• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Brainstorming & Discussion Thread

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
Years
I'm sorta knew to LPs, but it's something that I really want to do in the future. I want to do it as a pair of players (hosts?) rather than just playing games myself. Anyone thought of doing this, or are currently doing this?

I would assume commentary would come more naturally as it's two people having a conversation and hanging out. More of a casual atmosphere. Of course there would be a ton of luck involved in finding the right person and getting the right social chemistry between the two of us. I know about the debate about Jon versus Dan in GameGrumps, and I love both of them, but that's an example of how drastically a show might change depending on its hosts. The great thing is that one player might have played the game of focus before, while maybe the other hasn't. So (like in GG) one player might be teaching the other about it and reminiscing about it, while the other can act innocent and amazed. Thoughts?

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
I'm sorta knew to LPs, but it's something that I really want to do in the future. I want to do it as a pair of players (hosts?) rather than just playing games myself. Anyone thought of doing this, or are currently doing this?

I would assume commentary would come more naturally as it's two people having a conversation and hanging out. More of a casual atmosphere. Of course there would be a ton of luck involved in finding the right person and getting the right social chemistry between the two of us. I know about the debate about Jon versus Dan in GameGrumps, and I love both of them, but that's an example of how drastically a show might change depending on its hosts. The great thing is that one player might have played the game of focus before, while maybe the other hasn't. So (like in GG) one player might be teaching the other about it and reminiscing about it, while the other can act innocent and amazed. Thoughts?

Surprising. I came to this thread to post about my plan/idea.. and it matches with yours :P
Me and a friend of mine thought of playing Pokemon gba games (hacks mostly) while commentating on it with different challenges and starters.
We'll have set up some kind of "score scheme" and basically we'll compete with each other to complete the whole game in as less in-game time as possible.
We don't live in the same city so it'll be like a transition like a 'meanwhile-what-the-other-player-is-upto' kinda thing at last edited and made into one good watchable interesting piece of a video. #ideaispatented #dontsteal :P

Years
Would Xbox 360 Headset work on PC for recording Audio?

Hey Pokémon Trainers our Microphone broke, we're looking into getting a Samson Go Mic Portable USB Condenser Microphone since we're on a budget.
But for now we where wondering if using an Xbox 360 Mic would work on PC to record Audio?
Bad start attempting to do Nuzlockes and such.

Back