• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Like Reaching for the Sun - OOC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Because it seems like you can't really make a respectable RP these days without including one of these. So yes, any and all questions, comments and general drabble about this RP or anything even vaguely related to it goes in this thread from hereon out. Should I have any announcements to make, I will also make them here, so for those of you who have been accepted: check this thread out every once in a while. Saves a lot of confusion for all concerned.

Final list of approved members
    Alter Ego
    Chabz
    Got-a-Plan-B
    Gummy
    Ibuberu
    Kansas
    Kogenta
    Phanima
    Thesis

For those still pending approval: you now have 24 hours and 15 minutes to fix up your profiles, unless you can give me a very convincing reason to extend the timeline further. As much as I hate to rush this process, I do want to start this eventually. XD

EDITED CORRECTION: Strike that, your time is out because I say so and that's that. The cast of nine is now assembled, and thus no further sign-ups will be accepted. That is all.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Your RP master transcendental powers are no match for my position as critic over you once you get around to actually posting a chapter of your fanfic, AE. *lightning bolt'd*

Yeah, so, question- When our characters are eliminated do they temporarily leave the island or something, or is there really no penalty for elimination beyond not being allowed to compete in the tournament? I mean, I know you said that eliminated characters will wind up having some significance to the plot, but I want to be sure that we're on the same wavelength about that. :3

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    -looks around, trying to be all sneaky. Closes in and then leaps!-

AHA! I AM THE FIRST PERSON TO POST IN THE OCC!!!!! Well besides Alter Ego, but sorry to say, in my book, YOU don't count cause its your RP. So mwhahahahaha!!!

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THESIS HOW COULD YOU?!!?!?!?!?!!? -cries-

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Easy, love. I'm Captain Thesis! *insert PoTC theme music here*

....yeah, my Jack Sparrow impression really isn't as funny unless I'm doing it in person. And before you ask, I know that you're male.

And continuing with the PoTC references.... *ahem* Mr. Alter Ego's Parrot... same question?

... This post is so borderline spam it isn't funny. *prepares to be chastised*

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Are we still allowed to post here even if we were yet to be accepted?

Oh well, because I'm posting here to tell you that I am finally finished with my sign-up. Take that, 24 hour deadline!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Your RP master transcendental powers are no match for my position as critic over you once you get around to actually posting a chapter of your fanfic, AE. *lightning bolt'd*

Pfft, even in this instance your powers would be nothing but a mere unit vector pointing towards the general direction of the position I hold over yours.

Plus, I clobbered a Magical Explosion deck on wi-fi just now, so I win.

And I should so stop it with the math terminology before I go completely out of my depth. XD

... This post is so borderline spam it isn't funny. *prepares to be chastised*

Well, I did encourage you people to say something that you thought would make you sound smart and/or funny, so I suppose I can't chastise. I may quirk my eyebrow in a disapproving fashion that will make you feel deep shame over you actions the likes of which is usually only associated with grown-ups playing children's card games, however. *Quirks eyebrow*

Ogawd, I'm beginning to channel Tacey here. o.o Quick! Hide the tea!

Yeah, so, question- When our characters are eliminated do they temporarily leave the island or something, or is there really no penalty for elimination beyond not being allowed to compete in the tournament? I mean, I know you said that eliminated characters will wind up having some significance to the plot, but I want to be sure that we're on the same wavelength about that. :3

No, being disqualified does not equal exile from the island, unless the circumstances (like, you know, being caught in the midst of indiscriminately massacring your fellow competitors or something...NOT THAT I HAVE PLANNED FOR THAT TO HAPPEN) or ego of the character in question decrees otherwise. A disqualified character could still stay as a spectator, keep in touch with any friends/acquaintances from the remaining competitors (or plot vengeance, according to personal preference) and of course still poke into anything...out-of-the-ordinary that they may encounter. Really, though, until we reach something like finals or semi-finals stage then the whole disqualification thing won't be applied to any but severe rulebreakers/underperformers...unless someone has a burning desire to be dropped out of the tournament, of course. XD

Are we still allowed to post here even if we were yet to be accepted?

Oh well, because I'm posting here to tell you that I am finally finished with my sign-up. Take that, 24 hour deadline!

Oh drat, you made it. >.< Well just you wait, there will be more tasks ahead and I will erase you before we're through! >O

In the mean time, however, you are...~Accepted~

And yes, anyone with business in or concerning this RP (this includes reporting about profile changes, etc.) is free to post here. Heck, even any random spectator who has taken the time out of their life to follow the plot has posting rights because you don't get an awful lot of those. ^^

And it looks like our numbers are pretty good. One more accepted profile and I'll call it a cast, so hurry hurry. The clock is ticking and erasure waits for no man. :3

Hah, I should so start labeling declined sign-ups as 'erased' from now on. XD

Time left until sign-ups close: 7 hours, 1 minute.

Despair.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    It'll take more than jetlag and being a little tipsy to keep me away from roleplaying. >D

Just finished my sign-up and would like to note that the her history is somewhat vague, which is my intention for future Pokemon development purposes, which I hope is alright. If not I shall retreat and compete with whoever else is striving for the fabled final spot.

And there's nothing wrong with a little Japon here and there. I believe a particular girl with dark violet hair who can dish out her fair share of slappage has some roots in the nationality, neh? >3

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    wow i didn't think thered be so much on the ooc before i got here o.o

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    And there's nothing wrong with a little Japon here and there. I believe a particular girl with dark violet hair who can dish out her fair share of slappage has some roots in the nationality, neh? >3

Well...maybe, I might admit that there may be a touch of the old ojou trope in her manner to flesh out the lovely persona of my grandma's late cat (bless her vain little heart <3), and maaaaaybe the hair color had some slight influence to it. Though in honesty, the slapping is adopted from the cat; except that I thought Tacey would be too concerned about the state of her nails to go about scratching people on a regular basis, so I made a few alterations and-

Ahem, ANYWAY:

Just finished my sign-up and would like to note that the her history is somewhat vague, which is my intention for future Pokemon development purposes, which I hope is alright. If not I shall retreat and compete with whoever else is striving for the fabled final spot.

Oh, vague is fine if there is a reason behind it, and I know you can handle your character development so there's no issue. ~Accepted~ it is. And with that, we have amassed our cast, lady and gents. Therefore...>D

Ryuujin-kun, KatouBot, your sign-ups are hereby ~ E R A S E D~

Bask in the glory of the fancy coloring. :3

Starting time for the RP: as soon as I get my starting IC done. Stay tuned for updates to my last post in the thread.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    But wait, in the Reaper's Game if even one player completes the mission the others get off the hook, so shouldn't Gummy and Phanima's sign-ups have- *taboo noise'd*

Oh, okay, that makes sense. So I don't have to feel too bad if I have Alex take a relatively early loss nearing the finals. (BTW, I may have to add a new Pokemon to his sign-up, if that's okay. I was so exhausted when I finished the first one that I just dropped Nag to say that I was finished, and now he's hissing over my shoulder and demanding a write-in. 0.o)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Oh, fine, fine, as long as he appears on the profile in decent detail by the end of the day it's all well and good.

In other news: opening IC is now up, so post, post, post, and yes this means YOU RIGHT THERE! RP! READ! POST! EXECUTE! NOW! YOUR RP MASTER DOES SO COMMAND!

After the first IC your character should have completed their registration for the tournament and obtained their tournament IDs; whether or not you write this out in detail or just refer to it is up to you. ^^

...and don't ask about the yogurt, really. Late-night RPing does weird and not-yet-adequately-explored things to my writing. o.o

Last edited:

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Lol i'm like peeing myself, this rp is the greatest one I've ever been apart of right now - at i've been in quite a lot. Hahahahaha

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Lol i'm like peeing myself, this rp is the greatest one I've ever been apart of right now - at i've been in quite a lot. Hahahahaha

You've come to that conclusion after three IC posts? Wow AE, you must be doing something right...

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Well, I'm having fun. Oh, and profile update, so everyone can go check out gluttonous Nag.

I have to say, I think I may have been influenced a little too much when reading AE's yogurt conversation when thinking about his character. o.0

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Posted~ Yes, it's really short as I don't have a lot of time available now D:

Edited Jing's profile yesterday, for some reason, I suddenly found 'him' quite lovable. Anyway, I shall be referring to Jing as a him from now on, he seems more masculine anyways xD

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    You've come to that conclusion after three IC posts? Wow AE, you must be doing something right...

Damn right. Would you believe that on a good day I get this reaction before the first IC has even been written yet? XD

...no? Dang, and here I thought you'd be suitably gullible to help me promote my legacy of vastly exaggerated accomplishments. :<

Well...I'm glad you're amused? xD The real fun doesn't start until we get to the character interaction, though. :3

By the by, I've recently been informed that the power will be cut here in about half and hour and won't be restored until two hours later. >.< So yeah, I won't really manage any IC posting until then.

...not that we're in that big of a hurry anyway, seeing as how we still have three grand entrances to go.

EDITNESS: And speaking of posting delays...guess who's going to spend the weekend at their grandparents' summer cottage, with no internet connection? =D

Yeah, I thought you'd figure that one out. I'll probably disappearing somewhere around 12 AM Friday, so you will have to wait for the tournament kickoff until then. In the mean time, feel free to have your characters mingle or socialize or whatever, just don't make anything blow up in my absence, 'kay? XD

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    First grand entrance completed!

Just a quick post before I gotta go, which is kinda why I don't really like it. If I weren't in such a rush I would totally explore the vacant depths of Kao's social yet oblivious mind but then, if I left it until tomorrow, I'd just be lagging. >O

Tis such a dilemma~

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I'LL BE AWAY UNTIL ATLEAST THURSDAY JULY 17TH, IF NOT LONGER - See you when I get back guys.

EDIT: Trip canceled. =]

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Aww...I know how you feel, Phanima. *PatPat* BUT, the show must go on.

Besides, was that a random cameo from Plum out of all characters that I spotted? That is pure awesome right there. XD

That aside, bad news: I've got a family trip to the French alps coming up next Thursday. It's two weeks with no reliable computer access, give or take a day or two, depending on travel arrangements, so yeah...major bummer for my RPing. .__.

That being said, I shall kick off the first round of the tournament (complete with instructions) before I go and hope that there will be enough in it to provide something to occupy your interest for the duration of my absence.
    So...for the the first round, you may feel free to take your time in narrating your characters' progress, possibly having them run into each other (more on this later), and just generally give it thought and detail. Time should not be an obstacle in this case.

Ahh...but it will all make more sense once the evil land developer has spoken his piece. IC coming up tomorrow. ^^

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    The RPs I joined this summer appear to have died . . . hopefully the same does not happen to this roleplay.

By the way, I will be gone for about two weeks (evening July 23 until some point on August 7).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back