• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favorite Spinoff?

Years
  • yea id have to say pinball and the trading card game <.< i think there should be another spinoff for the wii like XD etc. instead of battle revolution

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2012
    Trozei defently i dont have a clue how it was made in to a pokemon game :o

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    I stayed away from most of the pokemon games that weren't classics, but out of the ones I actually did get, I hated Pokemon Ranger (or whatever it was) the most. It was way for frustrating than fun. I just played through the game to get the legendary pokemon egg at the end.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2023
    I don't really know if it could count as a "spinoff" but pokemon box I did not really see the point of adding that much storage and sure the emulation was cool but not when you could buy the GBA adapter with the gamecube and play any GB game on it

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • Pokemon Channel, Boring, no legendary because I'm in north america, I don't like pokemon being used like they are in the Anime.....(saying their names, weird combat, etc....) Hey you pikachu falls in a close second because of the Anime reason again, plus I lost my mic >_< I liked the other spinoffs otherwise.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • Pokemon Channel. I played through it only to get...

Spoiler:

If a spinoff isn't going to have an engaging story mode, it should at least have a reward for you to transfer to the main games. And yes Channel had no story. And again I am aware that Channel had Jirachi in PAL.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • Least favorite? Hmmm... That's hard... I don't really dislike any of the games I've played so far so I'll just say Trozei because it was too hard for me. But I like the pictures. :t212: :t148: :t385: :t282:

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2012
    I haven't liked any of the spin-offs besides Colosseum and Mystery Dungeon. All of them were just repetitive as all get out! OMG!

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Pokemon snap. I felt like that was a waste of time. Well, maybe not for photographers who love pokemon.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I can't stand the Pokemon Ranger games for some odd reason; I even find Pokemon Dash way better. I might change my opinion due to the newest Pokemon game that just came out, it seems like Pokemon Conquest will be my least favorite of them all.

:t354:TG

primadonna

Fashion Maven
    Years
  • I can't play any Mystery Dungeon game. Ugh.

The Gen II Puzzle game for the GBC was terrible as well. I mean, it was barely Pokemon related.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2012
    I hate the Mystery Dungeon series. Ugly graphics, poor storyline, a complete lack of trainers, and bizarre gameplay. A five minute demo in the store was all I needed to know that these games most definitely would not find their way into my home.

How can you say it has a poor storyline if you played a demo for 5 minutes in a shop? The storyline is 10x better than the main pokemon games, and is the reason there are no trainers.

Not played many really, but from what i have, i hated Battle Revolution and Ranger

NatureKeeper

I hate the Mystery Dungeon series. Ugly graphics, poor storyline, a complete lack of trainers, and bizarre gameplay. A five minute demo in the store was all I needed to know that these games most definitely would not find their way into my home.

The storyline is better than all of the main series games. (White and Black were a bit better, but that's all.) It was the deepest Pokémon game ever.

To be frank, it seems like you have a vendetta against any game without Leaf in it.

On-topic, Pokémon Trozei was terrible to say the least. What was the point of playing bejeweled with Pokémon?

Years
  • Pokemon Snap. I wasn't a fan of playing as a Pokemon Photographer who got as close to dangerous, wild Pokemon as you can get, and somehow not get mauled by them without any real protection aside from this weird solo mono-rail transport thing.

And that's the other thing. A random single mono-rail thing in the middle of freaking caves, forests, etc. I just never liked Pokemon that didn't require you to beat face. So I guess I'm not a fan of all of the spin-offs, except the Stadium Series, and Puzzle League.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I haven't played a lot of the spin-offs but, of the ones I have played, the worst is easily Pokemon Dash. I think I only bought it because it was one of the first Poke-games to come out for the DS but it was all kinds of terrible. It was ridiculously easy and yet frustrating to play, given that the essence of the game simply devolved into 'rub the stylus on the pad as hard as fast as possible' with little to no real gameplay'. Added to the fact that you had to play as Pikachu which... bleh! So, all in all, a very unsatisfying experience.

Having said that, there could be lots worse out there; I'm just fortunate not to have played them.

Back