• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking back on it it's kinda disturbing

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    I was sitting at my keyboard when the song I had not herd in years popped in to my head. It was "The cat came back" so I looked it up on tube and I found the lyrics a little disturbing.

Warning Long

Spoiler:

Ever loved some thing as a child but when you look back on it makes you think "what the heck".

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Wow, thanks for the nostalgia trip. I wore that cassette out as a little kid. But, even then I found the song kind of weird. lol

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    There was a song I loved as a kid. It was called "Don't Stand So Close to Me" by The Police. I had no idea what it meant, in fact I don't think I even knew the verses as a kid, I just knew the chorus. Then I listened to it again when I grew up, and realized it was actually about a teacher/student relationship and felt very strange about listening to it as a kid.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I do love watching cartoons from my childhood and wondering how they got away with saying half the things they said, Animaniacs stands out above all the others though.

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
    Years
  • My parents and their best friends (whose house was right behind ours, so I grew up with them around a lot) were HUGE Parrotheads, and so I grew up on a lot of Jimmy Buffett songs, most of which are about getting hammered. Go ahead, imagine a two-year-old girl knowing all the words to Margaritaville. I knew songs by heart that I can't even name on PC XDDD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I used to like the song Sex and Candy as a kid. I didn't know the words though, so when I sang along with it, I just mumbled. Then I found out the actual name of the song when I got older. I...didn't bother looking at the lyrics. The name was enough for me. lol

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I used to copy the hymns from the church choirs and sing them all day long when I was at home, back when I was 5 or 6.

Nowadays I just think that this was ridiculous and funny. I mean, even if I try, I can't copy them now as I did (not that I want to, either).

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years

• As a kid, I loved the show Johnson & Friends. It was so entertaining, a group of toys that came to life and engaged in shenanigans in some boy's bedroom. It was kind of like Toy Story in that way, only it was live action rather than animation.

I looked back on it a few months ago and oh. my. god. That show is creepy! I have no idea how I ever slept through the night as a child. These toys with their cold, dead eyes moving of their own accord and having fun in some boy's bedroom - if the thought had ever entered my mind back then that my toys could be doing this whenever I left for the day, I think I might have cried myself to sleep nightly. The whole concept is terrifying. I have respect for anybody who watched this as a kid - I certainly feel more badass knowing what I do now lol.

Also, Barney & Friends was a creepy show in a different way altogether - that "I love you, you love me" song they played at the end of every episode while the kids just stared dreamily into Barney's eyes seemed almost cult-like lol

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    The song Walking in the Air. I didn't really mind it as a kid, but nowadays the singing by Aled Jones just creeps me out so much, with no logical reason. (So much so I have to physically run away from the source)

Years
  • Every single Disney movie is ruined when you have the dirty mind of a teenager. Example: In Aladdin, where Jafar tries to marry Jasmine, my little sister still does not understand why I whispered "Pedobear has approved this movie."

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    That moment when you discover Little Red Corvette by Prince is actually not about a car.

mummy what does he mean about having a pocket of horses

Back