• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legendary Pokémon

Are you willing to accept battles with Legendary Pokémon?

• Total voters

Budgie

Life is music, play it louder!
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2008
    Oh, I don't really mind tbh, but say the player had brought 3 Arceus' then obviously some sort of hacking or mega trading has been going on, that would be fair. But having the one legendary pokemon that you worked hard to get should be able to be used.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I think it is absolutely ridiculous that legends, that arn't labeled as Ubers, get treated unfairly. Seriously everyone is like "BeachBoy used a suicune!!!11!1!, cheater!1!1!" < that right there alone irritates me. Gamefreak put a majestic feel into the game with legends, and some legends in fact that are ubers, should not be used. Though legends today get kicked to the corner and used as "He cheated with legends" It sickins me to see, in normal forums such a marri and sere that they think every legend is too strong.

I think and strongly believe, that any legend that isnt labeled uber, is just as fair as a pichu.

I in fact love using legendaries, they don't have an advatage over anyone else, so I can use them. Yes they are hard to obtain competitively. Though if anyone has looked at my last RMT, how many legends were there? four! one two three four. Now does that show I dont play competitively? HECK NO, I made it to the top 100 in players and Im proud of that, with FAIR legends.

Legends are completely fair and shouldnt be treated so badly for just have a Majestic and meaningful label of "Legendary."

And @ myzou, your entitled to your opinion, but your exactly what im talking about. If they had unfair stats and movepools they would be banned into uber, that is the entire point why we have tiers people.
    Honestly. Anyone that doesnt allow legends, isnt a true competitive battler, as some of the great OU's heatran, suicune, and cresslia get thrown out, the legends in the ou, somewhat do balance it out. If we had no cresslia, I bet garchomp would be uber. Actually yeah Id bet ten bucks on that.
    So it isnt they are unfair and it show the person doesnt know how to train them, It's they worked there butt off to get a decent iv and natured legend, and are even more competitive then anyone around.

Again no offense to anyone that says no, but that's my opinion.

People we have TIERS, for a reason, it is to divide the metagame up and show who is both unfair (ubers) and who is competitive (ou) and not (nu)
    Seriously Legends are treated extemely unfairly and they are just as equal as anyone other pokemon in their tier and that is the truth.

Now on the other hand, using uber is completely a no. They arnt a competitve person and I refure to play in the unblanced uber metagame.

Also, many state the fact many legends are hacks, this is true. But any pokemon on the block can be hacked, if they are hacked, report them and then problem solved.

So in conclusion, Heck yeah ill let them use legends, they are allowed, in terms of ubers: no, but legends not labeled uber are competely fair. And shouldnt be kicked to the curb for being a legend

Agreed, 100%.

I personally think that a Pokemon should always be judged upon what tier they're in. Not if they're Legendary or Non-Legendary.

Alakazam (OU Non-Legendary) VS. Zapdos (OU Legendary
    HP / Attack / Defense / SAttack / SDefense / Speed
    Zapdos: 90 / 90 / 85 / 125 / 90 / 100
    Alakazam: 55 / 50 / 45 / 135 / 85 / 120

Since they both play the role of a Special Sweeper, we will be looking at the Special Attack and Speed stats. Clearly, Alakazam surpasses Zapdos in both Special Attack and Speed. Special Defenses are of small difference, and Alakazam gains access to Calm Mind. But Alakazam's two most vital stats surpasses Zapdos's two most vital stats.

90 / 90 / 85 / 125 / 90 / 100
    55 / 50 / 45 / 135 / 85 / 120

So in a sense, Alakazam is stronger than Zapdos. The HP, Attack, and Defense stats are of little importance to a special sweeper. Many trainers still think that Zapdos is stronger just because it is legendary. Why do you guys think that? Giving the term "Legendary" to a certain pokemon does not give a boost in strength, stats, or movepool. Legendary is not a term to measure a Pokemon's stats. I always judge a Pokemon's strength primarily through what tier they're in.

Fearless

Franchise
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2008
    Agreed, 100%.

I personally think that a Pokemon should always be judged upon what tier they're in. Not if they're Legendary or Non-Legendary.

Alakazam (OU Non-Legendary) VS. Zapdos (OU Legendary
    HP / Attack / Defense / SAttack / SDefense / Speed
    Zapdos: 90 / 90 / 85 / 125 / 90 / 100
    Alakazam: 55 / 50 / 45 / 135 / 85 / 120

Since they both play the role of a Special Sweeper, we will be looking at the Special Attack and Speed stats. Clearly, Alakazam surpasses Zapdos in both Special Attack and Speed. Special Defenses are of small difference, and Alakazam gains access to Calm Mind. But Alakazam's two most vital stats surpasses Zapdos's two most vital stats.

90 / 90 / 85 / 125 / 90 / 100
    55 / 50 / 45 / 135 / 85 / 120

So in a sense, Alakazam is stronger than Zapdos. The HP, Attack, and Defense stats are of little importance to a special sweeper. Many trainers still think that Zapdos is stronger just because it is legendary. Why do you guys think that? Giving the term "Legendary" to a certain pokemon does not give a boost in strength, stats, or movepool. Legendary is not a term to measure a Pokemon's stats. I always judge a Pokemon's strength primarily through what tier they're in.

Couldn't have said it any better. Nice little write up :)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Nope, there's no such thing as an uber move, because very few moves are open to only legendries and most powerful moves have drawbacks (Eg Overheat). The one move i would consider uber is dark void, but seeing as only an uber can get it thats not really a problem

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I really do think that ubers are too strong. I'm not saying I won't battle them, but I won't train them, as I sse that as pure laziness (unless you use ubers in a seperate battling team altogether.)

I'll battle them, but don't expect it to count as anything XD.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008

lengenary to me seems like regular pokemon, or its just my pokemon that have great moves to counter.

EvanMiesterX

^If that's my real name!
    Years
    I don't mind battling Legendaries at all. Sure, they have good moves, and high stats, but so do lots of non legendaries (i.e. Garchomp, Dragonite, T-Tar, and quite a few others) So I feel that legendaries are not really any more powerful that other pokemon.

Back