• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life Stream Dragon

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
  • To be honest I am a little disapointed with Life Stream Dragon

https://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Life_Stream_Dragon

I understand why it is 1 tuner + power tool but it makes it much harder to summon and it's effect relies on power tool using a few equips not to meantion that without heavy storm this doesn't happen much. Also it is completely pointless to make it a tuner. Who needs a lv 8 tuner.

It's effect damage negation is meh but i would rather have PMD on the feild instead. Anyway that is my main rant anyone else got an opinion on this?

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • It is not bad... just not very good. It suffers from the same flaw as Blackfeather Dragon in that it deals mostly with effect damage. Its secondary anti-destruction effect should be able to be utilized easily however as long as you play with Power Tool out for a few turns, and its LP-gain effect isn't so horrible as you think it is.

Lockmaster24

Years
  • I know it isn't bad it just has many useless effects. the lp gain is wasted early in the duel, it does not need to be a tuner and without equips in the graveyard it just doesn't seem as threatening. Also it is the only signer dragon with conditions, even black winged dragon doesn't have conditions

Cirrus

Years
  • You're playing Power Tool in the same deck. Of course you're going to have at least 1-2 equip cards in the graveyard. The thing is if you thought Power Tool was underwhelming, then this card isn't that much of an upgrade, either, so don't get your hopes too high about it. Strictly speaking even though this is a Signer Dragon it is more of an upgrade to the pseudo-Dragon, Power Tool Dragon, so you need to have the latter be good first for you to play the former (and we all know that Power Tool is pretty bad in a deck without a game plan for it).

Years
  • This made me laugh quite a lot. The only good thing about this card is no effect damage, which is great and all, but still, 8*'s and not even something really good that can turn the duel around? 4000 LP gain is good, but what if it was early? Something great lost.

Equip spell effect made me laugh as well, not many people use equips, because, when a monster is destroyed the equip spell is lost as well, and no one want's to lose 2 cards, so equips aren't seeing much play.

And finally, Synchro Tuner. What. Seriously, what can this thing Synchro Summon? Not much, I can tell you that.

And finally, 1 tuner + Power Tool Dragon? Are you kidding me?

I think this isn't a great card at all, something useful for beginners or life-gaining decks but still I wouldn't use it.

Cirrus

Years
  • Goddammit guys. Have you seen RECIPRO DRAGONFLY?

THAT + THIS = AWESOME.

Consider the other cards in the set too. THAT might be part of the reason why this is a Synchro Tuner (we actually have low-level Synchro monsters).

Lockmaster24

Years
  • Yeah, Lifestream + Recipro Dragonfly = Tech Genus Halberd Cannon. And that thing's awesome.
    no it doesn't. Halberd cannon requires two other synchro monsters you need 2 Recipro Dragon Fly plus Life stream. may as well use Formula Synchro, andriod and catastor

Lockmaster24

Years
  • why not just sync balde blaster. But you may as well use formula synchron as it doesn't have the sync on the opponents turn effect. which is another thing that disappointed me

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
  • O I sooooooo want those tech genius cards and his weird little speech before synchroing is strange but cool.

It's finally the time that morphtronics return!, SYNCHRO SUMMON!!
    LIFE STREAM DRAGON!!!

But life is a beauty howl- what a stupid name for an attack, shoulda been something cool like absolute powerforce or burning soul but just not that, seriously. Tut tut tut

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Life Stream Dragon isn't that good, but I'm testing out its feasibility. But, yeah, I was disappointed with its attack: Life is a Beauty Howl. What is that?
    Tech Genus does sound like an incredible deck force, but lets just wait for that.
    Life Stream is disappointing that it is just a slight upgrade from Power Tool, and the level 8 tuner, could be useful in certain situations, but not many. Basically, I won't be adding this to my ultra rare collection of signer dragons xD

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
  • Nor firestar, will I be adding it to my beautiful collection of secret rare everything. Brionac, Decisive armor, catastor and urbellum deserve better company than this!!

Cirrus

Years
  • If Wonder Magician were like Formula Synchron, Tech Genus would be utterly broken. (WELL NOT THAT IT ISN'T ALREADY... GOOD JOB KONAMI, WTF) Hyper Librarian makes up many faults a powerful Synchro-focused deck could have. And I did say that Life Stream Dragon was... only usable in decks that wanted to hit Power Tool when they made 7s.

Life Stream Dragon + Dragonfly's effect = level 1 Tuner + Power Tool Dragon = +1 Equip + Blade Blaster. But I suppose that is part of the awesomeness of Dragonfly.

The attack name is a play on Life is Beautiful (obv).

Back