• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legend becomes reality: Copies of Atari's ET discovered in desert

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    It's true, this game was the worst thing ever. Funny, 30 years later, Most movie games are still horrible. Was a huge embarrassment for Atari, I don't blame them for hiding that they had to bury so many new copies. This game, among others, almost killed gaming. Thank ROB.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Because I don't really think this is real. As part of some show Microsoft is producing, there were always going to games found there one way or another ;) they hyped it up and delivered, completely with pics with well placed Microsoft tablets within view.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    See, the thing is that some of these look really, really staged, while others don't. In general, shouldn't the paper stuff they were buried in for THIRTY YEARS be a bit more decayed?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • What's strange about this news is that the upcoming AVGN movie focuses around the dreadful E.T. game and finding the area where they were buried. I wonder how this will affect the film's production.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I never knew it was considered an "urban legend", always just heard that it happened, which is why the currently owned copies are worth so much money. Sadly they are worth less now simply because more are "available".

Back