• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legendary Nicknames

Do you give any legendary pokemon you caught nicknames?

• Yes

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • What's the point?

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Yes, I do. I always nickname everything, as i'm a grammar freak.This is my nicknammes for the ones you can catch in Platinum:

Uxie
    Azelf
    Mesprit
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Cresselia
    Heatran
    Darkrai
    Shaymin

Lol
    I do the exact same thing you do! I hate how they use all Caps for names by default -_-.

TigerSwift

New Breeder
    Years
    Hell no! Not any more. The only legendary (even though it's not a real legendary) I nick named was the Red Gyarados from the original version of Gold. And then I gave it a cool name of a God from The Silmarillion (by JRR Tolkien of Lord of the Rings fame).

I don't see the point of nick naming legendaries as I treat them as once only pokemon that the NPC community has named.

I do, however, always give nick names to my competitive pokemon that I have bread.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I don't nickname Legendaries... My faithful Mesprit is awesome with a nickname or not. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    I rarely nickname them :S only the ones used to battle because it makes them feel less like all the same :S

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    No, not anymore since after I would forget who was who. ._. But I think the last time I actually nicknamed my Pokemon was back in Generation II and I. You know, when all Pokemon didn't have their own unique sprite and had to share (which was probably why I got confused in the first place...). I think once I named a Moltres "Chicken" because that's what it looked like. xD

Yes, I do. I always nickname everything, as i'm a grammar freak.This is my nicknammes for the ones you can catch in Platinum:

Uxie
    Azelf
    Mesprit
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Cresselia
    Heatran
    Darkrai
    Shaymin

Lol

lmao, I used to do that too.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I don't tend to nickname Legendaries, and when I don't, I just give them their names but with proper lettering (Giratina instead of GIRATINA). When I do, it usually follows a theme; Greek Gods, Elementals, Animals, etc.

I once named Suicune Slippers for idk what reason in Crystal o_+

AceLucario

Monotype/Regular Pokégamer
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    I think it would be funny just to name a whole team, Dan...or something like that

Example Team:
    Dan Lv. 56
    Dan Lv. 58
    Dan Lv. 58
    Dan Lv. 59
    Dan Lv. 61

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
    I rarely nickname legendaries. I'm usually just glad to have caught them.

I did nickname a Raikou 'Pete' before. It was just a random name I thought of.

Colette

I'm dying Gyarados.
    Years
    I always like naming my Articuno Artie, and that's about it for my legendary nicknames. I really like Chronos and Cosmos though. =D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I rarely nickname my legendaries. However, for the Lake Trio, I named Azelf 'Pearl', Mesprit 'Dia' and Uxie 'Platina' because I'm a PokeSpe fangirl. |D;

Cheyanne

I have Yusei Fudo's Zorua.
    Years
    I named my two Giratina, Giradramon and Dragiramon :s

I also named my Entei Heatwave and Celebi Tree Thug...

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I have a wonderful Darkrai named Deimos. It's not the one I use, but I still do luff him so. :3

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Yes, in Platinum I have.

Articuno is IcyUnicorn (yes, really xD)
    Zapdos is ZappyPony (see where I am going with this? xD)
    Moltres is FireySteed.

Yes, I was in a rather good mood when I caught all of them and Mesprit in under half an hour. xD

Mesprit is FluffTiger, just because. xD

And Giratina is Terry, because I wasn't very inventive that day. xD

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    I never really nickname my pokemon, takes too much time to name them all, legendaries included. Besides theres something about naming a legendary that bugs me, like it loses value in my eyes, never knew why.

Years
    Yes, I do. I name all the pokemon I plan on using, starters (I rarely use starter pokemon. XP), and legendaries. My nicknames are typically Japanese-based.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    it never really occured to me wheather I should nick name my legends. I should probably do that in the upcoming games.....

Back