• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Known Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I imagine it would be something from the first generation, because half the Pokemon fans nowadays are too young to own a first-hand Red/Blue/Green/Yellow, and the anime has moved on...

Primeape.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Maybe Surskit,

Oh yeah, I forgot about Surskit.... :laugh:

Seriously though, it seems kind of useless, so it's easily forgettable. Same with Delibird, I had no idea what that one was for a while. And it also seems kind of useless, does it ever learn anything other than Present (Or whatever it's called)?

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2013
    I saw someone do this on Gamefaqs, and he did it as a contest. Start with the numbers 1-493 blank, and each person copies and pastes the chart and adds one more name. Go until there is only one name left, and bingo... you have the most forgotten pokemon. Rules are: You are not allowed to look pokemon up by number to find their name. You CAN look them up by name to find their number though.
    Sounds like a fun idea. You wanna make the thread?

That girl!

Oopsie, my fault.
    Years
  • Hey, Dunsparce seems to be neglected. It really doesn't do much and I don't think it even evolves (ahww, the poor wittle thing). Also Omanyte and Omastar. Did I spell them right? See. I don't know them much. Or that could be only me. ^^;;

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • My classmates didn't know about Gulpin, Dunsparce, Stantler and Altaria. All encountered in their HGSS runs.
    I'm not saying they aren't known. It's just like they've been thrown down from the stage and the spotlight.
    493 Pokemon ? 100 are barely even used ...

Years
  • Yesterday, I started a hack in which the mascot role is taken by a Pokemon called Deoxys. I was like "Wait, what kind of thing is that again...?"
    More forgotten than Stantler, Huntail and Gorebyss. At least for me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Definitely Huntail and Gorebyss. Hell I only just found out about the other day in the Battle Tower on Diamond.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    i personally, and probably stupidly, never remember Magikarp as a Pokemon. I mean, come on! It's a giant fish thing that is so weak a lvl. 1 Happiny can take care of it! I just always forget, even when I see it on the games. I'm like, that's a Pokemon? I thought it was a fish!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

FREAK!!! >:|

I somehow remembered one time I looked at Shuckle and I was like "Wait, wtf is that Pokemon?" I was like wow. I'm starting to lose my Poke-touch >_>

XD Ledian.

Spotty

Pirate Crab
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I would have to say Politoed, I always forget it, even when I'm skimming through sprite sheets and stuff, I'll stare at it for about five minutes before realizing what it is.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Gorebyss and Huntail, no doubt.

Definitely quilfish, I remember in orginial G/S I thought I completed the dex but I had one space left as ??? and I thought it was glitch cause I couldnt for the life of me figure out what the pokemon was, it literally talk about a year before I went "right, I'll look this up" and discovered it was quilfish I was like "oh yeah!! quilfish!!!"
    Really? I've never forgotten about Qwilfish (with a w, not u lol.) It's always been one of my absolute favs. I even did a solo run on youtube with Qwilfish lol. I think the reason that most people forget about it, is because it's so rare. I mean, the only way to catch it is if Ralph calls and tells you that he found some rare pokemon.

Last edited:

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • How about...what's it called...the pre-evo for sunflora...sunkern? I didnt know it existd for the longest time.

Oh, and how about Igglybuff? I seriously had no clue that Jigglypuff had a pre-evo until facing one a few days ago... I looked it up in the pokedex...and sure enough...

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
  • New possible winner: Masquerain.

I love the little guy, but I agree.

For me it's either...

1)Gulpin
    2)Tropius
    3)Kecleon

They're just three that i've never really bothered with

Also Mawile

Quite funny how they're all off the third generation

You, sir, are missing out.

Swablu also gets my vote. I'm determined to raise one, now that I actually remember what it is.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Hmmm...that fish thing from Sinnoh...the butterfly fishes...ummm.

1st-3rd Gen? Uhhh...Masquerian? You know, that thing that Surskit turns into...? I think they've all pretty much been mentioned.

Back