• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's see, this patient seems to have: Sludge Bomb, Gyro Ball and well, not much else

Years
    A diagnosis otherwise known by the fan community as "moveset syndrome", certain Pokemon actually lack a list of moves, to take 4 quality ones from. Have you ever raised a Pokemon like this, and were you able to compile a quality set out of its moves, and if so, what moveset was it given? I've raised a Weezing before, Sludge and Shadow Ball were really the only powerful attacking moves that I could give it, at the time. I believe I gave it Toxic and Memento as filler moves, nevertheless, that Weezing went on to sweep Agatha, therefore disproving my longtime theory that a Pokemon needed 4 powerful attacking/boosting moves to be useful.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    The Gardobor you see in my signature. I'm trying to make a good moveset for it, especially one that makes use of its impressive ATK stat, but as of right now (lv.37), he's stuck with [Toxic Spikes/Toxic/Stockpile/Sludge Bomb] and is used for Toxicstalling. He's one of my favorite GenV pokemon designwise, but man is his movepool shallow. Looking at bulbapedia, the only decent physical attack he gets is Gunk Shot, and that suffers from lol70accuracy disorder. XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The Galvantula on my team in Black - which I am trying desperately to get rid of - currently has Elecro Ball, Electroweb, Signal Beam and Screech. Electro Ball is so dependent on the opponent's speed that it's not heavily reliable; Elecroweb is just kinda crappy; Signal Beam is good, but not really used that much, and Screech is... well, Screech. I know the good moves come later, like Discharge and Buzz, but add all of this to the fact that its so brittle and there's a reason why I'm desperately trying to find a replacement for it on my team. Poor Zebstrika... COME BACK TO ME!

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    Other than Quiver Dance, Lilligant doesn't have the best movepool, and she cannot learn many moves of other types except dream eater and Hidden Power. I certainly hope Lilligant receives a better movepool in the future, so she can use moves like sludge bomb, or shadow ball. However, her lack of a good movepool is compensated by a large amount of special attack(350 at lvl 100).

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    My Klinklang in White is really lacking powerful moves ;o;

Currently only knowing; Mirror Shot, Shift Gear, Thunderbolt, Charge beam.

Not exactly the most diverse movepool ever u_u.

It's a shame really, it has really good base stats.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I had a hard time with Vanilluxe in White. That movepool is awful. It learns Ice moves and like...Mirror Shot. Why? I ran mine with Ice Beam, Flash Cannon, Hail, and...Blizzard. I hate Blizzard. :| But along with Hail, it didn't miss, and Vanilluxe's ability is nice for Hail, so eh. It could have been worse.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Kyurem was partially hard. It couldn't learn the moves I wanted it to. But I think that's about it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My planned Samurott moveset may undergo some changes because most of the Pokemon I've been battling in B/W with it give out Attack EVs. I'm not even sure if I still should include Grass Knot and Ice Beam/Blizzard and opt for Waterfall as a STAB in place of Surf.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    The Lilligant that I used in my Pokemon White had a terrible moveset for attacking moves. But it only needed Giga Drain to sweep because it also had Leech Seed, Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance, which was almost the same moveset that my Jumpluff I used in my Ultimate Flying Monotype had. Another one was the Victreebel in my St. Patrick's day challenge. It had Return and Razor Leaf as attacking moves and Sleep Powder and Attract as support. I would've used Sludge Bomb but that was only obtainable after the Pokemon League so it was out of the question.

Back