• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Live Topic

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
  • Ok so Live Topic is a plug-in. I've seen it used on a few forums and it's extremely helpful.

It does two things, possibly among others I am unaware of. It both places a small 'live topic' icon next to hot threads, which I don't think we need and can be turned off via ACP, and it automatically updates threads. Which means that you don't have to reload for newer posts to appear, they just kinda fade into the thread once they're posted, kinda like FB comments.

I think this could be extremely helpful during heated debates or when the DCC(s) are getting crowded.

What do you guys think? (I'm not sure if this could cause any unwanted server-stress, I really hope it doesn't).

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
    Years
  • I like this idea as well. I've seen it used and it's rather useful. What would be even more useful is for if it happened in Forum Games. Posts happen pretty frequently on there. I'd say make sure you get the Plug-in for them to download, though.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I like this idea as well. I've seen it used and it's rather useful. What would be even more useful is for if it happened in Forum Games. Posts happen pretty frequently on there. I'd say make sure you get the Plug-in for them to download, though.

I don't know where they got it from, sadly. All I know is that it's called Live Topic. I'll make some inquiries about its source.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Seems cool, but I'd want an option for members to turn the plug-in off in their UCP if they have slow internet or something. I have no idea how it would affect the server.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    In all for this. I'd like to see new features, anyway. And also that "ninja" thing that came up a while back may be solved.

Back