• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LF guys interested in creating RP Pokemon game

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 20, 2015
    Currently working on a game that incorporates the D&D style of RP and the world of pokemon

I'm trying to create it to be as close to original games as possible but to work on a much larger scale like the anime. I'd want to allow players as much freedom as possible and while the main system uses dice rolls, I would like the DM and players to feel in control by not following a set story or adventure.

I'm currently in a very early stage and still just trying to see what works and racking my head around how to do battles. (please help) Being 18 now means I get to enjoy the wonders of having a job and I struggle to find time to work on this so I really need help and to being able to bounce ideas off people would really help.

Overall i'm looking for someone who can help work out the best way to make this game as fun and enjoyable as possible
    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FULLY COMMIT TO THIS

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sounds really fun :o I don't think I could help much, but I can at least suggest that you also make a thread on this in the Pokémon General section! Since it is sort of a misc pokemon topic, it might be suitable there and a lot of people check that place so you'll increase your chances of getting help. Good luck!

Years
    ...hmm I have an idea for battle sequencing. Try and make it similar to a final fantasy sequence where each character has a time to attack based on pp for strong attacks. Possibly add damage and energy counters to it as well....

Also add base strength courage stealth abilities that can increase as the game progresses allowing more choices to be made in a game such as using a high stealth to sneak around an enemy rather than confront it.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 20, 2015
    My first idea is that in a fight you have these as your pokemons main stats
    (Examples)

HP:50
    Attack:8
    Defense:10
    Special Attack:5
    Special Defense:11
    Speed:5

Your attack damage will be based on what your attack value is (special if its a special move) plus your moves base damage for example 5 and then a roll to see if you get a crit which is plus 3 damage (not sure about 3 just using it for testing purposes).

So if you got a crit on a base 5 attack you would do 16 damage.
    The opponent would then minus their defense (or special defense) away from this to see how much damage was done. So if they had 7 defense the attack would do 9 damage.

There would be modifiers to also alter the attack damage such as items.
    Speed would determine who moves first.

Any buff moves would add 1 to the correct stat per level. e.g. growl would remove one damage.

Back