• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Layout Dimensions

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Guys, I'm making a new layout for another site of mine and what is the best way to make it compatible/qutie viewable in all resolutions. I usually design mine perfect for 800x600 but most of today's youth use 1074x800 in better monitors. And Since I use "width:100px" like things, PGS looks quite bad in resolutions other than 800x600. Maybe I should start using "width:20%" or things like that.

And Also, I have this image as Background. What is the CSS code for it not to repeat horizontally but only vertically? I kinda keep forgetting as it's been long.
    Thanks

~ CC

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    background-repeat: repeat-y

I always design for 800x600. Percentage layouts go fugly, especially in CSS. Big layouts on small screens look even fuglier.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Just make a stretching layout with absolute width for the menus. Problem solved.

Oh my God, I can't stand it when I come to websites and they say like "Enter for: 800x600 - 1024x768" and I'm like "Uhh... I'm using neither." <_< Then the site usually looks messed up in my resolution because the designer didn't bother making it look good in anything else.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Umm..I was just quoting an example there Greg. And https://pokedrome.com looks kinda idiotic in 1074 if you ask me and the reason is absolute width.

"background-repeat: repeat-y"

Nothing for x??

~ CC

Back