• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen In-Game Kabutops

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
Years
  • *Kabutops @ Leftovers
    -Nature: Lonely (+ATK, -DEF)
    -Ability: Swift Swim
    -EVs: 252 ATK / 194 SPCL ATK / 64 SPD
    -Moveset:
    Rain Dance
    Surf
    Rock Slide
    Aerial Ace

Basically, he's what I call a Sweep Dancer.

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Kabutops can't learn Hydro Pump.

Unless you have a bad Speed IV, Kabutops does not need all that Speed. 198-200 total is enough to outspeed everything important after a Rain Dance. Put the rest into Sp. Atk.

I don't see the point in HP EVs. You might as well stick them into Sp. Atk since it's Sp. Atk is pretty bad.

This set is fine for in-game, but gets walled by bulky waters. I prefer the Flailing set.

Kabutops (M) @ Liechi Berry
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Spd / 248 SAtk
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Flail
    - Endure
    - Surf
    - Rain Dance

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

starmie fighter

DESU TIME YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH
    Years
  • Just note that King's Rock will not work with Rock Slide, RS will still have 30% flinch, as King's Rock doesn't work with moves that already have a side effect

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
    Years
  • aragornbird said:

Kabutops can't learn Hydro Pump.

Don't forget that I made this at like 2 AM... but yeah, thanks for the tip.

Unless you have a bad Speed IV, Kabutops does not need all that Speed. 198-200 total is enough to outspeed everything important after a Rain Dance. Put the rest into Sp. Atk.

I don't see the point in HP EVs. You might as well stick them into Sp. Atk since it's Sp. Atk is pretty bad.

Yeah, I was contemplating whether I should shift some of those EVs into SPCL ATK or not. Now that I found out [in despair] that he can't learn Hydro Pump he'll need it.

This set is fine for in-game, but gets walled by bulky waters. I prefer the Flailing set.

Kabutops (M) @ Liechi Berry
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Spd / 248 SAtk
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Flail
    - Endure
    - Surf
    - Rain Dance

I'll consider that.

Thank you for your time.

*It is time to update the set*