• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Logos

Years
  • Below you can see the English and Japanese logos for SV as shown!

English:
    Logos

Japanese:
    Logos

What do you guys think about each of these logo designs? People have been pointing out that the localized ones look very bare and not too good - do you agree with them?

Years
  • yes, honestly I don't really like them. Too early to give a proper judgment on the game, but the whole aesthetic and style of the game didn't convince me tbh. About logos, I don't like them, even the Japanese version that is generally way cooler. I think the English versions are kinda better, even when it comes to names. In Italian they sound kinda bad imo. The only important thing of Japanese logos is that star that should hint the new gimmick. As I said on a post, I feel this is connected to typing. Pure abstract speculation tho.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I don't mind them really, but they look very lackluster compared to the ones from previous games. Are the patterns in the letters, or the star in the japanese logo hinting something about the box legendaries? It's possible, since it's been like that since XY as far as my knowledge goes.

That said, I think what puts me off so much about these is how they used different typography for each version. It's a weird decision imo, but we don't know anything about the game to see if they had a reason for that or not. Still weird

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I like them, but I think there is a little too much gold as the borders. The Japanese ones do seem plain, but I think there is a reason that they are like that. Pokemon Company is not really the company to get lazy when hiding stuff for viewers to spot. As mentioned before, having those three colors together, takes us back to an older Spanish Flag.

For me, the Violet logo seems like a computer virus or something. Not a space related thing. While the Scarlet looks like a firewall. So I think it is digital based. This might be why they have different fonts as well.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I honestly feel like they're a cheap photoshop free trial job lmao like these logos don't actually look professional due to the thick yellow outlines and font chosen. The colours INSIDE the logos look good but alas. Violet makes me think space and Scarlet makes me think exploring... so I don't even know!

Whiteeyes1989

Normal/Dark -type
    Years
  • I kind of like them actually. The gold border is way overdone, especially on Scarlet, but incorporating the colors into the names and using a different texture for each (night sky vs gemstone) is a nice touch. As for the different fonts, it is too early to tell but may be related to a theme in the game. Not sure yet, but first impressions are fine.

Back