• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leafeon is NU!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    So when I asked for a Pokemon to make a team around, Loto suggested Leafeon and said he wanted to help. yaya get ready, cause Leafeon is about to own. ;)

Leafeon is NU!?!?!

Tyranitar@Lum Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/42 Atk/216 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    » Stealth Rock
    » Crunch
    » Stone Edge
    » Earthquake

This guy is awesome, and also thanks to dark_eflness for creating this set. So it comes out, sets up SR, and proceeds to hurt things. It can take status the first turn thanks to the Lum Berry, and Crunch / Stone Edge are for STAB. Earthquake hits stuff like Heatran, although Stone Edge hits him pretty hard as well.
    Bedlam Beldum said:
    Basically, this guy provides a reliable way to get up Stealth Rock, however, it also allows me to hit my opponents hard with a 314 Attack stat as well as tank special hits with Tyranitar incredible 478 Special Defense.

Leafeon is NU!?!?!

Leafeon@Life Orb
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    » Swords Dance
    » Leaf Blade
    » X-Scissor
    » Quick Attack

OSNAP. This guy comes out and wreaks havoc on the opponents team. Seriously. Once Magnezone gets the Steels out of the way, and Gyara helps take out some Dragons, this guy is free to do whatever he so pleases. X-Scissor over Return for coverage. (This guy does like 76% to Gyara at +1@LO [After a SD and Intimidate factoring in], so with SR up, he's toast.)

Leafeon is NU!?!?!

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    » Waterfall
    » Stone Edge
    » Sleep Talk
    » Rest

This guy takes out Dragons for the most part, although I've found it has some trouble with Kingdra, so I've been thinking about running Outrage >> Stone Edge since I won't get locked when I'm asleep.

Leafeon is NU!?!?!

Magnezone@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    » Thunderbolt
    » Hidden Power [Fire]
    » Flash Cannon
    » Signal Beam

This guy is mah steel killer. He loves to come in on Trick Jirachi as well as non-SS Foretress, of course you never know, maybe Rotom could try to Trick it. ;) This thing is pretty sweet though, kills Scizor and the likes too.

Leafeon is NU!?!?!

Rotom-h@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    » Thunderbolt
    » Overheat
    » Trick
    » Hidden Power [Fighting]

This is the Trick support and anti-spinner of the team. Yeah it's pursuit bait, but Hidden Power + Overheat helps that out a lot. Overheat being an OHKO, and Hidden Power not. :(

Leafeon is NU!?!?!

Tentacruel@Leftovers
    Ability: Liquid Ooze
    EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    » Surf
    » Rapid Spin
    » Hidden Power [Electric]
    » Toxic Spikes

This guy is the RS of the team, and sets up Toxic Spikes. Since flying Dragons and Steels are what I'm aiming to take out, I figured Toxic Spikes are a nice addition to the team as well.

So, um, CroDra gives me problems, so that's why I'm wanting Outrage over Stone Edge. However, then Gyara would give me even more problems, so I dunno, just help me out. :( (And don't suggest getting rid of Leafeon, it's funny when I actually DO get a sweep off with an NU Pokemon in OU)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    You might wanna consider this Starmie over Tentacruel( or that's atleast what i'd do)

Starmie
    Life orb
    Timid nature
    EV: 252 SpAtk 252 Spe

Rapid spin
    Surf
    Ice beam
    T-Bolt

However this cant set up Toxic spikes as Tenta can.

Gl with the team ^^

Ooka

Years
    Alright, well, just give me a valid reason for switching and I'd be more than happy to consider it. ;)

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    Nice idea.

Explosion > Signal Beam on Magnezone
    Charge Beam Rotom could do better here - not walled by Blissey and can be dangerous with the help of TSpikes
    Roar > Stone Edge on Gyara. You could try it, helps with SR damage and TSpikes support.
    I would also recommend the physical mix Jirachi set with Iron Head / Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Thunderbolt or Grass Knot (depends who is more annoying - Gyara or Swampert). It's good to have another steel to take on Outrage.

Ooka

Years
    Alright Explosion and Roar will be added, but is Charge Beam Rotom such a good idea with Sandstorm up? I mean, I basically don't have any recovery at all in that case. I'd be more for it if I had some Wish support. :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Roar > Stone Edge on Gyara.

No Gyara do need Stone edge. Ooka here's a reason for Starmie:

As far as i see you dont have any ice-type move, and Starmie can use Bolt&Beam combo together with Surf to get ULTIMATE cover against like everything. Also you dont lose your Rapin spinner as Starmie also has it. Also Starmie got great Speed.

I hope that cleared my suggestion up ^^

Ooka

Years
    As far as i see you dont have any ice-type move, and Starmie can use Bolt&Beam combo together with Surf to get ULTIMATE cover against like everything. Also you dont lose your Rapin spinner as Starmie also has it. Also Starmie got great Speed.

I have SR, Thunderbolt, Stone Edge, HP [Fire], and Overheat, which hits (I believe) everything that Ice Beam would. :/ And I do lose my Toxic Spikes, which work pretty well alongside Gyara with Roar after I take out stuff that doesn't get hit by it.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    I forgot to say the Jirachi I suggested should be instead of Rotom. Even with sandstorm Rotom could survive with leftovers, but still, Jirachi could be better suited for your team.

Ooka

Years
    Darn, losing my Antispinner. XD

All right, I'll get started with updating the team tonight. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back