• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking Back

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    Which aspect/pokemon/character from the games have you been disappointed with? Like, you were pretty hyped about it when it was first announced but now, its just meh.

It's Silvally for me. Lacklsuter everything, given it's main selling point is its' ability to defeat the gods? Please.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    Pokemon-wise, I'd say I was most disappointed with Crabominable. I was hoping for good Ice-types this generation, but ice crabby just doesn't fit.

Well, mention Vikavolt too because their evolution is so hard to trigger that it deemed them useless in ingame play

Last edited:

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    So, the introduction of Ultra Beasts was quite underwhelming in general in S/M, especially in regards to how Ultra Beasts were tied into the plot. I was seriously expecting more than just Nihilego, Lusamine, and a 10-min exploration of the alternate Ultra Beast world. I have a feeling this is going to be expanded upon more heavily in US/UM, but their minimal inclusion in S/M was severely lacking.

blue

gucci
    Years
    The Pokemon that evolved so late on in the game really put me off using them all together. I'd planned to use Vikavolt right from the start, but as soon as I found out it evolves at Poni Canyon, I was totally put off the idea and replaced it with another Pokemon.

pkmin3033

All of it. There was literally nothing good about these games asides from the visual upgrade...and improved aesthetics should never come at the cost of actual game content. Which was woefully lacking in these titles.

I could make all the same complaints of these games that I could make of Gen V and VI. Style over substance approach, lack of player focus in favour of under-developed and thoroughly unlikeable NPCs, unbalanced gameplay mechanics (in this case, Gen V's EXP growth rate making an unwelcome comeback), lackluster designs of new Pokemon, diminished length of the main game and little to no post-game content, washed-out polygonal models, unnecessary removal of certain features, severely lacking character customisation options, terrible music...I could go on. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

I've come to expect all of this from Pokemon at this point. It just never gets any better. It just slowly slides further and further into mediocrity. Looking back, it was Gen VI all over again. Which was Gen V all over again. I was never hyped, but I WAS moderately interested. Looks like even that is too much for this franchise these days.

Last edited:
    Back