• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Pokemon

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Again, you have to calrify if you want to know more about the anime legends, or the game legends. I am more of an expert on the anime legends, so that's why I said that Ho-Oh did not reappear at the Tower. It is still flying around, waiting for the day that human and Pokémon hearts are one.

It's not that they have to be forgotten, it's just that they were switched from fact to fiction because they haven't been seen by human eyes. So, humans, in their "seeing is believing" would take the stories about the legendaries that were fact, and turn it into legend. Because for some strange reason, they really don't have the written word in the Pokémon world for the history of 300 years ago. They just have the word of mouth and pictures. (Again, what I believe.)

No, Ho-Oh hasn't returned to the tower in the anime canon. It did return in the games.

Yeah, it was the pre-design of Ho-Oh flying over Ash in the first episode. I call it the pre-design, because it was just a rough idea of the phoenix. The Ho-Oh in the first episode was a golden color; while the Ho-Oh of today is red, green, yellow, blue, and white. They both, however, have that ability to make rainbows.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Ho-Oh is a terrible Uber Pokemon.
    This topic isn't necessarily in terms of the games, but in the animé, just so you know.

As for the Ho-oh being golden in the first episode....I can dismiss that as the glare of the sun or the animators' depiction of Ash's fuzzy observance. Or maybe it glows gold when it flies like that? I don't know....

I'm assuming that there is only one Lugia and Ho-oh when I say they bred just once and then spawned Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Of course, they couldn't produce after that, and the three elemental birds were born sterile but each had a fragment of the power Lugia and Ho-oh had. Articuno could have taken on control of the global climate, which would have been Lugia's line of work; Zapdos would govern the water cycle, the part of evaporation being taken from Ho-oh and the creation of storms through which to restore the water derived from Lugia; Moltres could have taken its authority over fire, which would probably manifest itself in volcanic eruptions and friction, from Ho-oh. So Zapdos enjoyed the best of both worlds while Articuno and Moltres were merely polar influences over the world.

Of course, the far-fetched nature of this story would still provide the drive for humans to search for the birds. Think of the Ark of the Covenant: according to the Bible, God renewed his covenant with Moses and, I believe, enshrined the second copy of the Ten Commandments in some box, and in the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones decided to go after it. Thus it became a legend regardless of the authority of the Bible through the ages. And when it's a legend, people will look. I think I read somewhere that a guy thinks he found it in northern Iraq.

That's my two cents.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    hmm, ill ignore that post.... it wasn't really on topic
    bbuutt..
    thats a lot of writing.. is it a hobby?
    anyways back on topic...
    but to ask.....
    when you say lugia and ho-oh spawned, does that mean they reproduced? that means ones a girl & ones a boy.. but there has to be more that 1 lugia! in the anime, the lugia from the movie was a boy (according to sound tone of the voice) but in a episode, lugia had a child, so she/he must be able to reproduce.. therefore making lugia a girl as well, as they said "lugias mother" i think...
    just to repeat my self (lol)
    you said they couldn't reproduce after that.. but the baby in the anime has to be a baby of it, unless it popped out of nowhere O.o

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Of course, that one could have been a separate tenet or, going way off on a tangent, a genetic reproduction like they're doing with the mammoth.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    There is a belief that the baby Lugia came from a mating spell between the Lugia in the Orange Islands, and the one in the Whirl Islands. The one in the Orange Islands was shown to be male, and the one in the Whirl Islands was shown to be female. It doesn't really hold up to the belief that there is only one of each Legendary Pokémon. Mew, however, is also an exception to that rule. So that theory could be held up as an explaination behind the baby Lugia.

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    It's not that they have to be forgotten, it's just that they were switched from fact to fiction because they haven't been seen by human eyes. So, humans, in their "seeing is believing" would take the stories about the legendaries that were fact, and turn it into legend. Because for some strange reason, they really don't have the written word in the Pokémon world for the history of 300 years ago. They just have the word of mouth and pictures. (Again, what I believe.)

..hmm but not for all legendaries.. just think of moltreace it is the pokemon whose fire was used to open the pokemon league (in the first season.. I'm not sure if it has a special name..) so people must know about the legendary pokemon moltreace.

BTW this question is off topic but how does Aruseus look like? I mean is there a pic of it somewhere?

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    I saw him.. he's really awesome.. so he's the god of pokemon.. Gee how do you people know all this stuff? Was it in an episode or something? If he's the god what does he do, rule the pokemon or somethinG?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    hmm, i think (THINK!) that its on serebii as well...
    but i think that Aruseus created all pokemon...

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
    Years
    If I understood the second movie right; Zapdos, Articuno and Moltrace try to keep the delicate Earth balance (Moltrace protects the fire force - probably in the meaning of vulcanos and lava, Articuno protects the land waters, the underground water current and ice caps and Zapdos protects the electric forces (?) - probably in the meaning of all the energy that binds the elements)
    But hey that's just a theory of mine :P

I agree eventhough Mewtwo is in fact a clone he was the first ˝solo˝ pokemon (meaning there's only one). And the very defintion of a legendary pokemon is that there's always only one of them.. Plus he was created from a legendary pokemon, I think that alone is enough proof that Mewtwo is nor ordinary pokemon. And also the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant (man now I'm begining to even quote Mewtwo XD) so who cares if he's a clone, he is a legendary pokemon.

actually thats not true. There is more than one of the legendary birds. more than one Lugia. And I may be right but there was more than one Mew. but what about Mew. He has the dna of all pokemon so didn't he creat all the pokemon?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    huh? i dont realy understand what your saying....
    can you try to have some info to back it up??

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    this just gets more confusing... we need the people that make these stories in the first place :\

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
    Years
    ok you said there is only one legendary. but yet there is more than one Zapdos,Articuno,and Moltress. There is also more than one Lugia. And there was at one point more than one Mew I think.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    when i said one, i meant on the game....
    but there has to be more than one, if its lived for thousands of years,
    or it might be like godzilla and be able to breed by itself..

Back