• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legendary Pokemon

Habilis_Orian

The Ace Trainer
    Years
    Do you use Legendaries in Wi-Fi battles? If so why?

I personally feel that using a legendary is a way of cheating. Most of them are just ridiculously powerful. I don't use them at all. I'll catch them and usually just leave them in the PC box and keep them as trophies. If I don't do that I just give them away. For instance I JUST gave away Giratina a few days ago to my friend. I didn't want it or need it. I have to say the only legendary I really like and HAVE used (about once or twice) is Azelf.

So if you need a legendary, just let me know. I have all except for the Event Legendaries and Giratina. But I would like to keep my Mewtwo and Azelf.

Also if anyone around uses a team of Legendaries I'd love to battle you.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I plan on useing my Mew in battles.
    But, I suck at determaning move sets, so I think everyone will still kick my butt. xD
    Plus he's really low level at the moment. :3

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    Heh, only to test movesets. But otherwise, no. I don't use them. Cause I favor other pokemon over them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Legendaries are so cliche. EVERYBODY has them, it's unimaginative, it's weak, it's lame, but moreover it's basically cheating because they have ridiculously high stats.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    I will battle anyone without legendaries, though I've been considering putting together a properly trained team of legendaries to use against those random kids who don't know the difference between Eevees and EVs who are probably using nothing but legendaries.

Although... I have beaten entire teams of hacked legendaries without a single legendary of my own... Hmm...

Habilis_Orian

The Ace Trainer
    Years
    Legendaries are so cliche. EVERYBODY has them, it's unimaginative, it's weak, it's lame, but moreover it's basically cheating because they have ridiculously high stats.
    That is exactly how I feel.

I will battle anyone without legendaries, though I've been considering putting together a properly trained team of legendaries to use against those random kids who don't know the difference between Eevees and EVs who are probably using nothing but legendaries.

Although... I have beaten entire teams of hacked legendaries without a single legendary of my own... Hmm...
    Ah, I don't mess with the children, too easy.

Yeah, I kind of consider myself a Legendary killer of some sort, I get tired of everyone using the same old Mewtwo - Dialga combinations of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I never use legendaries online or in-game for that matter. The only time I would ever battle with them would probably be just after I catch them, to try out their moves, but that;s it. I already have a set team of six that I use in every Pokemon game and I have no intentions of changing them.

However, in battle, I'll pretty much verse anyone, legendaries or not.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    I battled a Heatran the other day using my Torterra, the guy I was fighting had no idea that his Heatran had a double weakness to Earthquake, so when I killed it in one shot he accused me of cheating...

That is the thing I don't like about battling people who use legendaries, they complain too much if you beat them

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I battled my friend and he had a Dialga, Heatran, Deoxys, Luxray, Infernape, Staraptor, and uhh something else and I whooped his silly behind with my Cyndaquil *shot*, Staraptor, Luxray, Gastrodon, Infernape, and the rest of my party... It was just a random battle right after we traded. My brother had a hacked shiny Latios with rigged stats and he got beat badly by my other friend. Serves him right since he ties up my internet. 8D
    So yeah, I sorta use legendaries to play around with my friends. It's not cheap or cliche, it's pretty fun. Why put them in the game if no one wants to use them? D:

Ftkatyowser

~I Love (Provolone) CHEESE~
    Years
    I'm not into teams chocked full of Overpowered/Hacked/etc. Legendaries. I have a Latias, but I always found that its stats stay around the same as the rest of my non-legendary team, so I use her in regular battles. (Has not done wi-fi battles yet >.<). If I get told not to use legendaries, I'll just swap in an Espeon with relativly the same moveset (minus Dragon Claw) and use that.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I only use my Dialga, really. I have a few others. And I wouldn't consider using them as cheating at all. If they're there to be caught, then it's fair. However, using others like, Arceus, Mew, and the like, then yeah, since they can only be hacked (Although I would kill for Darkrai and Arceus :3).

So if I don't want to battle legendaries, I just ask them not to use them. Simple as that.

sth hijack

Im the best
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    The only time i use legendarys is if me and my friend are having a legendary only match other then that i dont

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years

I personally feel that using a legendary is a way of cheating. Most of them are just ridiculously powerful. I don't use them at all. I'll catch them and usually just leave them in the PC box and keep them as trophies.

I agree, legendary pokemon are way too strong for battles. If your oppenent has a legendary and you don't, you're odds of winnning just went down 10%. Along with the high stats and huge movepool, legendaries are way too powerful for a competitive or strategic battle.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I'll occasionally use the three dogs in battles but other than that legandaries...no thanks.

Habilis_Orian

The Ace Trainer
    Years
    So yeah, I sorta use legendaries to play around with my friends. It's not cheap or cliche, it's pretty fun. Why put them in the game if no one wants to use them? D:

To trade them with people who want them for Pokemon you could really use.

Using a legendary Pokemon in Pokemon is like playing a fighting game and just ''cheesing'' with the same move over and over. Which gets annoying and consider quite ''noob-ish''. No offense to you but I really look down on the Trainers who use legendaries.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Errm, Zapdos is popular, altough there is a difference between certain legendaries, such as:

The bird trio
    The dog trio
    The regi trio
    and the psychic trio

These all have base stats that equal to 580, which are below the base total of pokemon such as Tyranitar and Salamence, which are always seen in battles nowdays.

So, the way Ubers are classed, is if a pokemon has greater than 600, not equal to, should be banned, And I think it's fair.

But yes, I do have a legendary team, and I do know how to use it, and I am willing to battle anyone who wants to battle them with their normal team, as I don't mind getting a couple of free wins on my record, xD!

Habilis_Orian

The Ace Trainer
    Years
    Errm, Zapdos is popular, altough there is a difference between certain legendaries, such as:

The bird trio
    The dog trio
    The regi trio
    and the psychic trio

These all have base stats that equal to 580, which are below the base total of pokemon such as Tyranitar and Salamence, which are always seen in battles nowdays.

So, the way Ubers are classed, is if a pokemon has greater than 600, not equal to, should be banned, And I think it's fair.

But yes, I do have a legendary team, and I do know how to use it, and I am willing to battle anyone who wants to battle them with their normal team, as I don't mind getting a couple of free wins on my record, xD!

You have a point there too with the PKMN like Salamence.

Ha-Ha. Quite the confident one aren't we? But I think when you battle me I think I'll be the one getting that win on my record. :P

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    You have a point there too with the PKMN like Salamence.

Ha-Ha. Quite the confident one aren't we? But I think when you battle me I think I'll be the one getting that win on my record. :P

We'll see, but I take it you won't allow me to use my awesome darkrai?

Although, the problem if we battle is, if I win, it's because I have ubers, whereas if you won, it would be because you "Have skill", which angers me ever so slightly at the fact that no one would ever consider someone that if someone uses legendary than they have no skill.

But yeah, I dis agree with this:

Using a legendary Pokemon in Pokemon is like playing a fighting game and just ''cheesing'' with the same move over and over. Which gets annoying and consider quite ''noob-ish''. No offense to you but I really look down on the Trainers who use legendaries.

You play a game to win, no matter how you do it, your ultimate goal is to win, this is why I get slightly annoyed at people who think, legendaries are for noobs and such, when this isn't the case, any normal OU team can take down a noobs team of legendary's, but how hard would it be against someone who has had their share of OU pokemon and want to try out ubers, as they are apart of the game, people don't see it this way, they were made to be used, they were made legendary to make people want to use them, if they were created to sit in the box, why have them in the game.

What was ironic about this guy who wrote the analysis was that he is an occasional player of mortal combat, and he was playing a "scrub" which is the name for people new to competitive play. They had a couple of matches with the scrub loosing all the time, because the writer used a lot of throws, whilst the scrub tried to use complex moves, and after 6 losses he started saying that the writer has no skill because he doesn't use complex attacks, which the writer said back "I play to win" and the way I look at it, when I play pokemon, I play to win, the difference is though, I have about 6 - 8 teams, one is an uber team, the rest is OU and some BL pokemon, which are the main pokemon used in Wi-Fi battles.

Yeah that's just my two cents

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I don't mind legendaries being used in battle. I DO mind if they are obtained trough hacking/cheating (assuming the guy admits the hack, or it's obvious cheating.)

Using legendaries is one thing. Cheating is another.
    Really, people who use hacked/cheated Pokemon should just keep to themselves.

Btw, I found a nice video of a guy fighting a legendary user (well, more like a legendary/uber user): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZsfMJFS3o

Back