• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - 3DS Remake

Years
    Because I never saw this remake coming.
    If you thought pausing the game was nothing more than annoying instead of difficult, then oh dead. :/

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I'm so looking forward to this remake, even if I DO have a distaste for games lacking any multi-player. What I don't get is why people seem to think it was expected. It seems pretty pessimistic, considering the only seeming basis is that all great games get remade sooner or later. I mean, it's not like Zelda games get remade often. This is the first time a Zelda game has been remade, if you don't count the time or two an older game has been ported to a newer system.

That kinda sound's easier. 0_0

If by easier you mean less tedious I suppose you'd be right. However, I think the efficiency of game mechanics in a game based mostly around puzzles is hardly relevant to the game's actual difficulty.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Looks like the running speed has increased judging from that video. Yay. As long as they haven't changed the dungeons and sidequests of the game, I'm perfectly fine with it. But this will probably be the first game that I get for the 3DS. It's one of my favorite games of all time, so definitely. Hope that the bottle trick against Phantom Ganon is still there.

And thank God that joystick looks moveable. I was dreading how it might be, but that looks perfectly fine. I'm really hyped up for this game (as well as the 3DS in general) now. :) -cough- Please don't be region locked -cough-

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Mmmmm, not so sure if I like how they're handling the C stick. I hope X and Y function like they do in the GCN port.

Looks like the running speed has increased judging from that video. Yay.
    You mean FPS, or was the game known for slowing down and I just didn't notice? I could tell the FPS was much better.

As long as they haven't changed the dungeons and sidequests of the game, I'm perfectly fine with it.
    Hope they add more. I think someone suggested they put in the planned dungeons, that'd be awesome. And let's get some Wind and Earth Temple up in here. And more Young Link dungeons. And how about some Master Quest stuff thrown in?

Hope that the bottle trick against Phantom Ganon is still there.
    That was in Windwaker as well, wasn't it? Don't see why they'd remove it, doubt it was unintentional.

-cough- Please don't be region locked -cough-
    Don't hold your breath. But hopefully there will be "some other way" of playing foreign games quickly. In fact, I don't think I'll buy the thing unless there is.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I know this won't be much more than a graphical swap with some 3D thrown in, but I'd really like it if they finally finished the game.

I don't know how Master Quest came to be. It is not "Ura Zelda" or "Zelda Gaiden" (which eventually became MM) which were supposed to supply the removed content from the game (Light Temple, additional content, etc.) and add some new stuff too (which, again, eventually popped up in MM).

I don't like any of the Master Quest dungeons. I didn't find them difficult, just bizarre. They totally throw you out of the experience. Seriously, the cows in Jabu-Jabu? WTF?

Give us the missing content.

Years
    You mean FPS, or was the game known for slowing down and I just didn't notice? I could tell the FPS was much better.

Yes, part of that is to do with the FPS. The TV max framerate was 60fps if you were in a NTSC region or 50fps in PAL. The 64 had a maximum rate of 20fps AFAIK. On the other hand, the 3DS has to put out 120fps for both eyes. The problem is that you're seeing this through a 60fps screen on the computer, so it's not going to appear any higher than that on Youtube. It's not going to capture it higher than 60Hz, but it won't drop below it, as the games are prone to.

The video shows it running at 3 times the old framerate, but it will run closer to 6x in person.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Beyond that, I think his speed is just has in general. OoT ran faster on the GCN than it did on the N64, but Link didn't seem to run faster.

Just on the YouTube video he seemed to be closer to the speed of wearing the Bunny Hood in MM. And has new animations to accompany the speed change.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'm am so excited for this, beyond words can describe. Ocarina of Time was and remains my favorite game of all time, ever since it came out when I was 9 years old.

Back