• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lawrence III... Where does it say that's his name again?

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
  • I don't know where he got his name. Does anyone know? Is it a fan name? Was it given in some form of press conference? If anything, his name should be 'Gelarden'. I have the Pokemon 2000 DVD, if I turn on CC, then it shows that his name is not Lawrence III, but Gelarden.

Years
  • Maybe his father and grandfather were both called Lawrence so his father would be Lawrence II and he would be Lawrence III. Similar to Professor Westwood V in The Evolution Solution.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • According to Bulbapedia, Gelarden is his Japanese name. So Lawrence must be his English name.

ETA: lol learn2read self. Under the Trivia section, it mentions that the official novelisation referred to him as Lawrence.

idk, I haven't seen 2000 yet lol.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I remember seeing the movie a few weeks ago since for some reason they decided to put it on TV halfway through the day. And they said Lawrence III in it.

This kinda reminds me of the whole Philosopher's and Sorcerer's Stone thing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Thanks to our local cinema being totally rubbish, I haven't seen any Pokémon movies since the first one. -.-
    Well, if you're to watch any Pokemon movies, the second and third are musts. Pokemon the Movie 2000 because it has a real "mythology" to it while the later movies explain the Legendaries how the games do, as well as the funny AshxMisty jokes, and The Secret of the Unown because it's about the Unown, duhh. (It feels like a TV special, but it really is quite interesting)

After that I wouldn't even bother with the movies until 10 or higher, which I hear have been a little better, at least in terms of art and animation.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • If I remember correctly the VHS version (yes, I know it's ancient technology ;-) ) had a booklet inside with the movie synopsis, which mentioned Lawrence III.

Back