• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lilligant or Serperior?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2019
    I'm trying to decide on a grass type and narrowed it down to two I really like, (gonna replay moon and breed my team in sun)

Own Tempo Lilligant vs. Contrary Serperior,

Lilligant:

Pros:

Can abuse Petal dance without confusion backlash

Has access to Aromatherapy

Has great SpA and Spe

Cons:

Limited movepool

No access to any other attack types (excluding Z moves and H. Power)

Serperior

Pros:

Leaf storm abuse

Has access to more types of offense moves

Has access to glare

Cons:

Not the greatest bulk

Subpar Spe

No access to supporting moves.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Without a doubt, Serperior. While you say it doesn't have a lot of bulk, it doesn't really need it because it's meant to just spam Leaf Storm and watch as they get more powerful after every use, thus turning it into a fantastic wincon that can pick off a weakened team. And what are you saying about it having subpar Speed? It actually rests in a great Speed tier and it outspeeds a lot of common base 110 threats like Latios, although if you are concerned you could just give it a Choice Scarf so you can outspeed pretty much everything, as long as your opponent isn't carrying a scarf.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
    Years
  • If you're looking for an offensive.Sure Serperior is the best choice because combo Contrary + Leaf Storm

Years
  • Definitely Serperior,

Serperior actually has the greater speed and bulk of the two. Lilligant has a decent speed at 90 but to really bring out her potential as a special sweeper you might want to consider placing her on a sun team with the ability Chlorophyll. Otherwise Serperior is always going to outshine it in speed with an outstanding base stat of 113. With a Serperior on your team you can also completely counter sticky web users that would otherwise cripple teams because you have the ability Contrary :)

Serperior has a 95 base stat on both defenses stats, fair stats. Its going to take a hit better than Lilligant does at 75 and can be a dual screener. However, the reason to run Serperior is not for support when you have contrary. Being able to use 130 base stab move and boost your sp attack two stages is just nuts.

Back