• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Local Music?

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    Are there any local bands around your area that are really good? Being involved with my local music scene i hear alot of great bands and play with them.

Years
    No, they're all pretty much terrible and should be ashamed to play in public.

Lots of "OMG, I'm going to scream words into this mic while attempting to break the strings on this guitar, and my talentless friend is going to randomly hit the drums as hard and fast as he can!" crap. Their hair and clothes are pretty hilarious, though, so I can't say it's not entertaining.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    There are a couple good local bands here. There used to be more, but drama happened and a lot of bands either broke up or lost members... so there aren't many good ones left, and a lot of what is left isn't as good now. It's a shame, really.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Living in Kansas City makes Tech N9ne local to me (which I'm very proud of)... but he is as local as I will go.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Local music is the lifeblood of the industry. If you can't find a local group you like-look harder.

Years
    We have a fair few decent local bands in western Australia...

try listening to a band called "The Silents" or "Tame Impala"

Years
    try listening to a band called "The Silents" or "Tame Impala"

I wouldn't call Tame Impala local, they're playing all over nowadays. But it depends what you mean by local I guess, as in I just assumed bands that are just starting up or aren't well known that only really play in one area/city would be considered local.

But yeah, I know heaps of good local bands, but I'd rather not say them on here so I don't reveal where I live.

Years
    I wouldn't call Tame Impala local, they're playing all over nowadays. But it depends what you mean by local I guess, as in I just assumed bands that are just starting up or aren't well known that only really play in one area/city would be considered local.

But yeah, I know heaps of good local bands, but I'd rather not say them on here so I don't reveal where I live.

I guess I still just consider them a local band because I haven't seen them since they only just got signed to modular.

Oh and it says in the top right hand corner of your post that your location is melbourne, unless it is ill informed.

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    There are no bands where I live, but there are people who write raps and hip hop songs.

Years
    I guess I still just consider them a local band because I haven't seen them since they only just got signed to modular.

Oh and it says in the top right hand corner of your post that your location is melbourne, unless it is ill informed.

I live a bit away from Melbourne. Like not out in the bush but it's not as close to the city. I meant local bands as in bands that are within about a twenty minutes drive from where I live. Luckily there's heaps of good bands around where I live, it's just a shame that nobody gets record deals and the opportunity to become something bigger than local. But yeah, great local music scene here.

But thanks for pointing that out to me, I don't mind that people know I live near Melbourne, but still thanks, I mightn't have not realised it was there.

Years
    If they are good enough I'm sure they will be found eventually. The internet is the big cheese for musical exposure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    The only band that I know lives near me, is Job For A Cowboy (awesome band, btw). They live in Glendale, Arizona. I live like a half an hour away.

Back