• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Limb Space Pokemon Entry in Ruby

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
    Hi there. First time i post here Tutorial how to expand Pokedex Entries for Limbo Space pokemons. But after more researches. I've seen that extra entries corrupt Save data and Footprints. But now I found better way to add new Dex entries for limbo space pokemon.

~~~~~~~~~WHAT WE NEED~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. FSF
    2. Hex Editor <I use HexView>
    3. Patience and good eye XD
    4. Dex Entry Editor <I personaly recomend PGE Dex Editor. The best one>

~~~~~~~~~~STEP 1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First of we need go to Dex Entry pointer which is on 3B1858. After we found it. Select (Decimal - 13932/ Hex - 366C) Bytes. This bytes are all Pokedex Entry Data... Repoint it to free space.

~~~~~~~~~~STEP 2~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    After we repoint dex entry data. It was time to set new entry pointers after the last one <Asigned for Chimecho> So we go to begining of place where we repointed Entry Data. And select <Decimal - 36/Hex - 24> Bytes of data. This is bytes of single pokemon Entry. In my case I copy MissingNo. <000 pokemon> Data. And copy it 25 times after last entry.

~~~~~~~~~~STEP 3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ok. New Entries added. But what with system? We need change all directories of old dex entry to new one. Simple changing all (58 18 3B 08) To reverse pointer of your data. In my case (00 00 1a 09) <09 Becouse I use pointer 11a0000>. If you did it. Go to next step.

~~~~~~~~~~STEP 4~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Go to GBA PGE Dex editor ini file. And change this two sections.
    PokedexData=(To your new pointer)
    NumberOfDexEntries=412

And turn on Dex Editor. Tada... Fully editable entries...

If you do it right. In raw view <Without Editing> you should seen this.
    Limb Space Pokemon Entry in Ruby

Optionaly if you want you can change the Footprints. But it was not really needed.

I hope that my tutorial help you. Now I try expand CryConversionTable. But sadly I do not know how bytes have single entry.

Back