• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] 'Let's Go' As A Separate Pokemon Series?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • I personally don't mind if Let's Go series branched off and have a footing as a separate series while core Pok?mon games are still released, because I'm sure that if there are different games that caters to both casual and competitive side of gamers, it'll be a win-win situation. However, I also hope that there will be some remakes that are part of core games as well.

Last edited:

Fruitcakke

Gengar-Certified
    Years
  • I personally don't mind if Let's Go series branched off and have a footing as a separate series while core Pok?mon games are still released, because I'm sure that if there are different games that caters to both casual and competitive side of gamers, it'll be a win-win situation. However, I also hope that there will be some remakes that are part of core games as well.

I totally agree! It'd be nice to see a new spin-off series rise. Even though it does seem simple and for new Pokemon fans, I think I'll always give them a play- it IS Pokemon after all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    I think it would be interesting if there's a casual branch. Perhaps then Game Freak will feel more free to make the core games the best they can be and address the concerns of the community as a whole without concern for losing out on part of the demographic. Personally I'd probably end up just watching a let's play on youtube, but it could work.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'd be on board with this if only to have Cherrim following me around in Sinnoh.

But seriously, if the games are fun, I wouldn't mind more of them. I'd rather they be more original titles than rehashes of games we've played a bunch of times already. I'm hoping this game is less of a Yellow remake and more of an homage to it, with a different formula than usual.

Eresse

Gladion Trash
    Years
  • I'd be on board with this if only to have Cherrim following me around in Sinnoh.

But seriously, if the games are fun, I wouldn't mind more of them. I'd rather they be more original titles than rehashes of games we've played a bunch of times already. I'm hoping this game is less of a Yellow remake and more of an homage to it, with a different formula than usual.
    We've had so many remakes, and Kanto has shown up in so many games across several generations, that it's just boring to go through the same old Kanto again. I'd love to see Kanto reimagined at one point, and I'd be glad if these games would be the ones to do it.

Years
  • I kiiiinda hope LGPE is the only game of it's kind, to be quite honest.

How Game Freak should've done it is just release a Hey, You Pikachu-esque game; not only is it not dependent on region in particular, Game Freak/Creatures/Nintendo could easily send out free DLC whenever they're ready just for Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/etc support.

This is likely to be a one time thing to get casual Go fans to buy a Switch just to get excited for subsequent Pokemon games.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    If the gen 8 games end up being the "games of our dreams," full of content, appropriate difficulty, good story, and NOT like the "standard first games of a gen," then I'll say this was worth it. But if we end up with another XY or SM or DP, etc. as our first gen 8 games, then there's no point in splitting the games between "casual" and "hardcore."

I agree with the people who say DPP remakes should NOT be in this style as well. But something I wonder is how they can keep this up outside of Kanto. What two starter Pokémon can they use for gen 2? Espeon and Umbreon? What about gen 3, Plusle and Minun? It starts to sound silly. If they go back to "mascot legendaries" (Let's Go... Lugia and Ho-oh? Are we really going with them?), how will they handle your starter? Would you just never be able to evolve your Turtwig, your Treecko?

Last edited:
    Back