• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favourite Status Condition.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Parafusion makes me want to take my own life.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Gligar is Paralyzed! It may not attack!
    Opponent attacks first.
    Gligar is Paralyzed! It can't attack!
    Opponent attacks.
    Gligar is Confused!
    It hurt itself in it's confusion!
    Gligar fainted!
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
    I have two.

Number 1) Confusion.
    I swear that my pokemon are hitting themselves on purpose! They almost never seem to get a hit in! And pretty much everyone has a Confuse Ray type move! >_<

Number 2) Poison.
    This stuff is really annoying. Especially in wi-fi battles. Enough said..

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    The only one I REALLY dislike is Poison, and that's because of how annoying it is in areas where there's an abundance of them. Paralyze is also on top of the list for similar reasons, excepts it's less of a problem outside of battle.

Erbe

Misses the good old days :(
    Years
    Well considering you're hardly ever in a situation where your pokemon is frozen, id have to say, considering the commonness of being poisoned, that is definately the worst. Followed by confusion, burn is bad but its also not as common :P and SLEEP. UGH

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Well paralysis for me and confusion they're quite annoying when it put on to my pokemon and I had no chance til my next turn lol.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I really hate confusion and sleep! Confusion seems like it always hits me no matter how hard I try to prevent by clicking buttons... lol Sleep lasts on my pokemon like till 4 turns. (I also use awakenings when I do have them) ;]
    Otherwise yeah those are my 2 least ones... xD

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    It's a toss-up between Poison and Paralysis. I guess it depends on the game.

In FireRed, everybody and their mom has Poison-types, so Poison is the most annoying there.

I think I got poisoned maybe only 5 times so far in Platinum (I'm about to fight Byron), so it's Paralysis there. Paralysis really screwed me over in this fight, too:
    When I was playing through Colosseum, going through the Mt. Battle part to get Ho-oh after having purified everything, there was one trainer whose first Pokemon paralyzed my Gyarados with Stun Spore or somesuch, and after I pwned that Pokemon, they sent out a Ninetales, which should have been a piece of cake, but it used Attract and Confuse Ray on poor Gyarados on top of his paralysis, so he got pwned, and so did my other two Pokemon (though I managed to KO the Ninetales, the trainer's last Pokemon did me in). It was a battle I only lost because of one stupid status. I only lost to two other trainers out of the whole 100 (though one of them was really irritating and I had to fight him 5 times) and had like 80-something continues. :/

Anybody remember the glass flutes from R/S/E? I just send a blue one and a yellow one to all my games and BAM! Sleep and Confusion are no longer as irritating.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Consfusion. Espacialy after a Sword dance (drains about 75% of my poor lvl 44 absol... :( )

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Mine is probably poison. So annoying. >_< Not to mention the screen shakes...

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    My three least favourite are:

Confusion: Not only is it annoying as hell (Your Pokemon hit itself :(), you can get another status condition as well! Also, it cant be cured by items. Luckily, it wears of.
    Paralyse: To start of, your speed gets drastically reduced, but to add insult to injury, you sometimes dont attack! ;_;
    Poison: You get hurt in battle and outside of battle. Also, you lose more health the longer you have it (I think...:\)

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    Paralysis.

I was at The Battle Arcade. I had been paralyzed and was struggling until both sides had only one Pokemon, Noctowl and Charizard, the latter being mine. We both were down to less than 25% health and I thought I could win.

Noctowl used Barrier! Noctowl's defense rose!
    Charizard is paralyzed! It can't move!

I bet you know what happened next.

Years
    They are all definitely annoying in their own way. It's a close battle between being poisoned and being put to sleep. Being asleep can be brutal if you're in a tight spot in a battle. With poisoning you are continually hit by it, even after battle, and it sucks if you're in someone's hideout and you have no antidotes or Pecha berries.

Back