• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Play Pokemon Snakewood! Chapter 1

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
    Years
    01b0560da0634e85bc164f7445dbe7a9_r.png

(Originally posted on August 15th, 2015 - god damn that feels like such a far away time. The reason being that this and Aria of Sorrow were never on the blogs, which always felt odd to me... plus this might as well be a brand new experience while I finish off Sailor Moon: Another Story (#6) and save Pokemon Emerald (#8) for 2019.)

Oh goodness, what do we have here?

Pokemon Snakewood is a Ruby rom hack released in 2010 or so by a man called Cutlerine. It's a hack where Hoenn is overrun with zombies and the entire region is falling apart. When I first saw this, I thought it was going to be rad because the concept was promising. However, from either trying too much or trying too hard, Cutlerine's hack manages to get really... weird. I mean it's all over the place.

Ever since then, I've been enchanted by Snakewood's strangeness but I've never quite tried it myself. By the way, this is the first screenshot let's play I've ever done and it was inspired by the likes over at the LP Archive.

So buckle your safety belts, fellow PC members, because this is going to be a rollercoaster of crazy.

Chapter 1 - Intro
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler:

Back