• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Level Curve

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2020
    One thing that can make or break a hack is the level curve. You generally want to make the wild Pokemon, random npc trainers, and most of all, the rival battles, Gym Leaders, and other noteworthy battles maintain a steady difficulty curves, while also making opponents steadily get stronger and keep a sense of progress for reoccurring battles, like with rivals. You don't want to make things too easy, but it is also good to avoid sudden difficulty spikes. What do you do to maintain a steady level curve?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I've got no specific formula for this, but I try to adjust difficulty/levels as I play. Of course that's never really accurate, so feedback from people who have played or beta tested it is very helpful. If people complain about something being too difficult, I try to lower the levels by a bit. I wouldn't want to make my hack too easy as challenging parts can be rewarding, but from my experience, a hack is generally more enjoyable if it's on the easier side. For people who like a challenge, you can make up for this by including optional, harder battles with good rewards.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    All i can say it should be easy early. i have played several hacks here and notice that the initial playing curve is really hard, since moveset are still shallow. i suggest that the grinding should be in the tail end of the game and there should not be a huge spike in level but in items, movesets and opponents.

Back