• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Make a Zombie Baseball Team!

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Congratulations, you have survived the first outbreak of the zombie virus. Most everyone in the world is now a zombie. You, you were smart, you stayed inside while everyone else Tokyo race drifted to a rap battle, or whatever it is people do when they go outside. So here you are, alone in your house. Outside there are zombies, the occasional person passing by on the street trying to survive the zombies, and chunky, fleshy, bloody meat bits. What do you do? Write a story if you wish XD

Note: If you don't have a house, or are one of those people that DO go outside, you may pick an appropriate, reasonable starting location.
    Note 2: These aren't L4D zombies, they don't run and there are no "special" zombies, though there is technically an alpha zombie, though no are real differences between the alpha and the normal zombies.

Rules of Survival:
    Invasion Type: This is a viral zombie invasion. This means that the zombie virus is spread primarily through bites, though can occasionally be spread through different means. [see STD and ways to spread them]
    Zombie Characteristics: The zombies are the slow moving stumbling types. The place to kill the zombie is via the head. Smash it in, shoot it off, whatever. Hitting the legs will serve to slow a zombie down, but it will still go after you, albeit very slowly. Zombies will react to sounds, and will start moving in the direction of the sound made. Louder sounds trump smaller sounds. Zombies lit on fire cannot put themselves out. Zombies also can't swim, and are assumed to be as good as dead in the water (that doesn't mean go for a swim, they're still alive until the water pressure kills them). Assume zombies are easy to tell apart from non-infected humans, though humans in the process of being infected still look human. Oh, and zombies can't be reasoned with, very much like velociraptors.
    Outside Characteristics: Pretty much all stores have been shut down due to the zombie invasion. Glass is very breakable, but can also attract attention from the zombies in the area. The military has "safe areas" set up that will probably be scattered all over, though safety isn't assured. Zombies do not know how to break into houses, and are assumed to attempt to take the path that the human entered through. Zombies will only follow, and do not know you are in a building without prior knowledge of you entering said building via loud noise, or you being in the area. There may, however, be zombies inside the building.
    Weapons: Weapons should be reasonable for the location you are in/going to. Assume realism when attempting to use firearms, and that the sound of firing a non-silenced shot will attract zombies in the area.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I think The Devil Wears Prada's new song is perfect for this. ;D
    Spoiler:

I'd find a bat and hit them in the face with it. A metal bat, to be specific.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Can't we just grow a anti-zombie mutant garden and make music videos instead?

I'd take the family car and my rifle, pistol, and swordbreaker into downtown Dallas. Ammo and emergency supplies are implied. Then, clear out a multiple-floor office building (entering through a window accessible by fire escape) and use what people have left there to put out a lasting form of communication, which hopefully brushes with somebody else's so's I could join up with them before my supplies run out.

Or I'd huddle together with my family and we'd do what we could to live or escape before saying prayers and eventually dying. \o/
    I'd call myself a realist, but we're talking about zombies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I'd stay in my house. Lock all of the doors and windows, shut the blinds. You know, the usual. Then I'd get on the internet, contact people so that they know where I am and then wait to get rescued. :D

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I'd find the nearest variety farmer and move in with him. There aren't likely to be zombies around and it's the only place where I could last without running out of food. I'd help him build trenches around his place and we'd be fine for many years. If there's a military outpost nearby, I'd make a break for that instead, though.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    I would be in my kitchen. I would break my stove and turn on the lighter, filling the house with gas.

Then, I would draw all the zombies I could into my house (Making noise by playing Inner Universe by ORIGA, just for badassery), and then strike a match, sacrificing myself to kill all the zombies in the area.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Man, the populace of the UK would be screwed if there was a zombie outbreak. With the exception of military bases and the countryside, there isn't an abundance of guns. I guess we could use high-powered slingshots as long-range weapons, but I'm guessing those don't have the same feel to them. :|

I'd use my research skills to find out which area of the UK was the least-affected/had the least population (probably somewhere up in Scotland) and set out for there in my trusty Volkswagen Polo, picking up my BFF Fiona on the way. Obviously I would take weapons and food with me, and simply hope to survive the trip. :U

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Wow, we're done for.
    No one has guns up here D:

And I live in a calm suburb, near a forest.. On the top floor of a tall building.

...Wait, this could turn out good.

If I stay in there, with our life supply of fast noodles, I might survive quite long :D
    And almost everyone here are old people, so 1) There aren't many to follow into buildings, and 2) the zombies ought to be of very bad quality.

I'll just wait it out.. Or more probably, die.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    This is kinda like I Am Legend.
    I'd probably run into one of the abandoned apartments since I live in downtown area. Plus, firearms won't be a problem since there is a police station and mostly every house around here owns one or two (Even kids my age own them o.o) so I won't need to worry about that. All I'd need to worry about is food, which I would stay in a food factorys basement. :3

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'd do almost the same things Will Smith did in his movie ;o
    I'd probably go hide in my basement or go outside with a baseball bat and rattle some heads :D Or die cold and slowly, after all, we're all 'prolly going to die anyway. The zombies will eventually bite us all.
    ..Or maybe I'd get bitten and enjoy the zombie experience .__.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'd probably just give up and realize that I'm totally screwed.

:( Early last year, I was plagued with zombie invasion dreams almost every night, which sounds wicked-cool but it actually made me realize just how awful my house (or homes at the time) were for barricading myself in or fending off zombies of any type. ;_; I'm not athletic, I don't really have any strength (nor any weapons save blunt objects like a rake or a bat or something). :( So I'd pretty much be a lost cause. Even if I were in a group, I'd just slow them down. More of a liability than anything.

So I'd just stay in my home with doors locked, windows nailed shut and hope the whole thing just passes over and my internet stays connected. XD

Years
    Man, the populace of the UK would be screwed if there was a zombie outbreak. With the exception of military bases and the countryside, there isn't an abundance of guns. I guess we could use high-powered slingshots as long-range weapons, but I'm guessing those don't have the same feel to them. :|

No we wouldn't! XD
    We have IKEA :3

That place is a complete fortress. I use to work there and the store that I was in had huge fire doors that are 5 inches thick of pure metal.
    Also, it has its own food court, so sorted! XD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I can't see myself giving up on life and become a zombie. I also can't see myself committing suicide either. My body just won't let me do it. If I can't find a shelter, then I'd just run. I would run far away. There must still be a place on Earth where there isn't any human habitation, excluding Antarctica. I would keep on resisting them until the day I die of old age. If all the remaining humans continue to fight, then I'm sure one day we shall all prevail against the zombie epidemic/pandemic.

One of the many preferable places I would like to stay in is a farm.. I would have to be crazy to stay in my house to fight zombies. I'm not Will Smith. A farm can give me enough food to survive enough to take out the zombies in the area. The survivors can all settle there for the time being. We can then patrol around the farm and protect it. Perhaps after a few years of struggling against the zombies of that area, we could finally spread around more. A military base would also be ideal. With the assistance of others, we can wipe out countless zombies at once. All we need is experienced pilots and veterans. They would teach us how to use some of the weapons properly. There might also be food in the military base. If aerial assault isn't possible, then we can always just go out there and snipe them down. This process would be slower, but what's great about this is that the zombies won't know where it came from. Even if one does see us, we can always snipe that one down as well.

The hard part in this is that I might have to take down any of my friends or loved ones who had transformed. I might have to ask someone else to do it, because I can't face myself if I know that I killed my best friend, even if he is now a zombie.

My weapons of choice would be a machete and steel bat. If I'm lucky, then it would be a sniper. I can just hide somewhere while just firing rounds after rounds at the unsuspecting zombies. With the steel bat, all I need is endurance and stamina. It takes a lot to whack someone's head off. A machete is really risky, because I have to get close before cutting off his or her head. I can still always rely on archery if everything else fails. It's not that hard to use a bow. I would need more practice, however, if I ever want to take down a zombie with one shot.

Back