• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Let's share the positivity

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
  • I already asked about your own favourite character.

BUT

What about a favourite character that someone else is playing? Let's share the characters you liked that were (or are) played by others! This can be either in a RP or TTRPG (DnD for example)!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • im not playing favorites ok i could talk forever about all my players' chars

but!! big shoutout to cube's miranda lockhart because she brings in a very specific brand of chaos and is very fun to watch do literally anything! and i think cube has her voice and attitude down rlly well :D a fourteen year old runaway who cant read and can't get her pokémon to listen and is angry about literally everything but specifically things that are either unjust or that she thinks are insensible... love that. love her. good job haley 👍👍👍

Years
  • If I started listing all my favourites, we'd be here forever.

I'll throw out a couple though.

Simon Pearburgh, played by Foxrally in Spear. My love for this character is well-documented. Take your standard underdog shounen anime protag, then give them buckets upon buckets of depth and write them super well. There you have Spear's resident Bug trainer. This character has gone through so much and developed a lot, but he never stops feeling like Simon. That's how you do character development right. His posts are always a great read.

Pia McGuire, played by PinkSapphire in Spear. Pia is a very emotionally layered character and it's been fascinated seeing her explored. She's someone with arguably dubious motivations, who tends to see herself as the villain, but who consistently ends up doing the right thing because she's too kind of a person not to. She's a very interesting character to see grow because she could end up in so many different places.

Drell, played by Turnip in Atria. Drell is great comic relief. She's a perpetual liar and braggart (and also a gigantic lizard woman) who started out looking like she was going to be one of the cast's chaotic misfit characters. As the plot has gone on though, she's found herself very reluctantly pushed into the role of "the voice of reason" a lot of the time. Mostly because nobody else is going to do it and the rest of the cast are in desperate need of one. Few things bring me as much joy as watching Drell's frustration at having to be the mature one.

Krum, played by Murkmire in a D&D game. Krum is a big buff minotaur barbarian with violent tendencies. He's also weirdly wholesome. He gets along very well with pretty much everyone in the cast and has developed a close personal relationship with a sentient pickaxe called Rocksplitter who he is trying to teach to be less destructive... despite being a force of chaos and destruction himself. He tucks the pickaxe into bed every night. It's amazing. He's also a terrible liar, but I don't think he knows he is.

Krusk, played by Groc. Another big lizard! Another barbarian! Krusk is a trandoshian himbo played by Groc in a Star Wars 5e campaign. He's an idiot who has no idea how anything works and he's a little too quick to consume the fingers of a fallen foe. He's also the most cheerful person in the group by far who gets along with literally everyone and who exists in a perpetual struggle between light and dark, aided in it more by an unconscious padawan he looks after than by any of the actual party. Oh yeah, he takes care of this comatose kid we found. Weirdly, despite having the brains of an inanimate object, Krusk has also proven to be one of the most successful negotiators in the group.

Aik, played by Jay in a D&D game. I love this guy, even if he is going through his dark arc a little earlier than Jay might have planned (sorry). I find the idea of a changeling who despises the notion of becoming other people very interesting. He's a character who can simultaneously be anyone and feels like he's nobody. He's desperate to figure out who he himself is as a person, even though most people seem to have a pretty well-defined idea of him. Bonus points for being very anti-persecution after his own experiences. He's the sort of person who had it rough and will go to extreme lengths to protect others from the same.

I'll come back later because there's so many more characters you guys have all played that I think are amazing.

Last edited:
    Back