• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 8, 2023
Can anyone tell me what the early level limit 4 this?...
My bro played this patch unedited... and hes pokemons refused to obay comands n just around lvl 12... cant get past brock with charmander..

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 17, 2021
Alright, so I'm having two issues in G3HS while editing Mega Evolutions, and I dunno what's causing them:

1. For some reason, I cannot select the Mega Stones that start with the letter L, it doesn't let me, so I cannot assign the correct stones to Latios, Latias and Lucario.
2. Where in the heck is Gallade-M? I didn't see it with G3HS. Unless it's beyond what G3HS can handle, because trying to put the correct number of mons only put it to 1020 or so.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 11, 2020
Greetings,

I used to be a bit of a ROM hacker some years back (When Gen 4 was still being played lol) and I have forgotten a lot. I'm trying to get warmed back into to things and had a nifty little idea for a hack, but I find I'm having a bit of trouble with editing the type chart on this rombase. TEE can find it no problem, but does not allow for custom numbers. Type Resistance Editor goes crazy trying to load the rom. I was wondering if you might have had that laying around somewhere perhaps. if not, I suppose I could go with ye olde method of having two copies and comparing a change using TEE.

Just looking for an easier (*cough cough* Lazier *cough, cough*) way of getting it done.

P.S Thank you for this rombase, it is a perfect starting point for my intended hack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Greetings,

I used to be a bit of a ROM hacker some years back (When Gen 4 was still being played lol) and I have forgotten a lot. I'm trying to get warmed back into to things and had a nifty little idea for a hack, but I find I'm having a bit of trouble with editing the type chart on this rombase. TEE can find it no problem, but does not allow for custom numbers. Type Resistance Editor goes crazy trying to load the rom. I was wondering if you might have had that laying around somewhere perhaps. if not, I suppose I could go with ye olde method of having two copies and comparing a change using TEE.

Just looking for an easier (*cough cough* Lazier *cough, cough*) way of getting it done.

P.S Thank you for this rombase, it is a perfect starting point for my intended hack.

Of COURSE TEE3 can't edit the values of the multipliers! Why would it be able to in the first place??? You'll have to do sme hex if you want to edit the multipliers, and even then if it's not 0x, 0.5x, 1x, or 2x, then it won't give you the right game text when an attack of a certain effectiveness is used, ie changing the Fire>Grass effectiveness to be a 3x damage on Grass would show the game text and sound of a regular hit (and thus the player may believe that there's no bonus in your hack for using fire moves on a Grass mon).

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Quick question: Is egg move/move tutor/other stuff compatibility updated in this ROMBase?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 11, 2020
Of COURSE TEE3 can't edit the values of the multipliers! Why would it be able to in the first place??? You'll have to do sme hex if you want to edit the multipliers, and even then if it's not 0x, 0.5x, 1x, or 2x, then it won't give you the right game text when an attack of a certain effectiveness is used, ie changing the Fire>Grass effectiveness to be a 3x damage on Grass would show the game text and sound of a regular hit (and thus the player may believe that there's no bonus in your hack for using fire moves on a Grass mon).

Worth a shot.
I understand the message won't pop up. The ones most likely to play my hack have played long enough to know the typings- also; I could have sworn someone figured out how to change the type matching numbers so they can show up after you adjust them.... but I would have to figure out where that is.

as for your question, I believe the tutors are, haven't looked at egg moves so much (yet).

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Worth a shot.
I understand the message won't pop up. The ones most likely to play my hack have played long enough to know the typings- also; I could have sworn someone figured out how to change the type matching numbers so they can show up after you adjust them.... but I would have to figure out where that is.

as for your question, I believe the tutors are, haven't looked at egg moves so much (yet).

Here's the thing, those type matchups can (obviously) be changed. Any player who's been playing a lot of ROM hacks would understand that anything can be changed, and that includes the type advantages. OFC they'll always assume the canon ones, which are used in most hacks, but still.

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Version 2.5 will be dropped very soon! V3.0 will likely be awhile, in the making, if ever. Reasons for this is xizqu has taken a break for health reasons, and my attention has shifted towards making Pokemon Wish.
I've been monitoring suggestions and concerns however, and I assure you that V2.5 might as well be considered 3.0 with all I included.

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Version 2.5 will be dropped very soon! V3.0 will likely be awhile, in the making, if ever. Reasons for this is xizqu has taken a break for health reasons, and my attention has shifted towards making Pokemon Wish.
I've been monitoring suggestions and concerns however, and I assure you that V2.5 might as well be considered 3.0 with all I included.

Sorry to bother you, but how exactly do the new method evolutions work in this base rom? I was going to add each method myself, but then I checked the offsets you used and it says:

Spoiler:

The problem is there's literally nothing in any of those offsets. Did you not insert the routines at all? Or did I do something wrong while patching? (I don't see how that can be the case)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
Cannot seem to trigger mega evo's in game, done everything I could find to do so, any help?

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Sorry to bother you, but how exactly do the new method evolutions work in this base rom? I was going to add each method myself, but then I checked the offsets you used and it says:

Spoiler:

The problem is there's literally nothing in any of those offsets. Did you not insert the routines at all? Or did I do something wrong while patching? (I don't see how that can be the case)

This is not included in the current version of the base, and due to issues with pokemon expansion, has been scrapped entirely anyway. I was using the All Other Offsets.txt file to fill in as I went along working on the next version, and I was too lazy to remove the new additions, so I considered it a sneak peek.
Again, due to the fact that evolutions are broken when you expand Pokemon with PGE or G3HS, I removed it anyway so it will not be in the next version.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 8, 2023
Found a minor problem... it seems than everytime you use fly against a weezing the game freezes... always happens against those bikers...

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Found a minor problem... it seems than everytime you use fly against a weezing the game freezes... always happens against those bikers...

I tried to recreate the issue and I noticed it too, but only on Biker Ruben (the leftmost one). All other battles check out.
It seems that the game doesnt actually freeze, but rather the Weezing actually uses a move (Either Sludge or Clear Smog based on my data), and the move misses. The battle halts for a second not displaying this text, and then Fly connects next turn, and the battle continues as normal.
This is a strange anomaly I haven't replicated with any other move or any other biker or Weezing user. Maybe it has something to do with the trainer itself.
Luckily, since this base is for making rom hacks, a simple data repoint most people would do anyway should fix this, as I've seen no issues with move effects, battle mechanics save for this isolated incident.

I will look into it further, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Not sure if this issue has been brought up, there's three tiles on the route below Cerulean that are messed up. This happens as soon as you patch the room and I'm 100% sure my rom is 1.0 and clean. It can be easily fixed on A-Map tho.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
So many times it's been asked... How do you make megas work, in this patch? This has not been answered directly, or clearly, if ever.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
So many times it's been asked... How do you make megas work, in this patch? This has not been answered directly, or clearly, if ever.

If you use G3HS, it's pretty simple. Just assign the Mega Evolution method along with the respective item to the pokémon you want to Mega Evolve into its Mega Form. Then just make the pokémon hold the item and press Start during battle. If you want the pokémon to come back to its original form after the battle, just go to the pokémon's Mega Form in G3HS and assign the Mega Evolution method into its original form but with NO item assigned. If you assign any item, it won't work and it'll become a permanent evolution. If you don't want to use G3HS, I'm afraid I can't help you. Maybe try looking at Touched's thread, it's the same source code.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
If you use G3HS, it's pretty simple. Just assign the Mega Evolution method along with the respective item to the pokémon you want to Mega Evolve into its Mega Form. Then just make the pokémon hold the item and press Start during battle. If you want the pokémon to come back to its original form after the battle, just go to the pokémon's Mega Form in G3HS and assign the Mega Evolution method into its original form but with NO item assigned. If you assign any item, it won't work and it'll become a permanent evolution. If you don't want to use G3HS, I'm afraid I can't help you. Maybe try looking at Touched's thread, it's the same source code.

Ok, and is there anything special about the MEga stones, or are they just regular items? Do I need to add extra stuff if I want to make a new Mega Stone?

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Ok, and is there anything special about the MEga stones, or are they just regular items? Do I need to add extra stuff if I want to make a new Mega Stone?

I don't think so, just make sure to use the same pointers as the other stones. Also, I forgot to mention, to activate the mega evolution you have to run the commands "setvar 0x40FF 0x161" and setvar "0x40EF 0x161" on a script. It's one for the player and the other for the trainers. You also need to make sure the player has purchased the Mega Bracelet.

Back