• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Liars and Cheaters.

Do you cheat?

• Hell yeah! It's what makes a game fun!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Nope. I hate cheating, it takes out all of the fun!

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Nakala Pri

Do you use cheats in games? Like in GTA 4 you can lose the cops, get yourself a motorbike, all kinds, really,

I usually don't bother with cheats, I play the game how it's supposed to be played, but if that way is the horrible way, then I cheat my way to hell. >:D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For most games, I use cheat codes only when I'm done with their storyline. If you use cheats before you finish a game, then it usually just makes the difficulty too easy for you. You'll be having a less interesting gameplay experience in the end.

The only game that I've cheated on without finishing the story was Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City. One of the codes allowed you to spawn a tank right in front of you, and I just had to get my hands on it. It was extremely fun to use the tank, because it enabled you to destroy anything that got in your way. As long as you were in this vehicle, you were invincible. =)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Depends on what kind of game it is, if its Saints Row yeah I might use the zombie cheats cause they are fun. But if it comes to games like ArmA 2 with hacks nah not really I like playing with just a glock 18

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Depends on the game. It's kind of funny when games give me unlockable cheats because the moral dilemma as to whether or not I should use them is incredible. On the one hand I DID go through the trouble of unlocking them, but on the other hand they're cheats. Jak 3 instantly pops into my mind. It took all of my restraint to not use any of the cheats, but nowadays I use the gun upgrade ones because gun upgrades are pretty common.

In GTA games I'll use cheats after I finish the main story because I need fuel for my rampage.

Years
  • I usually use cheat codes after I've beaten the game already. Many NES games with Game genie provide different, fascinating experiences.

Colfer

Up, Up and Away
    Years
  • Only for Gta and Saints Row I mean only cause I really like to get my guns quick and go blowing out someone knees but if its not one of those nope.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • It depends on the game. GTA, Simpsons Hit and Run and Sims are three games I use cheats for :) I like to be able to have a bit of fun playing, but that's only when I'm not actually playing seriously: I've played the Sims and unlocked abolutely everything and then have been bored because I've nothing to do, so I've learned from that :P

Years
  • It can be a moral dilemma for some. As for me, I don't really use them unless it's only ME who gets the fun out of it. Cheats implemented in games are fine because I see it as the developers wanting us to discover something to have more fun with, usually at the expense of not enjoying the gameplay as much as we would without them. Then there's the Eyedol cheat in Killer Instinct. Now THAT is awesome.

Years
  • It depends what cheats we're talking about. I don't like using cheats in order to beat games; to me that takes away the entire point of playing it.
    Instead, if I use cheats, they're mostly just for fun; a personal favourite of mine is using 'moon jumps' in Super Mario 64 DS using Action Replay. I love using cheats in that way, to explore games and maybe glitch them.

Years
  • Game dependent. Myself, I don't find a problem with using cheats at all as long as it doesn't ruin the experiences of someone else who's playing.

besides, I knew what I signed up for when I started using cheats. If it came to a point where I don't want to make the game non-challenging, then I just....don't use the cheat.

Jak 3 instantly pops into my mind. It took all of my restraint to not use any of the cheats, but nowadays I use the gun upgrade ones because gun upgrades are pretty common.

Wouldn't this not truly count, since you have to EARN the cheats? Jak 3 IIRC didn't really give you access to the game breaking cheats until near the endgame/after the endgame anyway.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I look down on people that cheat for everything in a game, as that ruins the purpose and in my opinion saps all of the fun from the game. In some cases, though, it's acceptable and can be fun as well. I love playing around with various cheats when I've completed the game just to explore the areas that weren't supposed to be reach, go on bouts in the sky, or whatever the codes offer.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Cheating is a dynamic thing for me; each game works differently.

For Pokemon games, I cheat like hell. I despise training and battling because it takes so long, and I hate losing, so EXP gain codes and inf. health codes are common. On the DS games like Pokemon Black, I'll use codes that increase walking/text speed because they don't have the best performance on my laptop and I'll be damned if I have to wait :x

For games that are primarily gaming and have a less linear and enforced storyline, like platformers and side-scrollers, I more or less don't cheat unless I just can't beat a specific part. A game that comes to mind right now is Super Princess Peach. I often lose health in that game because I just suck at it in general, so I usually use a code to give me inf. health. On a game like the Adventure Time DS Game, that one's super easy so I needed no cheats for it at all.

I personally feel like cheating can positively enhance your gaming experience as long as you use it in moderation. Ex: Whenever I play Path of the Ninja 2, I usually just hack in weapons and stuff so I can experience the storyline faster without having to worry about losing and getting sent back to a save point. For me, storyline is extremely important, and I don't like waiting around to progress through it. Games that have a lot of open time between major events that you're supposed to use for "training", like Pokemon, bug me because there's just so little chance of actually progressing unless you do the training like you're supposed to, which can take quite a while if you're like me and just don't feel like doing it. That's usually when I start cheating. Games that don't need training or have a different stat-increasing system, I love those, and rarely cheat on them because it's easier to level up and you don't need to do it to keep going forward.

So yeah, it's entirely dependent on what I play. But usually, I can make it through a game fairly.

Nakala Pri

Yeah, cheats should be used for the more crappier/GTA -like games. Not stuff like Eternal Sonata and Final Fantasy. Not even sure there are cheats for those games, haha. c:

Years
  • If I do decide I am going to use any cheats in a game, I'll wait until I've finished the main story (if there is one, anyway). I always find that it takes away from the experience if you're somehow making the game easier to beat, which I why I don't really use them. After I've done everything, though, it's fair game, especially when it comes to unlockables and whatnot.

Younger me, though, was absolutely fascinated my cheats, and things like GameShark and Action Replay. I didn't care what effects it had on the game, but if there was a cheat to be used, I probably used it, haha.

Back