• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LEGENDS: HG SS.. Any good?

Rinusu

Not that important..
Years
  • For those who've had a look at the new set.. does it look any good?

No cards from after the 2nd Gen appear on the set.
    Normal Trainers are called GOODS to avoid confusion.
    Legend cards* are introduced.
    Great cards** are also introduced
    Supporters are getting Yellow, instead of Orange.

*You play two cards at the same time to create a Pokémon with the strength of an EX Pokémon
    **Stage 2 Pokémons who appear stronger and also the picture is zoomed in on their faces.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    ARE YOU KIDDING!?!? HGSS IS GREAT! >=O Did you actually look at the set? XP

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I have to agree with FurretFTW!!1! here, the new set looks amazing. I have them in Japanese, the Legend cards are fantastic.
    Are the Legend cards going to be included in the English sets? I always assumed they would be, but I havn't seen any English ones yet. The artwork on the Great cards is not nearly as good as Lv. X's, however, which was a little disappointing. The other thing about them is that they appear to have a reverse holo version of the Great cards, which seems absolutely rediculous to me seeing as they are supposed to be the equivalent of Lv. X, and making a reverse holo Lv. X is just absurd.

Rinusu

Not that important..
    Years
  • As am I !
    They finally found a good way to play stong cards..
    cuz' when i play lugia ot ho-oh.. i want them to be that strong.. from the start..

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I can't wait for the prerelease, anyone know what the prerelease card will be?
    I'm not entirely sure how the Legend cards will be played, as they come in two pieces. I assume you will only be able to play them if both are active.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I've only seen pictures of the Pokémon, but from what I've seen it looks amazing. Improved drawing styles FTW.​

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • I saw some pictures of what they will look like! I will probably spend so much money on them, lol. I can't wait for them to be released.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • This is the prerelease card. A Pichu!
    LEGENDS: HG SS.. Any good?
    It's a small pic, but here it is.

I just don't know how does this card evolve into Pikachu..
    Well, for other info, check it on PokéBeach.com

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
    Years
  • I'm not entirely sure how the Legend cards will be played, as they come in two pieces. I assume you will only be able to play them if both are active.
    Actually, you have to have both halves in your hand at the same time, then you play it on your Bench like a normal Basic (they only take up 1 Bench spot, like normal). From what I understand, cards that get Basics from your deck like Roseanne's Research and Pokemon Collector (in HG:SS) can't get these cards for you.

I just don't know how does this card evolve into Pikachu..
    It doesn't. This has already been confirmed.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • It doesn't. This has already been confirmed.
    Oh, lord!! I can't believe it! But I checked and unfortunatelly it is true...

Well, this thread asks "Any good?". My answer is yes. The LEGEND Pokémon are the most beautiful and well designed and creative card group ever! (I'm not a player, I'm an admiror)

The distinction of Trainer cards as Goods is good (hehe), though i think that Supporter cards should be called Trainer then, but that would confound everyone now.

What is good too are the Prime Pokémon. They're like Pokémon-ex but without the distinction, making them just better evolution cards. I just hope that the Modifier don't ban DPt cards by now (I know they won't), cause the Lv.X cards are still great.

What makes me sick is that the 2x weakness is back, i think it was working pretty well the way it was.

And for the Baby thing, i have no comments.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Yes, i'd say they're great. I fell in love with the Raikou & Suicune when i first saw them in the foil card.

... Also, i like Ho Oh's card.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Yes, i'd say they're great. I fell in love with the Raikou & Suicune when i first saw them in the foil card.

... Also, i like Ho Oh's card.

There aren't any Raikou or Suicune cards in that set, maybe you saw some from the Japanese set coming out next month?
    And yeah, the Ho-oh looks really cool, although I'm more partial to Lugia myself.

Back