• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Years
  • Hi, I'm having a problem when it comes to the gen 8 pokemon - I inserted all of the proper indexed sprites for 25 gen 8 pokemon for my hack according to the instructions, but they don't appear in-game when tested. I didn't include sprites for all of them (the sprites start at Rookidee instead of Grookey), but I made sure to number the sprites in the order they would appear in if I had included all of them (Rookidee is listed as 1113 instead of 1102). Is there anything else I should do to fix this?

EDIT: I also defined the sprites in all of the tables in sprite_data.h, and they still don't show up in-game.

EDIT 2: I looked through the notes and saw that I can use the Advance Sprite tools to add the Gen 8 sprites, but I can't find all of the offsets to fill in the .ini. The DPE offsets don't line up with the .ini descriptions, so I'm not too sure what to look for (such as the enemy altitude table)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2022
    Hi, I'm having a problem when it comes to the gen 8 pokemon - I inserted all of the proper indexed sprites for 25 gen 8 pokemon for my hack according to the instructions, but they don't appear in-game when tested. I didn't include sprites for all of them (the sprites start at Rookidee instead of Grookey), but I made sure to number the sprites in the order they would appear in if I had included all of them (Rookidee is listed as 1113 instead of 1102). Is there anything else I should do to fix this?

EDIT: I also defined the sprites in all of the tables in sprite_data.h, and they still don't show up in-game.

EDIT 2: I looked through the notes and saw that I can use the Advance Sprite tools to add the Gen 8 sprites, but I can't find all of the offsets to fill in the .ini. The DPE offsets don't line up with the .ini descriptions, so I'm not too sure what to look for (such as the enemy altitude table)

It's gEnemyMonElevation.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2021
    Greetings to all, maybe this is not the correct post but hey I wanted to ask about some problems I have with the Rom or I think it is the CFRU I do not know precisely what is happening is that this happens

First I use Leon's Rom (that is, his patch) and the following happens

1: when I try to include a song from the patch that comes with your pack, either hgss or Kanto, after making your changes, the rom starts all normal until a combat starts, which is when it locks up and the rom restarts

2: it also happens that after the mega evolution I made it work this to be more specific When Level Up The pokemon during the mega evolution this freezes the game, that is, it stays frozen in half battle (it only happens when it levels up while it is in mega evolution).

3: This happens (tested only with Tangela) When this level Up This evolves makes its evolution animation and others but when it finishes doing it the game is frozen, that is, the notice that tangela evolved but does not allow the rom to advance more than is there someone can help me?

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Hi, I had a problem about compiling and it says that there is a problem with devkitarm, c:\devkitpro\devkitarm\lib\bfd-plugins\libdep.dll.a isn't designed to run on windows...
    I've fixed the problem by deleting libdep.dll.a and now it's working. I've test some mega evolution and its working perfectly except Charizard Y that freeze the game after the mega evolution animation. I've already set variables 0x40FE and 0x40FF to 0x161.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    I found out that Mega Charizard Y's pop up ability which is Drough is making the game freeze. I think pop up ability is the issue.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Hi there. I just installed this awesome ROM Base. I followed the video tutorials and the instalation/compilation was suceful, but when during the tests I found a issue with the ability pop-ups. Whenever a abillity pop-up shows up in the battle screen (intimidade, sturdy, levitate, etc.) the game just crashes. Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2021
    Today i finally complete to patch the rom base, but when i try to level a Pokemon from other generations, the game crash. Does ayone know why?

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
    Years
  • Hello all!
    Since DPE and CFRU have recently had updates I decided to update the Rom Base in tandem.
    New download link is in the original post!

As a result, the video tutorials are somewhat outdated and will eventually be edited to fit the new changes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2022
    I'm guessing that since it got updated, the old version doesn't work anymore? because i think i have the old version, and it's giving me a error.

Back