• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Long time lurker, saying hello!

Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hey there! I've been lurking without an account (and with one) for a while, but I figure I might as well become a bit more active in the community.

I'm Kizei - game industry nerd, furry, and long time Pokemon enjoyer. I'm in my 30s and live in the Pacific northwest with my girlfriend.

I started lurking around here to find more rom hacks and fan games after only really getting into them with Pokemon Infinite Fusion... I know, I don't know why it took so long for me either! I've been playing since the original games came to the US when I was little, and played with emulation and randomizers as I grew older, but Infinite Fusion was the first fan game I really looked into further due to the awesome concept and, from there, I've been seeking out more cool fan creations to try out.

Anyway, my favorite Pokemon of all time is Trevenant - but, I also love Garchomp, Beedrill, Dragapult, and Golisopod. My favorite types tend to be Ghost or Bug type mons!

My favorite games are probably X/Y and Scarlet/Violet - weird choices, I know - but I genuinely love every single game and spinoff.

As for currently playing: Absolutely addicted to Pokerogue. I also just started a fresh playthrough of Infinite Fusion (a friend just got their first sprites added to the game!) and have been using Emerald Enhanced as my go to phone game. I also need to get around to playing the second DLC for Scarlet eventually...

Anyway, happy to be here and hope to get more involved in the community in some way going forward! See you all around! o7

Years
  • Hey there! I've been lurking without an account (and with one) for a while, but I figure I might as well become a bit more active in the community.

I'm Kizei - game industry nerd, furry, and long time Pokemon enjoyer. I'm in my 30s and live in the Pacific northwest with my girlfriend.

I started lurking around here to find more rom hacks and fan games after only really getting into them with Pokemon Infinite Fusion... I know, I don't know why it took so long for me either! I've been playing since the original games came to the US when I was little, and played with emulation and randomizers as I grew older, but Infinite Fusion was the first fan game I really looked into further due to the awesome concept and, from there, I've been seeking out more cool fan creations to try out.

Anyway, my favorite Pokemon of all time is Trevenant - but, I also love Garchomp, Beedrill, Dragapult, and Golisopod. My favorite types tend to be Ghost or Bug type mons!

My favorite games are probably X/Y and Scarlet/Violet - weird choices, I know - but I genuinely love every single game and spinoff.

As for currently playing: Absolutely addicted to Pokerogue. I also just started a fresh playthrough of Infinite Fusion (a friend just got their first sprites added to the game!) and have been using Emerald Enhanced as my go to phone game. I also need to get around to playing the second DLC for Scarlet eventually...

Anyway, happy to be here and hope to get more involved in the community in some way going forward! See you all around! o7
    Hello Kizei, and (officially) welcome to the forums!
    I really like Golisopod too, really cool look!
    Have you tried the following fan games, Zeta / Omicron ; Solar Light - Lunar Dark ; Insurgence (my favourite ^^) ; Reborn (if you are into top level challenge and hairpulling puzzles) ?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello there Kizei, and welcome (officially) to the PC!

I'm not too experienced with fangames and such, but I've heard a lot of good things about them! I'm sure there are plenty of people around here who could give you plenty of suggestions.

What is your favorite aspect of the Pokemon series?

Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hello Kizei, and (officially) welcome to the forums!
    I really like Golisopod too, really cool look!
    Have you tried the following fan games, Zeta / Omicron ; Solar Light - Lunar Dark ; Insurgence (my favourite ^^) ; Reborn (if you are into top level challenge and hairpulling puzzles) ?

I have actually not heard of those first two, so I am now adding them to my growing list of ones to try out!

I have heard of the others, though, and have been meaning to play them also! I believe I started an Insurgence run on an old PC before it got wiped, but I remember enjoying it quite a lot.

I wish there were more hours in the day so I could work AND play Pokemon games more often (in addition to my growing backlog of other games as well, lol.)

Hello there Kizei, and welcome (officially) to the PC!

I'm not too experienced with fangames and such, but I've heard a lot of good things about them! I'm sure there are plenty of people around here who could give you plenty of suggestions.

What is your favorite aspect of the Pokemon series?

I think my favorite aspect of the series has to be the simple concept of team building, in addition to the massive amount of designs, moves, and type combos.

In a general sense in regards to (J)RPGs, I love things with complex skill/class trees and deep customization, and Pokemon is one franchise that consistently scratches those itches. I love discovering each entry's additions to the Pokedex and finding new type combos to tackle challenges, as well as just being able to collect and customize different move pools and stat combos on the same Pokemon to find new builds for different circumstances. Plus, going in somewhat blind and discovering the evolutions of a certain Pokemon line is super fun - visual indicator of your growing power? Heck yeah.

----

Thank you both for the warm welcome!

Years
  • I have heard of the others, though, and have been meaning to play them also! I believe I started an Insurgence run on an old PC before it got wiped, but I remember enjoying it quite a lot.
    Well, I had to restart it as well since it wasn't complete when I first tried it, but I can tell you restarting and playing to its end is more than worth it!

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • Hey there! I've been lurking without an account (and with one) for a while, but I figure I might as well become a bit more active in the community.

Welcome to the forums KizeiShark!^^
    What's your favorite Eeveelution?

Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Welcome to the forums KizeiShark!^^
    What's your favorite Eeveelution?

Sylveon is too cute for words, but Vaporean speaks to my love of the ocean.

Long time lurker, saying hello!

Years
  • Both as an answer in a fav eeveelution question? Blasphemy! the answer is all of them! :wink:

Hello! =3
    I loved XY too, what do you like most about it ? Do you still remember your team? =)

Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Both as an answer in a fav eeveelution question? Blasphemy! the answer is all of them! :wink:

Hello! =3
    I loved XY too, what do you like most about it ? Do you still remember your team? =)
    Late reply - had a crazy week!

For me, there were a few specific things that made it special, not the least among them being how easy and fun it was to play over the internet with my friends. I know there were a few entries prior that had various online functionality, but I never really had a chance to take advantage of them. But, XY came out while I was in college and making a slew of new online friends and led to lots of late night trading and battles!

At the time, for me at least, it was also just such a cool evolution of the game. The last game I had played before it was Diamond/Pearl (I missed Platinum and B/W 1 and 2 when they were new - I know, I missed the good ones!) But seeing the updates to the art style, the bits of character customization, etc. really appealed to me.

I also really loved the addition of fairy typing at the time!

I don't entirely remember my team. Fennekin was definitely my starter. I am also 99% sure I brought over my prized Trevenant from Platinum, and I made every excuse to use Xerneas (made easier because it let me kick the butt of my best friend who chose Y and had Yveltal.)

Back