• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Leaf!?!?

Should Leaf be battleable in HG/SS

• Yes

Votes: 41 89.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

PKMN Trainer Red!

A former trainer champion...
    Years
    Well i think somebody alredy asked this ,but....
    should Leaf(main girl character in FR/LG) be battleable in HG/SS
    HUH?

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    It would be nice. I THINK she's already in SS/HG.

Years
    Personally I think they should do it like this, if your playing as the boy, you battle Red, if you play as the girl, you battle Leaf simple as that. XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    To put it simply, I think it would have been great to intertwine Leaf into the game, most preferable in a battle against you. It would have given the female side's story of FRLG a bit more continuation from where it had left off, such did with Red. I couldn't say I disapprove of the idea as I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

It would be nice. I THINK she's already in SS/HG.
    Sadly, Leaf was never placed into the game in anyway. Many suggested she should have been, just like Crystal could have been added in on the side. However, the idea was never taken into effect. :\

Personally I think they should do it like this, if your playing as the boy, you battle Red, if you play as the girl, you battle Leaf simple as that. XD
    This idea was brought up before in a previous thread made last year on an earlier discussion on Red. It was a good thought, however one would expect that more players would choose to play as Gold rather than Kotone because many would prefer to battle Red atop Mt. Silver over Leaf because of nostalgia. Kotone has already left a negative appeal on some of the fans who preferred Kris, so putting a more "negative" way on her would only detour fans of liking her in the game. :( Still, Leaf could have been placed into the game in many other ways possible.

Flechazo

Eternity Web & Game Designer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2011
    Wondering how she would look like, I mean the new sprite. :) In march I will know it!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I call her blue from manga refrence, but hellz to the yeah she should be battleable in HG/SS.

Battling Red and Green isnt enough, they needed to include Blue.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It's a shame they didn't include her in the new games. Maybe we'll see her pop up in the next gen games in the same fashion Jasmine was shown. =)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It would have been great to see Leaf in the remake. I mean, couldn't they have made it possible to battle them both separately, but at different days?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Wondering how she would look like, I mean the new sprite. :) In march I will know it!

She's NOT in HG/SS. I've played both my Japanese HeartGold and Japanese SoulSilver and she is NO WHERE in the game.

This was confirmed not long after the Japanese release. Same with the Crystal version Female. No where at all.

Ayselipera

I would of loved to hear that she was in HG/SS since she was my favorite female character to play.

Sadly this won't be happening. :(

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I'd love to battle Leaf =), rename her as Green/Blue ofcourse (Forgot the name of Viridian City Gym Leader in HG/SS, it's Green isn't it?)

Now, what would her team be? I'd think of her as a prelude to battling Red, like you'd battle her on Seafoam Island or at the entrance to Viridan Forest or something. Then you could battle her and Red in a tag battle after you defeated them both seperately.

Team 1:
    -Lv.72 Wigglytuff
    -Lv.71 Espeon (Since Red doesn't have it anymore =P)
    -Lv.74 Meganium
    -Lv.76 Ninetales
    -Lv.75 Blastoise
    -Lv.77 Clefable

Team 2 (Duo Battle with Red):
    -Lv.92 Espeon
    -Lv.95 Wigglytuff
    -Lv.97 Blastoise

Red's would be:
    -Lv.99 Pikachu
    -Lv.95 Venusaur
    -Lv.95 Charizard

That's what I think, anyways.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Good idea. As i've said in another thread, i think a double battle vs. Leaf and Kris (who personally i hate *waits for his head to be bitten off*).
    But renamed as Blue and Kris, not Leaf

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    hmmm... thats a good idea ...

may i use that idea for somthing ... its just so goooooooood

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wanted her to play the role as ur Kanto partner, similar to Dawn in DPPt.

Back