• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Less use of HMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
  • Am I the only one who has noticed there seems to be less uses of Hms? Sure, there are boulder, and trees with items behind them, but besides that, not many that are mandatory to move on through the game. What do you think?

1.Do you think there are there less uses of HMs this Gen?
    2.Do you like this change in Black and White? Why?

1. Yes I do, as stated above.
    2. I love this change. That means I don't have to carry an HM slave around with me and I don't have to teach Pokemon bad moves that are hard to forget (besides surf, fly, and a few others). Not even Victory road had many Boulders.

Years
  • There was definitely a lot less HM required areas in the game. And I loved it.
    Usually Victory Road is the most irritating spot for HM's but it was a pleasant change not to have to push 10 boulders, and break 10 rocks, etc.

And I highly dislike HM slaves, I use all 6 slots for my team and it's annoying having a pokemon I don't use fill one. ;-;

Rassalon

Epic One
    Years
  • I barely used hm's at all in the story. I think I used cut once. Shame that Dive was used barely at all.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • 1.Do you think there are there less uses of HMs this Gen?
    This is a really dumb question. This isn't a question that will get different answers based on opinions. The answer to this is fact, and the answer is yes. There are less uses of HMs. You don't need them to play the game anymore. You need Cut once. After that, you only need HMs to get into extra locations, get items, and go to short cuts. But you don't NEED them after the Dreamyard.
    2.Do you like this change in Black and White? Why?
    Yes because HMs suck.

Hoohking

Warrior-Poet
    Years
  • 1.) Definitely, Besides the standard Fly and Surf, I didn't really use any HMs at all

2.) I love it with a passion! HMs only got in the way most of the time in all the other games, and though the lack of them made Victory road pathetically easy, I've got no qualms with it :D

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • I hated having to have HMs. The only one that was a decent move was Surf, and I taught my starter that. As for the story, I only used cut one time, and I thats it. Granted I am only at the Pokemon League.

Years
  • The HMs seem pretty pointless now, one of the key characteristics was that you could use them as many times as you want, well you can do that with TMs now, I hope in the next game we see an end to HMs, change them to TMs too so that we can delete the move freely instead of having to travel to the move deleter.

n64benowitz177

Is The Man In The Mirror.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    1. My friends and I believe that the use of cut at the dreamyard is the only required HM move to complete the main story. All the others involved short cuts in most of the areas.

2. I really enjoyed the fact that Hms weren't necessary to complete the story made it easier to change movesets if the need arises.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    We've already got a thread covering this, right here. :(

Less use of HMs?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back