. Got it?" Muca threateningly told him. "Got it," Casey affirmed.

Another student, from Muca's class, sat by her. This particular student had a fair complexion, red, long, curly hair, and an overall "Aphrodite" appearance. Fortunately she wasn't the kind of person to boast about her looks; rather, she was a very considerate, friendly, and humble person.

"Welcome to Lavender, Muca," she told Muca. "I'm Haruka Rokon."

Muca shook her hand. "Nice to meet ya," she replied. "Horton High? That sucks," Haruka said. Muca nodded. "It wasn't the best school I've ever attended." They both giggled. Casey felt left out, so he interrupted the both of them. "The worst school I've ever attended was…" he was about to say, but ended up reflecting. What exactly was the worst school he'd ever attended?

"Did you just try to jump in the conversation?" Muca asked. Casey sighed. "Sorry. I'm just very awkward around people."

"So…maybe we can talk some more," Haruka said. Muca continued biting her sandwich, trying not to notice Casey. He then tried to think of a new subect. "Um… What's your favorite subject?"

Muca chuckled. "Really awkward."

Cynthia drove Muca back home. "So…how was school?" Cynthia asked her daughter.

"Awesome. But there was this one weirdo who tried to be my friend. It was cool," Muca replied, satisfied. "You really love Lavender Academy, don't you?" Cynthia thought. Muca smirked.

After a few hours, Muca sat on her bed. "I love Lavender Academy," she said under her breath.

Then, the Peonys readied for dinner. The two were sitting on opposite ends of a rather small table, eating delicious pot-au-feu. "So, tell me, what other great experiences did you have at school?" Cynthia asked, afterwards eating a carrot slice.

"A girl named Haruka Rokon is probably my best friend now," Muca replied.

"Haruka Rokon? Sounds interesting. I'm friends with her parents."

"Oh, really? That's great!"

Muca finished her meal. "Hopefully we can have sleepovers!" Muca thought.

Cynthia chuckled. She soon finished her meal, too.

It was time for bed. Muca soundly slept, her head full of happy thoughts.

She woke up, ready as always. Then, she and Cynthia drove off to school.

Muca looked at a strange sight outside the building. An array of chairs with various school staff and students sitting on them were present. What appeared to be a funeral was held. "Oh, darn… What happened?" Muca wondered. Cynthia parked the car, stunned by the sight. They both ran to the funeral-like gathering.

A tall woman who looked like Haruka was standing in front of the weeping crowd, giving a eulogy. "It is with great sorrow that I'm attending my daughter's funeral," she said, sobbing. "What?!" Muca exclaimed, tears coming out of her eyes. Everyone eyed her.

"…I wish I saw this coming, but I didn't," the woman continued, referring to Haruka's death. Muca was crying uncontrollably.

The next day, everyone continued their normal school lives, tediously and gloomily. Obviously Haruka's death had such an impact on the school, as she had many friends.

Muca was writing strange things in her school notebook, acting serious. "Whatcha got there?" Casey asked, looking at the paper.

"Haruka died yesterday. Her mother said she didn't see this coming. This has to be a murder!" Muca thought out loud, drawing Mr. E's attention.

"Mrs. Peony?" Mr. E said, in a loud and clear voice. Muca slowly stood up.

"Can you answer my question?" Mr. E asked, pointing to a complicated, incomplete, algebraic equation. Muca simply muttered, "I don't know the answer, Mr. E."

"Were you listening to my discussion?" Mr. E asked in an increasingly angry tone.

"No," Muca answered. Mr. E placed his hands on the desk. "Detention!"

Muca sat in a room with the school's principal, Principal Eevel. He looked presentable enough: he was probably in his fifties, sporting white hair and wrinkled skin. He wore a suit, as to look formal. He made an intimidating, though stoic expression on his face.

"Care to explain why you're here in detention?" Principal Eevel asked.

"I was distracted," Muca replied.

"By what?"

"I was curious as to how Haruka died." Muca sighed, with tears drooping down her rosy cheeks.

Principal Eevel changed his expression from a stoic one to a concerned one. "Listen, Muca Peony. I know you're sad your new friend passed away, but maybe it's for the best. Maybe it's God's plan," he explained, patting Muca on the back as he walked towards her. "Now get back to class."

Muca was about to say she wasn't allowed till minutes later, but she went with Principal Eevel. She was suspicious if him. Very suspicious.

Soon, it was time for a break. Students headed down to the cafeteria as usual. "I'm really suspicious of him," Muca said to Casey, referring to Principal Eevel.

Casey shrugged. "Maybe he has a point." Muca scoffed. "You're with the guy I think murdered Haruka?"

"Maybe it wasn't him. Just saying."

As soon as they got home, Cynthia was angry- not at Muca, but at the school. "Detention for just being distracted? Preposterous!"

"Mom! It's not a big deal," Muca reasoned out, but Cynthia insisted and spoke with the school principal, complaining about the issue.

"Alright. Thank you," Cynthia said after a few minutes, breathing in and hanging up.

The next day, Muca was strolling down the school corridor. Then, a janitor with dreadlocks went after her. "Little girl!" he shouted to get her attention.

"The one you love the most is involved in this somehow," the janitor eerily whispered into her ear.

Muca decided not to listen. "Heed my warning," he warned as Muca walked away. Muca was ordered to go outside by a guard, so she did.

Then, Mr. E made an announcement to the school through a speaker. "Attention, everyone. Principal Eevel will he gone for who knows how long, due to some…issues. Because of this, we have a new principal."

A red-haired, bespectacled man in his twenties stood in front of the students and staff. "Greetings, everyone. I am Rin Rogue, your new principal."

Muca squinted at him. Suspicious, Muca thought to herself.

Students then continued their classes. Muca was busy thinking about Principal Eevel, and why he left.

During gym class, Muca was mingling with another girl from her class. She had beautiful short hair with pigtails, and had a slightly muscular build. "Wanna hang out tomorrow?" she asked. "Sure! See you tomorrow, Blanche!" Muca waved as she continued her gym practice.

"Are you sure Blanche can help us?" Casey asked. "Trust me. Blanche is an expert at solving cases. She's solved a few crimes with her skills." Mr. E was listening to this conversation.

The following night, Blanche was going to sleep, happy she made friends with the freshman. "Goodnight, Blanche, ya gorgeous devil," she said to herself as she untied her hair tie and slept soundly.

Then, a few hours later, Mr. E was standing by, wearing a black suit that covered his entire body, except his eyes, like a ninja. He tried to stealthily enter Blanche's room through her window, but he made a noise loud enough to wake up Blanche. She opened her eyes, and Mr. E quickly made his escape. Blanche noticed him, though.

The next day, Blanche was chatting with Muca at lunch. "Mr. E was in a completely black suit and disappeared after a split second…"

Muca then stared at Mr. E having a conversation with Principal Rouge. "Excuse me, Mr. E, but can I talk to you in private?" Muca requested. Mr. E was a little unnerved, but decided to go with Muca, as she sounded intimidating.

They went to the girls' bathroom (much to Mr. E's dismay). "Why were you in Blanche's room last night?"

"What? That's preposterous."

Muca sternly looked at her teacher.

Mr. E was about to spill the beans.

"Fine.

I'm a hitman."

Muca was full of shock.

"What?! Who do you work for?! Why?!"

"I think I've said enough. That's for you to find out," Mr. E replied, fixing his glasses.

"Where is Principal Eevel? Did you kill Haruka?" Muca demanded as her last question.

"I killed them," Mr. E replied after almost a minute of complete silence. Muca was full of disdain. "You killed the principal and my friend?!"

"Let me explain. I needed to do that for the good of someone else," Mr. E explained, hoping Muca had no more questions. Muca was both livid and devastated.

Then, she, Blanche, and Casey were sitting beside each other. "We need a plan," Blanche proposed. "That crazy janitor said my mother is involved in this somehow. She's going to be killed next!" Muca worried.

"Don't worry. Even at midnight, we'll keep a sharp eye on Mr. E," Casey said, patting Muca on the back. This time, Muca was perfectly fine with it.

So the plan began.

Muca, Casey, and Blanche went to the Peonys' household.

"Oh, my, are these your friends?" Cynthia asked her daughter. Casey was captivated by her at first sight, but tried to ignore it. "Yup. We're going to be having a little…bond...together," Muca explained. "I also want you to bond with them," she continued.

"Alright, then," Cynthia replied. Casey sat down on a chair, keeping an eye out for anything out to get her. Blanche and Muca, on the other hand, went to Muca's bedroom.

"Nice room," Blanche remarked. "Let's just try to focus on the matter at hand," Muca replied. Blanche nodded.

It was midnight. Casey pretended to sleep in Muca's room, but Muca and Blanche were already in a deep already in a deep slumber. As Casey heard sounds from downstairs, he followed them hastily.

Casey and snuck downstairs, hearing Cynthia's voice barely. He listened to her conversation through a wall.

"I know Blanche is…difficult," Cynthia spoke as she was on the phone, right outside their house. "Is she…talking about Blanche?" Casey asked, rubbing her eyes. "Am I hallucinating?"

Hey kept a keen ear on her. "I heard Blanche's doors are easy to unlock and are quite silent when you walk through them," Cynthia said. "Alright, Maxwell. Bye."

Casey ran upstairs. "Wait… Maxwell? Maxwell E? Mr. E? He…" Casey tried to clarify, but he ended up confusing himself even more. "He was in my room last night. We gotta break this to Muca," Blanche replied.

As he quietly snuck upstairs, he awoke Muca and Blanche. "What?" Muca asked, yawning. "I know who Mr. E works for," Casey answered. Muca and Blanche were wide awake.

"Well, who does he work for? I just hope my mother's safe…" Muca asked.

"Your mom," Casey replied.

"Casey, this is no time for jokes," Blanche said, a little agitated.

"No, seriously. Your mom was talking to someone about sneaking into Blanche's room."

That made Blanche's skin crawl.

"The person in question was named Maxwell."

"This can only mean one thing," Blanche deduced.

Muca was utterly shocked. She grabbed her phone and dialed "911". "I'm sorry you had to know that," Casey apologized.

"It's fine, it's fine," Muca replied.

"Hello, 911. What's your emergency?"

"I would like to report a few murders."

Muca and Cynthia ate their lunch, first thing in the noon. "So…was the sleepover a good one?" Cynthia asked.

"Great, great," Muca replied. "Listen…" she said, changing the subject. Cynthia raised her eyebrows.

"This might seem crazy, but… Well, um, this one janitor told me you'd be involved in the two recent murders…"

Cynthia dropped her knife and fork. "You…think I'm next?"

"Actually, mom…

You might have been the cause of the murders."

Cynthia was shocked. "A-are you mad?" Muca worried.

"No. I saw this coming," Cynthia replied, tears coming out of her eyes. Muca was, simply put, perplexed.

"I'll tell you why I started this.

When I was your age, I too studied in Lavender. I was constantly bullied by most of my classmates.

Then, I fought back. Sometimes I would even cut them. Some were sent home because of my unstable behavior. …but one person never ditched me: Maxwell E.

After causing frequent violations and being perceived as the bully, Principal Eevel expelled me.

That dreaded school has caused me twenty-five years of pain.

Maxwell E promised he would do anything to make it up to me…even at the cost of his own morals.

Twenty-five years later, I enrolled you there as a means to snoop on my targets. Mr. E said he was teaching there so he could wait for me. Mr. E agreed to do this, so he could help me with the turmoil I've lived for so long. Fortunately, he was a good hitman.

My first target: Haruka Rokon. Her mother was one of my frequent bullies, and whatever goes around, comes around. What could be worse than living when your daughter's dead? So Mr. E poisoned a glass of water she drank.

My second target: Principal Eevel. I held a grudge against him for so many years, I decided to have him killed. Mr. E disposed of his body quickly enough.

My third: Blanche. She seemed to be a threat to our master plan, but unfortunately her window was too noisy for Mr. E to open."

Muca was shocked. "You…killed a new friend of mine… You killed…the principal! Have you no remorse for what you've done?!"

"I'm sorry. My murderous tendencies can get very far."

"Why didn't you kill me, huh?! I was trying to figure out what happened since Haruka died! Why didn't you kill Casey?! The school janitor?! Heck, why didn't you kill anyone else?!"

"We had plans for killing other students and staff, but we didn't know that your friend or that weird janitor weren't that significant to us.

…as for you…

I love you, Muca."

"Then stop doing this!" Muca slammed her fist on the table.

Sirens were heard outside. "You called the cops?!" Cynthia cried out.

"I'm sorry. It had to be done," Muca replied, her face red and teary, and her arms crossing.

Cynthia bravely walked outside her house.

"Miss Cynthia Peony, you are under arrest for two murders! We also got your partner-in-crime," a policeman informed her, cuffing her.

"Take all I have. Just take good care of my daughter," Cynthia ordered, clenching her teeth.

"Well, that's a relief. Muca's gonna be cared for by someone she should've been."

A tall man with a noticeable stubble and brown, clean hair walked towards Muca. "Hello, Muca. It's nice to see you after nearly fifteen years of separation."

"Dad?" Muca guessed, hugging him dearly. "Why did you leave?"

"I just couldn't live with Cynthia. She was too psychopathic for me," Muca's father replied. "I'm just glad you didn't end up like your mother."

They hugged even harder.

As the police drove away with Cynthia in their van, Muca and her father started talking.

"What do you wanna do first, as father and daughter?" he asked.

"Mom's prepared some pot-au-feu."

Her father giggled. "Alright. Let's have some lunch."

The two Peonys went inside.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
A bit fast paced, but I really like it! I think if you fleshed it out too much more it would get kinda boring.

Bay

Years
So, I've been meaning to check this out a while back, but I wanted to catch up on other reviews first. Now that I've finished reading it, some thoughts now.

First thing is on several occasions when you have two people speaking, you have it in one paragraph instead of two. You usually would have a different speaker in a new paragraph.

One onther thing I noticed is you often tell, not show. By that I mean lines like, "Cynthia loves her daughter unconditionally," etc. Instead of saying that outright, show it by having her kiss Muca on forehead and making her favorite food for instance. You did the same with Haruka, show that she's considerate with her actions. With that said, to be honest the way you had Haruka acted towards Casey did't seem like she's all that considerate.

Like Cutiefly, I too thought this went a bit fast paced. However, I feel you could have make this into a few chapters instead of a short story. You could have made Muca and Haruka hang out more so that her death has a more impact on Muca. Muca and Casey's interaction could use more work too so that the two slowly get to know one another better. You could proably have a few instances where Muca notices her mother acting odd. I think I would also like to see Muca muse about her father more so that his appreance doesn't seem out of left field.

Oh man, I apologize if this is very overwhelming. I do think this is a very interesting premise where a hitman is involved and the main character's mother is behind all this. Cynthia held out that grudge far too long, geez. But yeah, I feel the pace can be slowed down a bit and some of the relationships be expanded more. Wish you luck on any other writings you got!

Back