• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen LeafGreen or Emerald?

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    Leaf Green, I have played both, and LeafGreen is a LOT better.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2009
    For me it would have to be LeafGreen

But I guess since i've been playing pokemon since I was like 6, I like the fact that they brought back the classic game. Emerald is really good and I remember anticipating it and being like "OMG BATTLE FRONTIER" but to me the Sevii islands and all the original pokemon mean a lot more. I'd say if you started pokemon at a young age and where brought up on Red/Blue get Leafgreen. If you don't really care, then go for Emerald, however I feel like you miss the importance of pokemon unless you start out with red/blue or firered/leafgreen

Years
    I honestly like LeafGreen (well, I have FireRed) better, but Emerald may have more.
    If you have Red/Blue, you should go with Emerald, but it's what you want.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Thank you for the advice. I headed in to get Emerald a while ago, but hey just sold it. LeafGreen is miiinnneeee. Thanks for the advice! I missed out on this generation, what is Urban Pokemon?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Urban Pokémon isn't really a term. I think that user just used it to describe the Pokémon in LeafGreen, as opposed to the exotic-looking Pokémon in Emerald. :D

Ayesha

惚け
    Years
    I <3 LeafGreen! It's so classic but yet
    it looks so original and new/revamped
    because of the new looks. Its more fun
    but if you prefer old green dragons and
    some evil enemies, pick Emerald. Its
    your choice. (:

Years
    I'll choose Emerald for sure !! x3
    I love Hoenn !!! Salamence , Metagross and many AWESOME pokes are there ! ^^
    + May is there too x3
    and the battle frontier rox ^^

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I don't see how you can relate them like this, but Emerald anyways. I never liked the display of LeafGreen, and Emerald has cool storylines and features. :B

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    thats kinda random to put those to games up for a poll, why because they're both green?

I love Emerald the most because of the Battle Frontier and the Pokemon Contest =]

:t354:TG

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    To my honest opinion, I prefer Emerald more than Leaf-Green.

Emerald has more options and the Battle Frontier. Yes, Leaf-Green has the Seveii (sp?) Island, but they're only for... Jhoto Pokémons.

Back