• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    If an Entei is born every time a volcano is born, then I guess it's easy to see why Entei is so rare. Volcanoes aren't exactly born every week.

Erm i think he was referring to people. Either way this theory didnt make sense.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2008
    lets look at all the legendaries then:

Mew and Mewtwo: These are basically the immortal ones, lets see how long this lasts

Lugia and Ho-oh: Now these are okay in my opinion the Johto legendaries were planned or the very least Ho-oh was, If anyone remembers correctly Ash saw Ho-oh in one of the first episodes ever. As for Lugia so far it's stayed original.

The 3 dogs, cats whatever(Suicune, Entei, Raikou):
    This is when it starts to get repetitive because now these are supposed to be better than the original 3 birds when earlier in the show it was stated that the the birds were the best and no one could defeat them

Celebi: Seems very similar too Mew and Mewtwo but not quite yet and is also rather useless

Jirachi: In my opinion one of the most useless legendaries this one was a publicity stunt

Kyogre and Groudon: Kyogre is the new guardian of the sea apparently so where did Lugia go? Groudon is basically a volcano or earth guardian something like that.

Rayquaza: The owner of the sky or space or something similar Original for a short period of time >.>

Deoxys: DNA Space Pokemon of mystery came to steal Rayquaza's short lived glory.

Palkia and Dialga: Dragon Pokemon fabric of reality distorter only god really knows what they are they so far are original well if maybe if you compare them Rayquaza not so much

Giratina:
    yeah....no comment I think it's another failure of legendary no reason for it to even exist

Darkrai: only ghost/dark Pokemon to be a legendary and I hope it stays that way Darkrai is a good legendary it's just not very out there

Arceus: Ha! no more Mew and Mewtwo now we have an immortal that apparently created the universe it self...well so much for the big bang theory

Every other semi legendary or whatever that was made up in the sinnoh gen.:
    ......FAIL..... really if you think about it all of them are just there to add popularity to the game

Conclusion:
    The Pokemon Company has gone over the top to no limits on making these legendaries about the first 6 were okay and they should've just incorporated that into the new games and made a bigger better story also I think Arceus was their biggest mistake at that make an ultimate Pokemon first of all that takes all the fun out of it and if it's so big and powerful there is no point in training it because even mew and mewtwo had defects this is just way to godly

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Conclusion: The Pokemon Company has gone over the top to no limits on making these legendaries about the first 6 were okay and they should've just incorporated that into the new games and made a bigger better story also I think Arceus was their biggest mistake at that make an ultimate Pokemon first of all that takes all the fun out of it and if it's so big and powerful there is no point in training it because even mew and mewtwo had defects this is just way to godly

Adding a higher power Pokémon, such as Arceus, in my opinion, made everything seem so complete, even though I'm pretty sure everyone thought that Mew was in that role before D/P came out.

I don't think it's taking the fun out of it because first of all, you have to find Arceus (I don't even think he's released in NA?) and then you have bragging rights because not everyone (me included D:) will have access to Arceus :P

Last edited:

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
    Thing I don't like about Arceus is that he takes all the Legendary meaning out of the the game. They're probably gonna have to make a "higher up" Pokemon after Arceus, or link all the Legendary Pokemon to come to Arceus. They kinda made it harder on themselves.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    One thing I've always had trouble believing about Arceus is why would he create the world and humans, just to be enslaved by them? I mean, it seems a little farfetched. I believe that people in the real pokemon world believe power gives a pokemon influence over their beliefs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    One thing I've always had trouble believing about Arceus is why would he create the world and humans, just to be enslaved by them? I mean, it seems a little farfetched. I believe that people in the real pokemon world believe power gives a pokemon influence over their beliefs.

Hmm. Good point.

This whole "Pokémon-god" thing, although fun to believe, doesn't make much sense to me at all. :/

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Like aka said, its not a valid point. Its like jesus, who merrily allowed himself to be crucified wen he could have gone biblical on their roman asses. I suppose they have the ability to see when some-one needs smiting. Humans took their place as the dominant sopecies, arceus accepted that and hid.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    And besides, I never saw Arceus as "enslaved" by anything or anyone. I agree with Gofre, Arceus seems more like a Jesus Christ than a God in anything.

I don't think the pokéworld NEEDS a "god." It might sound complete with one, but it doesn't sound totally necessary.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yeah, if you go back a couple of pages you will see my jesus theory. Also, whats god done for us recently? he created the world in 6 days, and has been waitin ever since, picking his moment to bring down the apocolypse. For a loving caring god, 6 working days out of an eternity isnt all too much effort for the great divine.

Sorry, i just have a problem with religion :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Haha, same. :P

So if Arceus was like the "god" of Pokémon, would it be the loving kind or the kind who'd just destroy what it created?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I see him more as the wise chinese philosipher dude. He sits up on his pillar, and just watches all of his creations and muses upon whats for dinner :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I see him as more of the type who's super-merciful, and won't destroy anything even if he thought it was a mistake in the first place.

That includes Luvdisc. Lol. :P

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Na he cant be merciful, he's created untold thousands of species who like nothing better than electracuting and burning each other.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Really? o_O

So at one point there were loads more species of Pokémon and then went and killed them all?

Wow, the history and theories behind the legendaries is super-extensive ^^

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Well there were and still are. Think about it: the only other poekon weve seen are from millions of years ago, what about 1000? And yeah natural selection will have killed stuff off, especially if pokemon had their equivilant of an ice age.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    True...

It's astonishing how many religious-related connections you can make with Pokémon. Honestly. :P

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    lets look at all the legendaries then:

Mew and Mewtwo: These are basically the immortal ones, lets see how long this lasts

I've covered this. All legendary Pokémon are immortal, unless killed in battle. This is what nearly happened to Mewtwo in "Mewtwo Returns".

Lugia and Ho-oh: Now these are okay in my opinion the Johto legendaries were planned or the very least Ho-oh was, If anyone remembers correctly Ash saw Ho-oh in one of the first episodes ever. As for Lugia so far it's stayed original.

Ho-Oh was seen in "Pikachu, I Choose You!" It was the very first anime episode of Pokémon.

The 3 dogs, cats whatever(Suicune, Entei, Raikou):
    This is when it starts to get repetitive because now these are supposed to be better than the original 3 birds when earlier in the show it was stated that the the birds were the best and no one could defeat them

Um, no. Back then, the legendary birds were considered ubers from the game's point of view. The same goes for this three. Neither set was better or worse. The simply had different jobs.

Celebi: Seems very similar too Mew and Mewtwo but not quite yet and is also rather useless

AH HA HA, no. Celebi's nothing like Mew, except for how you got one back then.

Jirachi: In my opinion one of the most useless legendaries this one was a publicity stunt

Let's not insult one of my favorites here. Jirachi is known as the Wish Pokémon for a reason. It's not a publicity stunt, it's a subtle test for any human who happens to find it. The test is really just a simple question that has no simple answer: "What will you wish for?" It doesn't have a simple answer because your answer will reflect who you are. It really gets you thinking about yourself.

Kyogre and Groudon: Kyogre is the new guardian of the sea apparently so where did Lugia go? Groudon is basically a volcano or earth guardian something like that.

No, no... Kyogre is the ocean CREATOR, and Lugia is the ocean GUARDIAN. They are two different roles. Groudon's the land creator.

Rayquaza: The owner of the sky or space or something similar Original for a short period of time >.>

Not owner; Rayquaza is the Sky Guardian.

Deoxys: DNA Space Pokemon of mystery came to steal Rayquaza's short lived glory.

I've already covered Deoxys. It was just a random new Pokémon. I don't think it came purposefully to this planet, either.

Palkia and Dialga: Dragon Pokemon fabric of reality distorter only god really knows what they are they so far are original well if maybe if you compare them Rayquaza not so much

Actually, they have nothing in common with Rayquaza, except the fact that they're all Dragons. I can also see why Palkia is a Water/Dragon and Dialga is a Steel/Dragon. Space flows freely, ever expanding. Time stays its course, never affected by anything.

Giratina:
    yeah....no comment I think it's another failure of legendary no reason for it to even exist

If you're going to say, "no comment," leave it at that. Giratina is no failure. We'll find out more from the 11th movie. Until then, you have no right to call it a failure.

Darkrai: only ghost/dark Pokemon to be a legendary and I hope it stays that way Darkrai is a good legendary it's just not very out there

Darkrai, like Umbreon, is a pure Dark-type.

Arceus: Ha! no more Mew and Mewtwo now we have an immortal that apparently created the universe it self...well so much for the big bang theory

Are you kidding? Arceus is the most powerful Pokémon overall, but Mewtwo still hits harder with Special attacks. Also, were you there when Arceus used its 1000 arms to create the universe? Were you there when it created Dialga and Palkia, then Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf? No. No, you weren't. Therefore, you can't say for sure that Arceus didn't use a Big Bang to do it.

Every other semi legendary or whatever that was made up in the sinnoh gen.:
    ......FAIL..... really if you think about it all of them are just there to add popularity to the game

Wow, you're a very, very poor judge of stuff like this. A legendary Pokémon will ALWAYS have a purpose to serve, whether you like it or not.

Conclusion:
    The Pokemon Company has gone over the top to no limits on making these legendaries about the first 6 were okay and they should've just incorporated that into the new games and made a bigger better story also I think Arceus was their biggest mistake at that make an ultimate Pokemon first of all that takes all the fun out of it and if it's so big and powerful there is no point in training it because even mew and mewtwo had defects this is just way to godly

If you think you're so much smarter than the Pokémon Company staff, why don't you ask Pikachu if you can work for them and improve things? Oh, wait, they wouldn't hire you. They're doing just fine on their own.

Honestly, that's got to be one of the worst sum-ups I've ever seen. Besides, I've already covered everything but Manaphy and Phione. And learn how to use the damn font tags.

Remember that your character is the only one who encounters Arceus. Thus, it's not enslaved, but rather partnered with. Remember, from your character's point of view, Pokémon are like brothers and sisters who team up with you in adventures. They aren't slaves to do your bidding.

Like aka said, its not a valid point. Its like jesus, who merrily allowed himself to be crucified wen he could have gone biblical on their roman asses. I suppose they have the ability to see when some-one needs smiting. Humans took their place as the dominant sopecies, arceus accepted that and hid.

I'm giving you one last warning. Don't go there. Christ died so that humans would have a way into heaven. Know why? He loves us.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    True...

It's astonishing how many religious-related connections you can make with Pokémon. Honestly. :P

Yeah, gettin the most out of these sorta theories means you need to have an open mind to religion and science. In pokemon they co-exist quite well. Humans create pokes, pokemon can control the elements. Its a good balance for this sorta discussion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back